Cashplus Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 24 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Launched in 2005, Cashplus is a UK challenger bank for small businesses, offering faster, smarter, simpler current accounts for the entrepreneurs, independent businesses and consumers that power the UK economy. Smart Money People is the place for Cashplus reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Good

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
khanspresco@gmail.com's avatar
khanspresco@gmail.com

Business Current Account

Best of line bank in the UK

I currently try have a current and business account with them and they are truly amazing from customer service to services provided

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Massivi 's avatar
Massivi

Direct debit and charges

My direct debit and charges are never... Read more

My direct debit and charges are never clear.
My date's keep changing from month to month.
I would receive a text or email after I missed a payment but was never informed about up and coming payments from my account.
If i was prepared at least two or three days before my direct debit I would always be on time

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Stephen Daniel 's avatar
Stephen Daniel

Awful

Terrible company. In the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, they put my business at risk by making it difficult for me to accept payments totaling almost £170,000, which in the end they refused to accept. When I called to complain about this, no help was offered. The complaints team asked me to wait 3 weeks whilst they investigate, and then informed my they would be closing my account. Avoid this company, it's just not worth the stress, or the risk.

Reviewed on 15th March 2021
Tobias's avatar
Tobias

Good start

Now, because Cashplus is a full licence bank, they have a good start and I am happy with them. Annual fee doesn’t exist anymore. You have to try it!

Reviewed on 23rd February 2021
Robert Suditu's avatar
Robert Suditu

Business Current Account

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. FUNDS HELD FOR 6 WEEKS. CUSTOMER SERVICE UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLUELESS. COMPLAINTS FOBBED OFF

We lost access to our account as a result if a supposed technical difficulty 6 weeks ago. We were told the "technical department" was looking into it.... Read more

2 weeks in, with no update and after repeatedly calling to investigate, we were then told that the notes suggested this "department" had only looked into it once.

The following week, we called again and then were informed that our account was to be closed within 60 days as a result of a business decision. We received no correspondance in writing of this nor wouod we have found out if we dudnt make the repeated effort to contact them.

During that call, we were told if we provided details for another business account, our funds would be transfered so we set one up and did exactly that on Monday. When we did so, we were told that within 2 days, another "department" would receive the details and pass it onto a "manager" who would then authorize the payment.

3 days pass we call again and find out this did not happen. Today we called again and it still hasn't happen but we're now told it could take up to 30 days.

During this time, we have had no access to our business' funds, have lost relationships with clients and have spent time and money on calling to find out what is going on. We complained and demanded compensation for the cost and loss of business this has called, they responded essenrially saying no to it all and still havent resolved the matter of oue funds.

AVOID THIS BANK AT ALL COSTS. We are told different thingd everytime we investigate, they make no effort to inform us of anything and fob off complaints. Quite simply, we will be complaining to the FCA and Ombudsman regarding their behaviour, with details of all the conversations we have had with them and with whom we have spoken.

Furthermore, we will now be making a court claim for our funds and the costs we have incurred next week.

Our advice: STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

If anybody else has had a similar experience, please get in touch as we'd like to take as much action as we can not just to get out situation resolved, but to make sure this "bank" is held accountable.

Reviewed on 24th October 2020
Emmanuel Young's avatar
Emmanuel Young

Cashplus is a SCAM

Cashplus stole more than 6000£ from my business due to “Technical failures”! They need to be investigated NOW! Please do sign the petition at change.org

Reviewed on 7th September 2020
Ornelia's avatar
Ornelia

Cashplus is terrible

Cashplus is TERRIBLE, they’ve stolen more than 6000£ from my business and will not return the funds due to technical issues! Please do sign a petition at change.org to have them investigated

Reviewed on 7th September 2020
Ornelia's avatar
Ornelia

AVOID THIS "WANNABE" BANK

CashPlus have frozen my account so cant transfer or withdraw money from my account. After sever phone calls and promises that the money would be transferred it doesn't happen and make excuses every time why it hasn't happened. Seems to be a common occurrence that they freeze and close accounts without notification. They are not a real bank and you pay the ultimate price when things go wrong.

