Market Harborough Building Society Reviews

Market Harborough Building Society they like to celebrate their differences. For example, as a mutual they're owned by their members, meaning they can concentrate on looking after them rather than lining the pockets of shareholders. Smart Money People is the place for Market Harborough Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Average

Market Harborough Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Market Harborough Building Society Products 3

Mortgages

Gutless

How can someone with £625,000 deposit and an income of £50,000 pa who is looking to purchase a £795,000 property with an up and running business that makes £20-25,000 a year be considered a risk? Apparently it is according to Market Harborough B.S. Risk averse is a posh word for cowardice. Your loss, quite literally. Avoid.

Reviewed on 6th February 2018
Mick's avatar
Mick

Mortgages

Disgraceful rip off

I had a 2 yr fixed mortgage with them. When coming to the end of the deal I decided to fix for another 2 yrs with them. I went for non advised as I thought it would be quicker and easier and last time I went the full advised route with them it dragged on for about 6 months before they were happy with all the info I provided them (inefficient, useless service).
They wrote to me a very long winded confusing letter explaining everything. My deal was due to expire on 20th August so I made sure I got the signed agreement for my new deal back to them prior to this. Apparently this was not good enough and they needed it back before the end of the previous month in order for me to avoid going to SVR for a month. So my deal ended on the 20th and my new deal didnŠ—Èt start until the 1st of the following month. So for those 10 days they put me on SVR and charged me an additional Σ250 interest!!!

I complained but apparently in the long winded confusing letter they sent me they basically have their arses covered so my complaint was not upheld. They gave me the usual take it to the ombudsman rubbish.

Complete and utter rip off of a loyal customer. I was left completely skint for a month. There was absolutely no need for me to pay that interest to them.

Unfortunately IŠ—Èm now tied into the gready ******** for another 2 yrs.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Reviewed on 11th October 2017

Savings

small company who care

Lovely old fashioned company - not a big player in the market. Rates are competitive and staff friendly

Reviewed on 29th August 2015