Revolut Personal Account Reviews

Ratings based on 7,508 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Our Revolut Personal Account reviews can help you to find out what life as a Revolut customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Revolut Review Insight

Your Personal Account Reviews

7,508 reviews

Review Revolut's Personal Account now

I trusted CEO of Revolut with 25 euro in 2015. Bad decision

Nikolay Storonsky sent me letters himself in 2015 and I trusted him with 25... Read more

Nikolay Storonsky sent me letters himself in 2015 and I trusted him with 25 euro.
Only one transaction in history - Revolut received 25 euro from my personal card in 2015.
In 2021 I asked to pay me back 25 euro to my private account.
No chance to receive the money. They are lying that the transfer is done but they do not send it back to me. I still see this 25 euro in Revolut application.

Reviewed on 1st June 2021
Alexey M's avatar
Alexey M

beautiful but clunky

The bank is very quick and has many great features which hughstreet banks have neglected. the security features are great and the sheer amount of card tools is perfect. However, I feel like half of the home page on the app is just upselling to premium features which really takes this from a nice clean bank to one that makes you feel like you are drowning - really removes the financial institutional feel of the company to more of a sales company.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
student1708's avatar
student1708

Hackers used Revolut to empty my bank

On the first of April 2021 my Revoult card, app and account had not been unused in a year. There was £350 on my card. That morning with my phone in my hand and my card locked in a draw someone somewhere changed my pin. They then emptied my bank account into my Revoult account, then in one hour they pulled £6000 from various currency exchanges and cash withdrawals. My Bank spotted it and called me and I rushed to the Revolut app but they had changed my pin, no way in and no way to contact Revoult. I begged the assistant on their FB page to call someone, just to cancel my card at least but he would not.

They had hacked my email, forwarded one mail to themselves and that was all they needed, no card, no pin, no password. The string of physically impossible withdrawals my Bank saw in minutes and stopped on their end Revoult never spotted and my card remained active and my account working until a day and a half later when I convinced them to shut it all down. Despite two assistants being told in full what was happening in that time.

The attack came from inside the Revolut app. It wasn't just the pin. Even when I reset the password, did a selfy check, reinstalled the app. The app just went into loops until ultimately it was a black screen, and the only thing that the app had done since spring of 2020 was the update, the app requested the update and the update was from inside the app.

When I did regain access to the app the next day I spent hours explaining to them. They seemed reluctant to believe it had even happened. Eventually, they accepted that it was fraud and shut the app and card down to a blue screen saying they are looking into it with a chat option.

The attempted withdrawals started again about a week after the attack, I tried to tell Revolut on chat but their assistants, one after another ignored what I said and talked non sequitur gibberish. Taking sometimes half an hour, sometimes next day to give the same cut and paste answers over and over again to question I was not asking, ending with “goodbye” and “rate this chat”.

12 days after the attack. Now it's just a blue screen saying “we need some more information”. Chat says they don't need any information. I’ve no access to the money in their account until they open shop again.

15 days after the attack I received two android notifications from Revoult. The first that the top-up was attempted again. The second saying, “Your account has been deactivated. After reviewing your details, we’re sorry to say that we’re no longer able to offer you our services and we’ve made this decision to permanently close your account”
The Revolut app is still a blue screen saying “we need some more information.” But no one answers the chat anymore. I guess that's it.

In the end, the Revoult card was direct access to my bank account, they could never have gotten past my bank's security and into my account without it. Thank god I only had the one card linked to it and only £350 on the Revolult account itself. My bank stopped most of the money going out, cancelling the card before the hour was up and the next day refunded the £2700 they were too late to stop.

I put this here as a warning. I met a young Australian girl recently that said she had Revoult as her primary account, all her savings were on there. This was a nightmare, an attack that came from inside their app and almost took everything from me. Their response was silence for over two weeks then to permanently close my account taking my money and leaving no way to ever even contact them again.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Neil H's avatar
Neil H

Good for FX and Travel

Much lower fees than other providers esp. with the metal plan. Not perfect - Junior Card limits can not be modified, ATM limits do kick in at some point etc. but tech is head and shoulders above rest.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
M Fischer's avatar
M Fischer

A cool & passport-fee-free bank

Cool app with safe virtual services which makes online shopping safer and at the same time allows for passport-fee-free transactions.