Reviewed on 14th August 2020
Andy Collins's avatar
Andy Collins

Prepaid Card

My business left in trouble

My business has been left in trouble because of Cashplus. I sent money to my Barclays business from my personal account back in April which I borrowed from a cash advance from a credit card. Cashplus had frozen my personal account without informing me in April. I tried to then pay the money I borrowed back sending £3500 back to the Cashplus account not knowing they had already frozen it. First, they asked for proof of the payment made back in April which I provided straight away. Now they are saying there is an IT issue with my account, and they cannot log in and neither can I so no one can access my account not even them. They have frozen £3500 of my money at a desperate time. This was money I had to pay back, and I sent it to a frozen account which they never informed me. I am in difficulty because of them I made complaint to them and still waiting for case handler to do something. They had everything they asked for and I still cannot even log in to see if my £3500 is safe in the account, agents cannot tell me it is safe as no one can log into my own account. It is like a horror story I am desperate for help and not getting it. Worse is that they freeze your money and lock you out of your account without notification and you will not have any idea they done it. If I read this from someone else, I would think it was a lie as it is that bad. I do not believe other more established banks would do this. If they had issue, they would try to reach out to you to let you know. If they really are wanting to become a bank, then how can they behave like this to their consumers. I read some reviews below Cashplus sending money back where it came from and not giving access to it. Well please do that for me I can then pay it to another account from my business account. Please send my £3500 back then at least I can send it somewhere it will be safe. I can even close this account if Cashplus wish I just want them to return the funds back to the source. I have no objection to that as both accounts belong to me in my name. I have strong objection to Cashplus not giving me access to my account so I can see the money is in there then Cashplus staff not knowing anything or having any access to my account who work for Cashplus. Just please Cashplus return funds to the sender as I am the sender of it. I never imagined being blocked out of my account without notification. I am now updating you on 12/08/2020 Cashplus sent me the following from my complaint: "As a result of our investigation, your complaint is partially upheld. Access to your account was restricted in order for Cashplus to fulfil its regulatory obligations and in line with the terms of the account. Please accept Cashplus’ sincerest apologies for the subsequent technical fault which prevented you from receiving any information pertaining to the status of your account between the 20th July –12th August, and for the distress and inconvenience this caused you.Please consider this our Final Response in dealing with your complaint. If you wish, you may now refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Contact details may be obtained from the enclosed leaflet or you may contact them directly at financial ombudsman. Please note that if you decide to do this, you must do so within six months (we confirm that APS does not intend to waive this time limit)." After leaving me without money for weeks and not being able to access my account they have merely give me a half hearted apology. After this they closed my account stating this is their statutory right. Obviously, I will appeal this to the financial ombudsman just to ensure it is reported all to the relevant authorities the way they are behaving. I will update here in probably months when the ombudsman sheds their light on their unprofessionalism and lack of care and courtesy. It is probable that my account is closed due to public expression of how they have treated me.

Reviewed on 12th August 2020
Clive Godfrey's avatar
Clive Godfrey

Destroyed mt business

Set up account they restrictions Ted it and kept M6 money made a complaint no reply customer services all trained to delay divert frustrate ans... Read more

Set up account they restrictions Ted it and kept M6 money made a complaint no reply customer services all trained to delay divert frustrate ans lie.

Never ever again big big big mistake. Don't be fooled into accepting a quick account that's where it ends

Alanm

Reviewed on 7th April 2020
Alan mcclean's avatar
Alan mcclean

Credit builder

Great way to save and rebuild your credit rating, simple easy payments and no worries about going overdrawn

Reviewed on 27th February 2020
Miss Emma Dutton's avatar
Miss Emma Dutton

Stay well away

It's all about money grabbing policy I think they are a branch of a bank.

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
mohammad a,'s avatar
mohammad a,

Great Serivce

Cashplus provides a good banking serivces. I hope they will become a fully bank licensed in very near future.

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
SULIMAN ABDELATY's avatar
SULIMAN ABDELATY

Over priced

Not happy with the charges charged by this organisation, they are way over the top. And most of the time there system is down

Reviewed on 3rd January 2020
The gate man's avatar
The gate man

high fees

can recommned trhis bank to anyone., they are not efficient

Reviewed on 3rd January 2020
David's avatar
David

Pleasantly surprised

Got it as a stop-gap and ended up keeping it. Recent facelift is pretty good - especially the receipt capture, which is handy. The overdraft on the account also useful and synchs up with my Free agent. Pretty happy with it.

Reviewed on 13th November 2019
Paddy's avatar
Paddy

Credit Card

Business account

Pretty good business account, I've had no problems with them

Reviewed on 7th January 2019
thelace's avatar
thelace

Fantastic

Great service always absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 18th December 2018
Victoria belton 's avatar
Victoria belton

Prepaid Card

SCAM ARTISTS TO SAY THE LEAST.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO EMPATHY FOR A YOUNG FAMILY WHATSOEVER WHO HAVE BEEN LEFT WITHOUT A PENNY OF THEIR OWN MONEY WHILST ON HOLIDAY. A YOUNG CHILD WHO IS FIVE MONTHS OLD HAS NO WAY OF BEING FED AND NO WAY OF OBTAINING ANY SOURCE OF GETTING HOME. COMPLETE AND UTTER DISGRACE.

Reviewed on 31st May 2018