Esure Reviews

Esure reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about this insurance company. Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write Esure insurance reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Esure Review Insight

Appalling customer service

Called esure to change my address on my car insurance policy which I'd paid for the year to 19/12/20. Was informed would be charged over £27, mostly admin fees. Told call handler I could not pay as don't work anymore. She came back to inform me that my policy was being cancelled and I'd receive a 7 day notice letter. Wow gobsmacked!

Reviewed on 26th November 2020
Lesley Martin's avatar
Lesley Martin

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL... Read more

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
A drunk driver smashed into my vehicle she was arrested for drink driving and admitted full liability to hitting my car.
I reported this to acorn insurance my insurance company and I was told To call ESURE the drunk drivers insurance company ... I called esure they collected my car and they have had my car for almost 2 weeks esure then came back to me and said they can’t offer me any service as their policy holder was drunk and breached her insurance policy they told me no work had been done on my car and that I had to deal with acorn insurance.... no one from esure contacted me at all the first I knew about this was when enterprise the courtesy car company contacted me Friday afternoon stating esure was not going to pay for the hire anymore and I was going to be left without a car after more than 4 hours and speaking with 8 different people who couldn’t help me I finally got a call from Catherine who was dealing with my claim she apologised and said she was meant to call me but she was waiting to hear from other departments she stated she was new to the role and she was told that even as it was a drunk driver she was told they could still repair my car but she had been miss informed and that they should not have offered to fix my car and I needed to go through my insurance company they did allow me to keep the hire car until Monday as I have vulnerable parents what a mess they said they are not refusing to fix the car but the car would be returned to me and then my insurance company have to deal with them very very poor customer service and I think your staff need to be trained to a high standard not to make these mistakes and cause unnecessary stress to people I have been left with no option but to take this further to the auto motor ombudsman

Reviewed on 13th November 2020
Nick's avatar
Nick

EXTREMELY RUDE MAN CALLED MARTIN

Phoned up and spoke to an EXTREMELY RUDE Scottish man called... Read more

Phoned up and spoke to an EXTREMELY RUDE Scottish man called Martin.
The call quality his end was awful and he was speaking far too quickly. So I very pleasantly apologised as I couldn't hear him properly, and asked could he repeat what he said, and he ANGRILY SHOUTED the sentence back to me and hung up. He needs to be sacked IMMEDIATELY.
Call was 30/09/20 at 17:55pm (the call connected after a 25 min wait in the queue).

Reviewed on 30th September 2020
Tom's avatar
Tom

1 star is being generous

I think one star is being generous with these clowns. I dont know where to even start with... Read more

I think one star is being generous with these clowns. I dont know where to even start with esure.

I took my policy out last year and my term ended last month i got the policy from one of the comparison websites Moneysupermarket i think it was i cant remember done it on the website and a few days later i got a email saying to give them a call as they needed to talk to me about my policy so i phoned and got through to emma/gemma stating that they might not be able to insure me as agreed via the online policy as my car had modified suspension and they were not sure if they were insuring cars with modified suspension etc anymore.

So after her speaking to her manager they were going to honor the policy as per my online agreement, I told gemma on the phone i would not want to auto renew next year as i always tend to go somewhere else as you never get a good offer anyway. So emma put a note on my policy stating i did not want to renew with them and confirmed to me that it had all went through and it would not automatically renew.

My insurance with esure ran out last month so after my last payment i cancelled my direct debit with them and over the last 3 weeks i have been receiving some nasty letters from them stating after my policy had ended they tried to auto renew my policy and as i had cancelled the direct debit they could not take the payment and had now cancelled my policy and i owed them a admin fee etc of £37

I then phoned esure to see what they were playing at and got told it was a error on their behalf and i did not owe them anything and just to ignore that letter.

2 weeks later i received another letter stating that i now had till the 15th to pay up or they would have no other choice but to get a debt collection agency involved.

I then phoned them again and by this time i have had 3x letters and a few really cheeky emails from esure. So i get through to them and the woman proceeds to tell me that they might be able to waiver what i was due them.

I then proceeded to tell her that she could do what she liked but i wouldnt be paying them another penny and been told on the phone 2 weeks prior it was there error, i then got told she would have to put me on hold to speak to someone in accounting to see what was going on.

I then hear back from her saying that the letter that had been sent out was a mistake and i did infact owe the £0 i then questioned her asking why a letter threatening me with debt collectors etc would have been sent out automatically at this point i asked to speak to a manager and got told there were no managers near by her and she was not allowed to go over to her managers seating area ? Maybe press a button on your phone and transfer me to your manager would have been a good shout but no that didnt happen.