Reviewed on 6th April 2021
Nick's avatar
Nick

Exactly what a bank should be.

This is more than a bank. It’s an entire financial institution. Bank of England meets Dow Jones meets and the Blockchain. It’s amazing.

Reviewed on 5th April 2021
thailandmylands@gmail.com's avatar
thailandmylands@gmail.com

SCAM SCAM SCAM ! ! !

That mother****ers stole my £34500 and about 800euros and 0.14BTC (aprox. 7000euros) they block my account and ask me about SOURCE OF FUNDS, i offer him surce of funds 14 times ! 14 TIMES they review my documents and ask me each time for same allready upload documents, support is shit! worst of worst ever!!!
I fu**ing pay him for METAL plan £12 each month and support mother****ers replay me in about 20 working days ! F**k him ! I read on internet that motherfu**ers do same shit with hudret of clients ! They acctually STOLE OUR MONEY!
I also last year buy 1000€ BITCOIN in REVOLUT APP, and 2 month ago i ask him WHERE IS MY BITCOIN? I DONT HAVE ANY BITCOIN ? WHAT IS GOING ON ?.....ANSWER WAS: I ACCTUALY TRADE AN INDICE, NOT REAL BITCOIN, I AM NOT ALLOWD TO WITHDRAW IN REAL CRYPTO WALLET, OK OKKKK I UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT I BUY APROXIMATIV 0.14 BTC, NOW 0.14BTC IS GROW TO ABOUT 7000 euro.
The answer was: DON'T INVEST MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE........OK, OK BUT I NOT LOSE, I BUT FROM 1000 EURO AND NOW IS 7000 EURO, NEXT MINUTES A RED FLAG MESSAGE IN COMMING TO MY REVOLUT APPLICATION TO ASK ME SURCE OF FUNDS , 14 TIMES I UPLOAD DOCUMENTS AND EVEN PICTURES OF MY CHILD CAR ACCIDENT
MY 7 YEAR SON WAS INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT ! AND REVOLUT MOTHERFU**ERS STOLE MY HANDICAP CHILD MONEY ! I just hope to burn in hell that motherfu**ers !
Dear Fuc**ing REVOLUT, buy candles with money stolen from my handicap child and light them in the grave in your way to hell !
R.I.P motherf***er !

Reviewed on 31st March 2021
Traian's avatar
Traian

Great app and good customer service.

Very easy to use, a lot of features, great design and UX. Good customer care. It would be nice to have easier investment options for beginners.

Reviewed on 18th March 2021
Larissa B. Lagudin's avatar
Larissa B. Lagudin

Innovative offering allowing easy investing in crypto

Great account for managing foreign currency exchanges and transfers plus easy access to invest in crypto currencies.

Reviewed on 8th February 2021
Pilot60's avatar
Pilot60

Worse company

Stay away from this people they are real bad,blocked my account and left me with no money and no contacr! Only chat through app and don't reply to messeges ! Got few fraud attempts also as not well protected

Reviewed on 26th January 2021
Adam's avatar
Adam

Great app for international transfers

Amazing app with great futures. You can have accounts in different currencies. Easy to transfer money to your friends.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Kamil's avatar
Kamil

Everything in one app

Revolut started off giving me super cheap FX rates for travelling and sending to family. Now it gives me insight to spending, allows me to invest in stocks, crypto, metals and manage bill payments with family and friends. Also love the new subscription reminder piece...helping me keep track of expenses.

Reviewed on 19th January 2021
Craig's avatar
Craig

Atrocious from start to finish

Absolutely atrocious customer service. Actually I am not even sure we can even say that there is an customer service. Accounts get locked for no reason. Nobody answers for days and I am a premium... Read more

Absolutely atrocious customer service. Actually I am not even sure we can even say that there is an customer service. Accounts get locked for no reason. Nobody answers for days and I am a premium customer!
There is no number to call, all you can do is chat in the app with absurdly incompetent individuals (are they even human?).
I have absolutely never been treated so poorly by any other company in my life and that means a lot given that I have flown on the likes of Ryanair...
I cannot wait to delete my account but I can’t for now since I am unable to withdraw my funds for a locked account!

