Revolut Personal Account Reviews

Ratings based on 7,618 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Our Revolut Personal Account reviews can help you to find out what life as a Revolut customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Revolut Review Insight

Your Personal Account Reviews

7,618 reviews

Review Revolut's Personal Account now

Track spending

Handy as you can only spend what's on your card

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
elizabeth mcmillan's avatar
elizabeth mcmillan

Love Revolut App

Very easy to use this app for daily banking.

Reviewed on 11th August 2021
Shruti Reddy's avatar
Shruti Reddy

Forgotten their routes

Revolut has 100% completely forgotten their routes in wanting to make fees and banking transparent.

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
Ryan Charles Evans's avatar
Ryan Charles Evans

I trusted CEO of Revolut with 25 euro in 2015. Bad decision

Nikolay Storonsky sent me letters himself in 2015 and I trusted him with 25... Read more

Nikolay Storonsky sent me letters himself in 2015 and I trusted him with 25 euro.
Only one transaction in history - Revolut received 25 euro from my personal card in 2015.
In 2021 I asked to pay me back 25 euro to my private account.
No chance to receive the money. They are lying that the transfer is done but they do not send it back to me. I still see this 25 euro in Revolut application.

Reviewed on 1st June 2021
Alexey M's avatar
Alexey M

The Bank of the future

I love the visibility over your daily spending as well as the investment features that come with the service

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
ucesar's avatar
ucesar

beautiful but clunky

The bank is very quick and has many great features which hughstreet banks have neglected. the security features are great and the sheer amount of card tools is perfect. However, I feel like half of the home page on the app is just upselling to premium features which really takes this from a nice clean bank to one that makes you feel like you are drowning - really removes the financial institutional feel of the company to more of a sales company.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
student1708's avatar
student1708

I love to use Revolut much more than any other competition or my main bank.

It’s quite easy to use. I especially love a top up option from my debit card, which doesn’t exist for other similar products. It’s also extremely easy to start investing in crypto currency or other assets within the app.

Reviewed on 17th April 2021
Michal Komirski's avatar
Michal Komirski

Great for all things international

Revolut has a good free tier for exchanging money and international transfers, as well as giving you a full UK account!

Reviewed on 16th April 2021

Hackers used Revolut to empty my bank

On the first of April 2021 my Revoult card, app and account had not been unused in a year. There was £350 on my card. That morning with my phone in my hand and my card locked in a draw someone somewhere changed my pin. They then emptied my bank account into my Revoult account, then in one hour they pulled £6000 from various currency exchanges and cash withdrawals. My Bank spotted it and called me and I rushed to the Revolut app but they had changed my pin, no way in and no way to contact Revoult. I begged the assistant on their FB page to call someone, just to cancel my card at least but he would not.

They had hacked my email, forwarded one mail to themselves and that was all they needed, no card, no pin, no password. The string of physically impossible withdrawals my Bank saw in minutes and stopped on their end Revoult never spotted and my card remained active and my account working until a day and a half later when I convinced them to shut it all down. Despite two assistants being told in full what was happening in that time.

The attack came from inside the Revolut app. It wasn't just the pin. Even when I reset the password, did a selfy check, reinstalled the app. The app just went into loops until ultimately it was a black screen, and the only thing that the app had done since spring of 2020 was the update, the app requested the update and the update was from inside the app.

When I did regain access to the app the next day I spent hours explaining to them. They seemed reluctant to believe it had even happened. Eventually, they accepted that it was fraud and shut the app and card down to a blue screen saying they are looking into it with a chat option.

The attempted withdrawals started again about a week after the attack, I tried to tell Revolut on chat but their assistants, one after another ignored what I said and talked non sequitur gibberish. Taking sometimes half an hour, sometimes next day to give the same cut and paste answers over and over again to question I was not asking, ending with “goodbye” and “rate this chat”.

12 days after the attack. Now it's just a blue screen saying “we need some more information”. Chat says they don't need any information. I’ve no access to the money in their account until they open shop again.

15 days after the attack I received two android notifications from Revoult. The first that the top-up was attempted again. The second saying, “Your account has been deactivated. After reviewing your details, we’re sorry to say that we’re no longer able to offer you our services and we’ve made this decision to permanently close your account”
The Revolut app is still a blue screen saying “we need some more information.” But no one answers the chat anymore. I guess that's it.

In the end, the Revoult card was direct access to my bank account, they could never have gotten past my bank's security and into my account without it. Thank god I only had the one card linked to it and only £350 on the Revolult account itself. My bank stopped most of the money going out, cancelling the card before the hour was up and the next day refunded the £2700 they were too late to stop.

I put this here as a warning. I met a young Australian girl recently that said she had Revoult as her primary account, all her savings were on there. This was a nightmare, an attack that came from inside their app and almost took everything from me. Their response was silence for over two weeks then to permanently close my account taking my money and leaving no way to ever even contact them again.

Neil H's avatar
Neil H

Good for FX and Travel

Much lower fees than other providers esp. with the metal plan. Not perfect - Junior Card limits can not be modified, ATM limits do kick in at some point etc. but tech is head and shoulders above rest.

M Fischer's avatar
M Fischer

Very easy to use

The app is super easy to use and the exchange rates are very competitive. Also, very easy to transfer money to and from other users.

Valentin Fratian's avatar
Valentin Fratian

I love Revolut

The app is still evolving. My favorite.

Viola's avatar
Viola

The best bank ever

I strongly suggest anyone I know to have a Revolut account... . Basically you have almost all you need into one single account

FOste's avatar
FOste

Fintech innovation at its finest!

I’ve tried a dozen different banks and none of them compare to Revolut. Love the invest feature with exposure to stocks and crypto. Metal card and cash back is great. Fast secure and easy to use, can’t fault it at all!

Rick Roths's avatar
Rick Roths

I love revolut

Revolut is great, they have an amazing fraud detection system that has saved me twice, really cool metal debit cards and amazing customer service that sent me a free metal card after I was targeted for fraud. You can also buy and sell stocks and commodities from within their app too.

Also I love being able to reset my contactless payment limit from within the app so I can continue to use Google pay with no problems, and it reminds me to do this too. This is something I've had problems with using other banks in the past.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
James's avatar
James

The best in the industry

Comprehensive banking solutions for everyday, savings and investment.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Sergio S.'s avatar
Sergio S.

Super useful

Apart from ISAs, I can do everything with Revolut. And it's great. I trade shares for free, buy crypto, split all the bills with my partner, send and receive money from family abroad and always be on top of where my money goes. And of course once we can travel again, it's handy with forex as well. Great app. The chat support for me has worked well over the years, although sometimes it'd be nice to actually call someone.

Reviewed on 9th April 2021
Alfred's avatar
Alfred

A cool & passport-fee-free bank

Cool app with safe virtual services which makes online shopping safer and at the same time allows for passport-fee-free transactions.

Reviewed on 6th April 2021
Nick's avatar
Nick

Exactly what a bank should be.

This is more than a bank. It’s an entire financial institution. Bank of England meets Dow Jones meets and the Blockchain. It’s amazing.

Reviewed on 5th April 2021
thailandmylands@gmail.com's avatar
thailandmylands@gmail.com

So easy to set up, everything I need in one place.

So easy to set up, everything I need in one place.

Reviewed on 2nd April 2021