So by this point im really not happy and starting to lose my patience with them and ask if the call is being recorded to which i get the reply "yes our calls are recorded"

I then tell her if i get one more email or letter through my door i will be going on every review site and social media site to tell everyone how horrendous there company is. Then i get the "we're very sorry" the usual nonsense.

I then get told that there is a note on my account after she had double checked, That there is a note from the start stating i had discussed on the phone that i had not wanted the auto renewal.

So after all this i have been told a absolute bunch of lies from esure and it was all my fault because i had not cancelled the auto renewal. I have been harassed by these clowns for almost a month now for no reason and been threatned with debt collectors for nothing. This company could not run a bath never mind a insurance company if this is how there customer service is god forbid you have a smash or someone smashes into you total clueless avoid like the plague.

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Hayden Walker's avatar
Hayden Walker

Absolute disaster

Avoid... Read more

Avoid them
This is not the insurance you need. Stay far away from these scammers! I had insurance all year is finish then I requested to send me no claim bounce the send me then I go to another insurance company. I paid the full and final amount. After 2 months I received the latter from esure remaining balance £167.75. Absolute disaster

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Habib Ur Rehman's avatar
Habib Ur Rehman

slow, poor customer service

car written off after being hit whilst parked. Esure were slow to help resolve, inconsistent (never the same person, never the same story when you call... it'll be today, no it'll be 2 days, no it'll be 5 days) never called back when they said they would, made no effort at all to resolve despite me having a young family and needing to make a trip. took 6 days to assess the damage and provide a value which admiral (driver at faults insurance) did inside 6 hours.
you find out about the service when you need your insurance and esure have been poor.

Reviewed on 17th August 2020
chris's avatar
chris

FEE TO CANCEL IN COOLING OFF PERIOD

CHARGED A £25 CANCELLATION FEE DURING THE COOLING OFF PERIOD. I was given a better offer so cancelled the day after purchasing the policy and 15 days before the start of the actual cover. Of course it is in the small print but this renders the point of the cooling off period useless surely?! Doing this has actively made me decide that I will now never use Esure for any policy in the future and will recommend to everyone that they be avoided. Money grabbing sods.

Reviewed on 12th August 2020
RM's avatar
RM

PLEASE READ BEFORE GOING WITH ESURE

Please read this before choosing this horrendous, unprofessional and careless car insurance company. Recently we had a car drive into the back of our car at a stop sign writing off my car and causing us injuries, non-fault accident. At the scene of the accident I took photos and phone esure claims department. The lady I spoke to sounded like she had just woken up, couldn’t be bothered to be on the phone and I was a burden to her. I was panicked, worried and didn’t know what to do whilst I was checking in with my partner who was being seen by the ambulance service as he also has a underlying health condition (12 lots of brain surgeries so far) the lady on the phone kept saying I can’t hear you, I explained I’m on the side of a busy road, trying to sort out the issue. I had to send pictures of my car via a text sent to me at the side of the road before they could recover the vehicle and prove it couldn’t be driven! The least of my worries, but I did it as that’s what I was told to. She advised that RAC would take us and the vehicle back to my home address 35 miles away as it was also a business vehicle with all our belongings in. I get a phone call from a local recovery company (RAC subcontracted) to explain they are collecting the car to drop to their depot. I explain it should be taken to my home address with us, where she confirmed it was not allowed and her license was at risk. 3 phone calls at the side of the road to esure I explain this (1.5hrs) on the phone to be told they are sorting it and etc! Still no news bearing in mind the accident happened at 10:15am and we were still at the side of the road with injuries at 2:30pm we still got nowhere I decided to speak to a team leader. I explained what I was told and even explained that the claims lady had to ask a team leader weather the car could be taken with us home and was told YES! The team leader explained this was not said (she has since listen to the call and confirmed it was told to me!) to be told that we had to get a taxi back home 35 miles with our injuries and no sympathy what so ever especially this wasn’t a fault accident and the third party’s! To top this off I was told I had a £250 excess, until I questioned this wasn’t my fault to be told oh yes no access to pay! I’ve lost absolutely all confidence in this Company that I’m now dealing with the other parties insurance company as they have been so helpful, raised a formal complaint which is still with them but will go onto the ombudsman service as we were treated with no empathy, care or fairly for a accident not at our fault as especially with my injured partner who has medical issues to be left at the side of the road for 4 hours to be told get a taxi home!