Reviewed on 2nd November 2020
Revolut Sucks's avatar
Revolut Sucks

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

AVOID AT ALL... Read more

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!
The app itself is really well designed, the customer service on the other hand... is rubbish or non-existent.They froze my account and asked me for documents to prove that is my salary.I send them a payslip they reply they want the last 3 months payslips.I send them the payslips they reply they want my bank statements for the last 3 months.How stupid and incompetent you need to be to ask me to provide bank statements from the same bank you work for?
Asked them if they have acces to my bank statements.
They replied "yes, of course".
Now they want my employment contract.
And keep playing this stupid game.
THEY STOLE £4268 FROM ME.
They keep telling me to use the in-app "live" chat but is just one chat active with the same "live" agent replying after 2 days.
You can't talk to someone else and you're stuck with the same incompetent named "Jordan".
There are a lot of people in the same situation that have nobody to complain to other than the "live" incompetent in the chat.
THERE IS NO PHONELINE.
I guess the rubbish or non-existent customer service is the price you have to pay for not using a reputable bank.
In my situation there are a lot of other people and this keeps repeating.
They always have the same automated dumb message wich is an apology for being incompetent but they are not willing to solve the problem either.

Reviewed on 13th May 2020
Adrian's avatar
Adrian

Avoid. Save your nerves and money for other things

Revolut is a scam. They lure people in with their low exchange rates. If you need it for small amount currency exchange or to withdraw in a foreign country, it will do the trick. To use it as a bank or to make international transactions would be a disaster. Among others they have a very bad customer service and management, which is unpleasant and discriminating.
They requested lots of information for an international transaction. After it was provided they told they do not cooperate with the transferring bank. The reason is ridiculous. Especially because they knew the name of the bank from the beginning.
Also I have advised them to my friends. Which I know regret of having done. As you have to ask them for that bonus hanging on the stupid chat for days and those friends come back complaining about Revolut.
Therefore I decided to warn the rest. Do not use them for anything else than withdrawal or payment in foreign countries or avid altogether. There are better alternatives.

Reviewed on 11th May 2020
RI's avatar
RI

Full of features the normal banking system cant come close to beating.

Excellent bank, no comparison....From money box saving of spare change even into crypto to the best exchange rates available with one card multi currency wallet there is no easier way to manage your fiat.

Reviewed on 8th April 2020
Jc's avatar
Jc

Great for International Payments

Love Revolut, i use this as my secondary bank to send over payments to my daughter abroad, it's just so simple and quick to do just how it should be!

Reviewed on 4th April 2020
Lee's avatar
Lee

Avoid like a plague

Avoid like a plague, everything is hunky dory but if things go wrong expect terrible service, I referred a friend to revolut to get £17 referral bonus, I was told that I had the refer the friend by the 2nd of March, I sent the link and 1 friend decided to do it, they met all the criteria, waited for the card and used it which was the last criteria to be met, after a couple of days, neither of us had the bonus, I chatted to Revolut, they told me I missed the deadline, I was like no, my friend opened the account within the March 2nd deadline, no say revolut, they had to use the card as well as everything else before the 2nd March, my friend didn't receive the card until the 7th march, so the offer was basically impossible to achieve! Revolut did not seem to understand this fact and the guy I spoke to on the chat kept blaming it on me! Eventually after escalating they paid me the £17 as a Gesture of goodwill, I paid £12.99/month for the metal which apparently gives you priority support as well as other things, I dread to think how they treat free customers, but after paying this amount for well over a year to be treated so poorly is worse than experience I've had from what these NU Banks call the 'dinosaur' banks! I've now closed the account and you should be careful before opting for these charlatans as your digital bank of choice, I've just moved to Curve, so far much better!

Reviewed on 18th March 2020
Daniel Gilligan's avatar
Daniel Gilligan

WARNING - DO NOT USE REVOLUT

WARNING. This app appear to be a scam.... Read more

WARNING. This app appear to be a scam.

I have deposited above 10k on my Revolut account, but I'm no longer able to access the app. It appears Revolut has blocked the account and when I try to get in contact with the company they're not replying.

DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION

Reviewed on 12th March 2020
Linus123's avatar
Linus123

First Choice For Holiday Money Card

Revolut is perfect for loading and taking on holiday with you. Gives you honest exchange rates. Their app makes it super easy to transfer between accounts and view your balances. Love this app and card.

Reviewed on 11th March 2020