American Express Reviews

Visit American Express

American Express 'blue box' values reflect who they are and what they stand for: Customer Commitment, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect for People are their core values. Smart Money People is the place for American Express reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

American Express Review Insight

Consumer Credit Awards logo Winner of "Best Credit Card Provider" at the Consumer Credit Awards 2017.

American Express Products 259

Charge Card

A FRIEND FOR LIFE

Been with American Express for over 41 years, their not a Credit Card, their one of my best friend's. They have been their for me when I really needed help, not just in the UK, but when my mother was diagnosed with Cancer and I had to get my sister back from the USA. Thanks AMEX for a great 41yr; marriage.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
lee lee's avatar
lee lee

Finance

Not acceptable in some stores . Mostly use it to order stuff online. High interest rate

Reviewed on 31st July 2021

Reviewed on 8th July 2021
MozzaP's avatar
MozzaP

Forward thinking card company

Like the local shop this card provider offers, along with voting for a local business. Overall it's a good card and been customer over 5 years and still happy.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

Good overall card

Each time I've contacted Amex have been extremely professional and helpful. Love the rewards that go with this card.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

American Express Credit Card

Excellent app, great customer care

The app is very user friendly and the statements are very clear. When I raised a query It was dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Also have a good cash back scheme, especially for the first 3 months

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
Patricia O'Brien's avatar
Patricia O'Brien

Best Credit Card

Priority Pass membership card very good

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
Tony Giovanni Chen's avatar
Tony Giovanni Chen

Great value

A great way to make something out of when you use your credit card. Especially if you love travelling and make use of Avios “the card benefits points” which translates into money. ... Read more

What else if good about it is that every now and then they have special offer and you can acquire more points of have discounts to various retailers

Dora's avatar
Dora

Great customer service

I don't often need to contact Customer Services, but whenever I've needed to speak to someone I've always have a swift reply on live chat, or my telephone call has been quickly answered. The agents are always helpful and polite, and always resolve issues quickly.

Dan Mullen's avatar
Dan Mullen

Great service, great card

Very good benefits and excellent customer service. Very happy with my Amex credit card

Aaron Gillman's avatar
Aaron Gillman

American Express Credit Card

Great customer service and fraudulent identification in.

I’ve had issues with chargers and they are great to get refunds. Also identified a fraudulent transaction before processing a 3,250 US dollar charge for an online reservation with Philippine Airlines.

Lynda Cameron's avatar
Lynda Cameron

Quick application process

Decision was quick and card and details sent promptly

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Xeythus's avatar
Xeythus

Charge Card

Excellent card and wonderful customer service

Amex customer service is one of best in world

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Assad Kiani's avatar
Assad Kiani

An excellent choice

Amex always go the extra mile. They recognise you when you call, they are polite, go out of their way to help and make everything easy.

Reviewed on 28th March 2021
Julia 's avatar
Julia

Amaizing Covid proof product

Continue to delivery best credit card value proposition while ensuring rewards are Covid proof. Best product!!!

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka's avatar
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka

Gold Credit Card

Great service and easy points

Great way to collect Amex points on my normal day-to-day spending. Service over the phone is fast and efficient

Reviewed on 25th March 2021
Tom's avatar
Tom

Good value

Good value easy to apply, very straightforward

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
Aaron Gillman's avatar
Aaron Gillman

Gold Credit Card

Exceptional service

AMEX always provide an exceptional service.

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Bjap's avatar
Bjap

My favourite card

My favourite credit... Read more

My favourite credit card!
I have been AMEX card member for almost 10 years. I have the cash back card that cost £25 a year. The card gives me cash back on anything I spend, and pays out the cash back once a year, at the end of your anniversary month. I am trying to do all my monthly spending on this card and collect over £200 cash back each year. There are also offers available for you to add to your card which change regularly. These offers give you extra cash back when you spend at particular places. Repay everything at the end of the month like you would with every card that you use. If you are interested, the link below will give you £25 cash back when you open acc and spend £1. Have fun and don’t forget to repay every month!

Reviewed on 17th February 2021