Ratings based on 50 reviews Last review 1 week ago

Barclays business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at Barclays is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many...

owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of Barclays business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Our Smart Money People 360° Rating

OK Business Banking Rating
Combines our customer review data set with wider market analysis. Find out more here.

Your Business Banking Reviews (50)

23rd January 2016

No support for cricket club

I use Barclays for my cricket club's accounts. The cricket club operates on very tight margins and when I asked Barclays to support a major fundraising event, they declined. This was very disappointing - I'm sure Barclays could have offered something in the way of support.

23rd December 2014

Luck whether you speak to someone good on the phone. Charged me for a problem with their international payments documentation.

I've just started my own business designing rucksacks, getting them manufactured in China and brought to Europe. I needed a bank with an international reputation who could handle my international payments to China. My payment didn't go through due to Barclays...

My payment didn't go through due to Barclays failing to include my business address. I called to tell them to amend this. They did but they charged me an amendment fee.

The following took 4 hours of my time to fix. I called to complain, fix their process for future international payments and fairly receive the £20.

My first call was 1 hour long. the first person I spoke to treated me as a threat, telling me I was wrong and failing to grasp my problem. She passed me to two wrong departments and had explained my problem incorrectly to each. When I was finally put through to the correct department, someone accidentally hung up on me.

I called back. An amazing customer services person came on the phone and fixed everything. I'm thrilled I was allotted this person on the phone lottery.

Mixed bag. Broken documentation policy, no admittance of a problem until I complsined a second time. I told I need a work around and there is no solution.

I applaud the final person I spoke to but I'm on the look out for a bank that takes international business payments transactions seriously.

14th November 2014

Tried to open an account...3 weeks wait for appointment!

I was urgently trying to open a business account, and was offered an appointment 3 weeks away...called HSBC and got one in 2 weeks. Maybe they are so good that you just have too wait, but i couldn't wait the extra week

Articles related to Barclays