Hinckley & Rugby Building Society Broker Feedback Reviews

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Broker Feedback Reviews

Review Hinckley & Rugby Building Society's Broker Feedback now

Broker Feedback

Turnaround times or at least easier contact when close to completion to check funds can be released

Reviewed on 24th September 2021

Broker Feedback

all staff we're extreemly helpful

Reviewed on 24th September 2021

Broker Feedback

Timescales are truly terrible. Underwriting process is awful (the way additional requests are dealt with is unlike anything else I've experienced). Number of working days to achieve anything is well outside of what I have experienced with competitors. Application form is the longest I've ever seen.

The staff are very pleasant and friendly and I have no issues with this. But I have vast experience of other lenders (including plenty of manual underwriters) and Hinckley and Rugby are the most painful to deal with. In the last year I have used Darlington, Beverley, Leeds, Buckinghamshire, Hanley, Principality, Furness, Newcastle, West Brom, Nottingham, Tipton, Monmouthshire, Market Harborough, Dudley, Chorley, Earl Shilton and Saffron. I also regularly use specialist lenders such as Pepper, Kensington, Foundation, Precise, Aldermore, Fleet, Keystone, Shawbrook.

I am not averse to using smaller lenders in the slightest, and I have plenty of experience of how the manual underwriting process works. I am not giving this feedback to be unkind, I am just highlighting there is huge scope for improvement. The process needs to be slimmed down somehow.

I have no idea what's happening with cases, but from an outsider looking in, it appears there are lots of steps that could be contracted somehow. The process doesn't appear to be working.

Your criteria is great, but I only use you when I absolutely have to and I have exhausted every lender option. And I know that it will be long, arduous, frustrating and ultimately I feel it damages my reputation with the client.

I hope this constructive feedback can help you improve.

Reviewed on 17th September 2021

Broker Feedback

The entire awful slow painful process

Reviewed on 13th September 2021

Broker Feedback

Better customer service. More accessible to speak to. Quicker processing.

Reviewed on 8th September 2021

Broker Feedback

Despite the lengthy process which has been exacerbated by Covid/working from home etc, we have had professional, friendly and expert service from Hinckley and Rugby. Sylwia, Kimberley and Nicole particularly have been superb in every way.

Reviewed on 8th September 2021

Broker Feedback

Communication has been dire throughout the process. You originally agreed a mortgage and issued an Agreement in Principle, but then reviewed it two weeks later and changed your mind. The time taken to issue an offer was disgraceful. Endless promises of “We’ll have it done soon” took weeks. Difficult to imagine a more frustrating and inefficient process.. To finish things off you insist on me paying interest in advance, as opposed to when it is due. Funds were advanced on 31st August and my first payment is due on 8th September. Instead of charging me 9 days interest you insist on a month’s worth. Absolutely disgraceful.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021

Broker Feedback

The service was so slow it was a joke. It took eight months from application to offer and there was nothing about the process to and every part of it needs to be done better.

Reviewed on 20th August 2021

Broker Feedback

lack of communication ! time delays , no one to answer the phone !!

Reviewed on 10th August 2021

Broker Feedback

Okay , you are not the fastest on the planet , but you get there and help people that just need someone to listen too! so thank you

Reviewed on 4th August 2021

Broker Feedback

A painfully slow process. Particularly disappointed that you agreed a mortgage and sent us an “Agreement in Principle” only for a second underwriter to then decide to change their mind and move the goalposts. Still making painfully slow progress as we enter the third month and still don’t have an offer sent out.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2021

Broker Feedback

The ability to speak to a member of the team, without having to put a request for a call-back. Turn round could be quicker. All team members have been fantastic. Extremely helpful! 10/10 Product range is very good and will not hesitate in using again

Reviewed on 29th July 2021

Broker Feedback

Good personal service with manual underwriting and ability to talk to you upfront and during the processing and underwriting stages. The ability to talk to the underwriter is very helpful with lenders so this was another positive in dealing with you.

Reviewed on 8th July 2021

Broker Feedback

For a smaller lender your SLAs are sometimes longer than similar sized lenders.

Reviewed on 7th July 2021

Broker Feedback

timescales were very long from initial acceptance of case to instructing surveys multiple requests for information already submitted,

Reviewed on 29th June 2021

Broker Feedback

The process with Hinckley and Rugby was painfully slow and had we had a viable alternative we would have raced to place the case elsewhere. Far, far, FAR too slow!

Reviewed on 28th June 2021

Broker Feedback

Dedicated administrator. Prompt responses to emails. Personal underwriting for a case that NatWest couldn't get past their computer.

Reviewed on 25th June 2021

Broker Feedback

let us come directly to you rather than via build loan

Reviewed on 24th June 2021

Broker Feedback

Slow process, too long to assess documents and poor feedback on the progress

Reviewed on 24th June 2021

Broker Feedback

recently placed a complicated case with H and R and was very impressed. The processing was very efficient and the the support and communication above the standard you would usually receive from a lender. Nicole Jessop may well be one of the best people I have ever dealt with at a lender - thank you

Reviewed on 23rd June 2021