MiPet Cover Reviews

Ratings based on 243 reviews       Last review 4 weeks ago

MiPet Cover reviews can help you to find out more about this insurance designed to protect your little friend! MiPet Cover is part of CVS which owns a number of veterinary practices. If your pet is insured by MiPet Cover please be sure to share your feedback here.

MiPet Cover Review Insight

MiPet Cover Products 243

The worst

Well what a poor company, wouldn’t even give the 1 star they say they are going to pay you, but still waiting for money months later , ring them and get told they will email back with what’s going on but they never do! no one knows what they are doing .. they can’t even send an email when they say they are going to so frustrating it’s like speaking to a brick wall !!! Nearly every day this week I’ve called but it falls on deaf ears !

edit: you obviously haven't looked into my claim properly, as then you would know I'm still waiting for money i am owed as stated in an email sent to me in august stating it would be paid in 21 days ! (still waiting over a month later).. when there's someone that knows what is going on then it would be good if you could let me know thankyou.

Reviewed on 24th September 2021
Aimee's avatar
Aimee

Reply from MiPet Cover

Hello Aimee, thank you for your review. I have looked into your claims and can see that you benefitted from the four weeks' free WalkawayCover and your first claim was settled against this free amount granted as part of this policy and paid into your account in June. I can also see your second claim was under the excess limit on a different policy, so we could not process a payment for that. If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact us via hello@mipetcover.co.uk. We hope your pet is now well again?

great insurer

Great for direct claims with cvs and its good that it covers older pets for a 12 month policy

Reviewed on 19th July 2021
Rachel Green's avatar
Rachel Green

Excellent pet insurance

Excellent customer service. excellent pet insurance would definitely recommend to over pet owners.. Very happy with the service you provided..

Reviewed on 3rd July 2021
Graham oliphant 's avatar
Graham oliphant

Reply from MiPet Cover

Thank you for your kind review, Graham :)

Dreadful

For years I used PetPlan. They were brilliant but our vet recommends MiPet so I changed. What a mistake. There is a not very polite Spanish Inquisition for every claim. The impression they create is that they seem to be looking for reasons not to pay. They don’t even bother to let you know that they haven’t plaid out on a claim or why. They just don’t pay. To cap it all they have just increased the premium by 50% without any explanation to £1200 per annum. We have to pay a £125 excess plus 10% of every claim. It’s financially more effective to put the money into a doggy savings account each year. Shoddy cover. Shoddy customer services. Won’t touch with barge pole in future. My dog deserves better.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2021
Sue Jewell's avatar
Sue Jewell

Pet Insurance

I found it Great/Easy to sign up

Just happy with all the Policy! Suite me and my Dog!

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
Ann & Peanut's avatar
Ann & Peanut

Reply from MiPet Cover

That's great to know, thank you for your kind review! We're pleased Peanut's covered with MiPet Cover and we're always here when you need us.

Pet Insurance

my puppy had something wrong with it... I thought it was insured but they still charged me 60 pounds

So I rang to say could somebody have a quick look at the dog because I thought it was ill.. I also thought it was insured for 4 weeks but evidently it wasn't..

Reviewed on 6th June 2021
Rich Broadbent's avatar
Rich Broadbent

Reply from MiPet Cover

Thank you for your feedback. Please note our four weeks' free WalkawayCover fixed excess is £100, so any claims below the excess would not be worth submitting. If, however, the condition continued in the four weeks of free cover, anything over excess could be claimed for up to the policy limit. Please note we do also offer the option to upgrade your cover during the four weeks of free WalkawayCover to a full policy, which offers up to £12,000 of vet fee cover. This means that if any unexpected illnesses or accidents occurred during your free cover and you choose to upgrade within that timeframe, you can continue to claim the extra in vet fees. Excesses are usual in insurance and generally in place when claims are made. This includes other insurance brands and products such as life, car or home insurance. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to call our customer service team on 0808 164 8000 or email hello@mipetcover.co.uk.

Peace of mind

After getting a pup at the end of 2020 I took the 4 week free cover then my puppy was very poorly and I upgraded my cover and I had no problems even though pet hospital was needed . I’m very pleased with the help and ease of the claim. I’m glad to say that my pup is fully recovered and I couldn’t have achieved this without having the cover with this company .

Reviewed on 18th May 2021
Marjorie Dowson's avatar
Marjorie Dowson

worst dog insurers Iv'e known

My dog was cut whilst I had to get fox faeces out of his hair. Washing and brushing was tried to no avail. It was causing my young puppy some distress so I tried to cut it out and nicked his skin. Three stitches later and over £350.oo fess the company would not pay because they said I was grooming the dog. You make your own decision. I am now with Waggel.

Reviewed on 19th March 2021
Mark Gibson's avatar
Mark Gibson

Pet Insurance

I am being totally ignored i only want a claims form

I have e mailed on a number of occasion since I was transferred from Argos and now i cannot get in touch with anyone, extremely frustrating, DO NOT USE

Reviewed on 16th March 2021
Steve Blundell's avatar
Steve Blundell

Reply from MiPet Cover

Hello Steve, I do apologise that you have yet to receive a claims form. The customer service team is working hard to respond to all emails as quickly as possible. You can download one from our claims web page here: https://www.mipetcover.co.uk/make-a-claim/ (scroll down to step two).

Quick response

My puppy ingested a foreign body he needed surgery and spent 5 days in ICU if I hadn't taken the MiPet insurance I don't know what I would of done they were quick and settled my claim without any delay

Reviewed on 10th February 2021
Julie and biscuit's avatar
Julie and biscuit

excellent and friendly service

i have not had reason to use the service but excellent and friendly when arranging the cover for my puppy.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
tessa wade's avatar
tessa wade

Absolutely outstanding

Never been let down by them. Always go the extra mile dor my pets care.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Stephen Rutter's avatar
Stephen Rutter

Easy to organise

Easy to organise insurance. Annual sub didnt seem to expensive. Have not used any other companies so cannot compare with others.

Katie Lamb's avatar
Katie Lamb

Great pet insurance

Application was easy and they have helped me to look after my fur baby as best as I can.

Kirsty's avatar
Kirsty

Happy customer happy pet

With this plan, I never forget my pet's booster vaccinations or worming and flea treatments, it's such good value too, with yearly health checks and savings on other things too .

Laney Skel's avatar
Laney Skel

Excellent product

Quick and simple application, clear guidance and support from the team.

Pamela's avatar
Pamela

Pet Insurance

I used this for all my pets and never had a problem with getting mmy money back for ops and other bits

Bevh's avatar
Bevh

Brilliant

We signed up at the vets and we were covered instantly. We even got the first 4 weeks for free. Great customer service who gives a quick reply to any queries.

Dorte Jespersen's avatar
Dorte Jespersen

great comprehensive cover

Easy to apply and set up. Having a month free puppy cover is a great idea. It gave us time decide which insurance company would best suit our puppy .

Julie Mallon's avatar
Julie Mallon

Amazing insurance!

My boy Loki (cat), has been through a lot in the last few months needing 2 operations and treatment for allergies. Mypet insurance have been amazing, no nonsense, no fuss attitude when it comes to dealing with his claims and I love the lifetime cover we have for him. I would recommend Mypet to anyone!

Jerri Rix 's avatar