Esure made a already very traumatic, stressful situation even more stressful and I came away feeling hurt, that they were not there for us and did absolutely nothing to help us as a paying Esure car insurance customer with a non-fault accident. God forbid if it was a fault accident how would they treated us then! I have asked for all notes, phone calls and etc relating to this accident to be sent to me under the subject access request so I can take this further and stop this from happening to anyone else. The road we had the accident on was a busy 60mph road and we had to make our way to a small village to get help and get someone to get us to take us home. To top it off I had to then get to the depot our crashed car was at to offload everything from this with my injuries as they didn’t do what they promised! Cheers Esure you truly are a shambles of a company who leaves there customers at the road side with no help and a array of stressful phone calls and lies!!

DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE! YOU WILL BE TAKEN AS A COMPLETE MUG AND LAUGHED AT ALL THE WAY!

THIS IS JUST THE START TO MY LEGAL BATTLE WITH THESE INCONSIDERATE COMPANY AND MY POLICY WILL BE CANCELLED ONCE THIS CLAIM HAS BEEN SETTLED!

YOU’ VE BEEN WARNED!

** ESURE CUSTOMER SERVICE DON’T FEED ME WITH SO SORRY COMMENTS OR ANYTHING ELSE **

Reviewed on 11th August 2020
Callum B's avatar
Callum B

Quick and easy

Dealt with my no blame claim fast and effectively

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Tim Millington's avatar
Tim Millington

Top company

easy to deal with I currently have a policy

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Philippa's avatar
Philippa

Car Insurance

Helpful and modern customer service

I was happy to find a live chat option on their website when I had a query about my car insurance renewal, this option of customer service suits my needs and they were able to answer my questions speedily.

Reviewed on 7th July 2020
Sophie's avatar
Sophie

Easy and low stress

Signed up for insurance and then needed to cancel within the 14 days. They made this all very easy and stress free to do over the live chat on their website.

Reviewed on 30th June 2020
KJ's avatar
KJ

Great customer service

I have had car insurance with esure for a number of years now. They’re customer service via the telephone is top notch.

Reviewed on 11th May 2020
Shaun Co's avatar
Shaun Co

Esure

Ensure home insurance police its not worth the paper it's written on

Reviewed on 2nd March 2020
Stephen 's avatar
Stephen

Avoid

Avoid this company paid last year £330, they send me a renewal letter with £600. When I call to don't renew the adviser Pipa turn off the call, poor costumer services.

Reviewed on 24th February 2020
Paulo's avatar
Paulo

Home Insurance

Poor terms and conditions Rejection and unfairly treated.

When you take out insurances gives you peace of mind right! well this company is not honorable one, the terms and conditions said underground services covered nice big green tick, accidental damage terms suddenly changes dependant on your... Read more

When you take out insurances gives you peace of mind right! well this company is not honorable one, the terms and conditions said underground services covered nice big green tick, accidental damage terms suddenly changes dependant on your claim.
We had a blockage and as a reasonable home owner got a company in to clear the block, he advised a CCTV survey that revealed a scaled pipe made of cast and would need cleaning well they broke it accidently but you guessed it wont pay out due to wear and tear, what constitutes wear and tear and accidental damage as the definition of accident is a cause! they made up their mind on first contact feel very let down. I had two car insurances and home insurance that all had gone up on renewals every year, but beware this company also owns other companies under the same umbrella. A blocket toilet ended up costing us £2000 :(

Reviewed on 25th October 2019
Mike Tigerman Hart's avatar
Mike Tigerman Hart

Car Insurance

Abysmal treatment towards loyal customer

Dreadful company. They are cheap for a reason. Pay a little more and get a much better... Read more

Dreadful company. They are cheap for a reason. Pay a little more and get a much better service.
Away to the states on business and missed a payment. Closed down my whole policy and wanted me to pay it off in full before I took out another car insurance policy

Reviewed on 26th September 2019
Derek Robertson's avatar
Derek Robertson

Car Insurance

Abysmal. Cheap and nasty.

Came back from the states and my insurance had been cancelled due to one missed payment. No emails, no phonecall, no warning. Luckily I wasn't driving around unaware I wasn't covered for a week. Terrible communication, messed up registration plates a few times too. Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 25th September 2019
Gillettecavalcad3's avatar
Gillettecavalcad3

Problematic

They mucked up my payments after I called to change my name. When I called to complain I was told that because they were due to close in 5 minutes there was no team leader or manager available and they didn’t have a complaints process! I emailed my complaint (turns out they did have a process) and everything was sorted and I was compensated. Unlikely to use them when I renew.

Reviewed on 5th September 2019
suef27's avatar
suef27

Quick and easy

I love online. This company has everything available in an online dashboard and the renewal quote was perfect and service sealed the deal

Reviewed on 1st September 2019