RoosterMoney Reviews

Ratings based on 1,366 reviews       Last review 4 months ago

RoosterMoney (formerly known as Rooster Bank) reviews can help you find out a little more about life as a RoosterMoney customer. RoosterMoney provide a piggy bank for pocket money that helps with children's savings by teaching kids to budget and save and manage their money responsibly. If you (or your children!) have experience of using RoosterMoney, you too can add your RoosterMoney review to Smart Money People. Help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

RoosterMoney Review Insight

RoosterMoney Products 1,366

Unbelievably helpful

Quick and polite exchanges of messages. Talked me through some bits me as mummy did not quite... Read more

Quick and polite exchanges of messages. Talked me through some bits me as mummy did not quite get!
Went out on test run today. Super easy. Child now a little bit more independent without the worry of lost cash or spending where child shouldn't.. super easy back office control dashboard.
Great for getting youngsters getting used to budgeting and having responsibility. THANK YOU Rooster for holding my hand through this transition and for giving my teenager a little wiggle room out in the wide world. Have recommended to everyone I know with teenagers.

Reviewed on 5th June 2021
Fi Pearcey 's avatar
Fi Pearcey

Pocket Money App

Great first bank account and debit card for kids

RoosterMoney is a great way for kids to learn the value of money and how to save towards spending goals. It is a very neat solution to keep tabs on pocket money and birthday/Christmas cash gifts. The debit card feature is also very good and genuinely gives the child a feeling of responsibility over their own money. I thoroughly recommend this to parents who wish to give their kids some financial freedom in a very well controlled way.

Reviewed on 15th May 2021
cgw52's avatar
cgw52

Teaching Money Sense!

With Rooster Money it has enabled us to reward our daughter for completing chores but with that money she can set up a saving goal, transfer the cash herself on the app, see it grow, spend when she wants to and has the money there. It's all digital so no lost wallets or cash. It's brilliant. I still have control and can see what she is spending and where. At 12 this is perfect!

Reviewed on 13th May 2021
Victoria Bates's avatar
Victoria Bates

Fabulously app

Super app to help your children learn discipline of saving and spending. Takes all the pain out of I want that...as you can immediately refer them to their rooster account and see whether they can afford it...

Reviewed on 8th May 2021
Mcj's avatar
Mcj

Pocket Money App

Amazing app. Great for kids to understand money!

I downloaded this thinking it would be a hard to control app but it’s super easy to use and definitely worth a try.

Reviewed on 4th May 2021
Ben's avatar
Ben

Pocket Money App

A great tool to teach financial sense

My little girl would be very keen to spend money as soon as she got it. When it came to Christmas and birthdays, money was burning a hole in her pocket. I began to give pocket money weekly but she struggled with the idea of saving up, preferring to spend on small things each week. We moved to Rooster money after a recommendation and it changed the way she views money. She loves to see it mount up and she thinks carefully about purchases. We award pocket money for good behaviour and a tidy room; in weeks that she hasn’t earned her pocket money, it has had a real impact. I have recommended this to friends and they have had a really positive response from their children too.

Reviewed on 28th April 2021
Madeleine 's avatar
Madeleine

On the go piggy bank

This app has been amazing for both of my daughters. Not only can I top up their pocket money but other family members can also make deposits. We love everything from the chore checklist to the savings pot. Seeing it written down in an app makes them realise how much they spend and encourages them to save more. My daughters have saved up to buy all sorts from laptops to hollywood mirrors or just the general sleepover necessities with their friends. The rooster pocket money app has been a life changer!

Reviewed on 27th April 2021
Chelsea92's avatar
Chelsea92

Very pleased

This so simple to use and helpful for teaching children to save money and allow them to go to the shop for a bit of independence.

Reviewed on 27th April 2021
Karen Suffolk 's avatar
Karen Suffolk

Fantastic for all ages

We have two accounts set up, one a standard virtual pocket money app and another for our eldest where he has his own card with all the adult features but more secure

Reviewed on 26th April 2021
GuestAndy's avatar
GuestAndy

Easy to use -

We got a card for my 11year old. We particularly love the split allowance function to make saving a portion of his allowance towards a goal so easy. I do think this will help us teach our son the value of money.

Reviewed on 25th April 2021
Claire Montgomery's avatar
Claire Montgomery

Brilliant account

I love this account for my daughter, she is 12 and uses this for school dinners and pocket money. The notifications are great as I use it as a tracker too, so I get notified what shop she is in and how much she has spent which is great to know. Its a very informative tool, with hints and tips galore to ensure for a smooth running of the account.

Reviewed on 22nd April 2021
KJ's avatar
KJ

Pocket Money App

Enabling great life skills at an early age

The app is great from a user experience point of view. It’s straight forward and engaging thus keeping our children interacting. ... Read more

It’s flexible enough to create a tailored mix of chores. We use Rooster Money for things like win a chess game against your dad. Learn a new song on piano. Earn some game play points. Create a YouTube tutorial.

Rooster Money helps us encode some family values in a fun way.

You have to work to receive. The smarter you work, the more you earn. The magic of compound interest. Delayed gratification. The list goes on.

This app has made it possible for our children to learn about value. They save more than spend.

If I had tools like this when I was their age. 8 and 4. I often wonder where my financial life would be today.

Really awesome movement!!!!

Well done team Rooster Money.

Daddy cool's avatar
Daddy cool

Very good

Helps you to control howuch your child spends and the child can see how they've earned their money.

Amanda's avatar
Amanda

Pocket Money App

Gives the children more control of their pocket money

It has been a good way to give pocket money for chores and let them have their own card to ise in shops. Rooster will also update the app and make changes based on customer feedback which has been fantastic.

Emma daly's avatar
Emma daly

Better than competitors

I like Rooster money more than it's competitor as it's cheaper monthly/yearly and when you add a sibling. I also like the features and how the app is set out.

Linda Joubert's avatar
Linda Joubert

Best bank for children

Best bank for children, my 6 year old loves having his own card and has been encouraged to save his pocket money.

Mahesh's avatar
Mahesh

Excellent app

Very good pocket money app. Easy to use and the chores feature means your child can earn extra. It’s a good way to introduce budgeting and saving for goals. Great customer service too

KB25's avatar
KB25

Pocket Money App

The kids actually get pocket money!

We used to always forget the weekly allowance and now with it automatically virtually loading there is no need to remember. Only downside is, you look a month later and realise how much virtual money the kids have. The kids know about this and are happy to spend the money on their toys.
It’s also a great way for the kids to see how they can save in a matter of weeks.
The only downside is is that it is virtual and the 6yr old thinks you actually don’t need money and it’s just numbers or a piece of plastic that will buy something. But I suppose that’s for us to teach or withdraw £20 virtual cash and actually give him real money.
All in all way better than remembering the £1 weekly and actually having the cash!
We are also have only experienced the basic Rooster money.

Louise's avatar
Louise

Pocket Money App

Fabulous app for all the family

We have 4 children between 4 and 11 years old. Roostermoney gives us the ability to track them all in one place with either 'tokens' or money. The kids can save ti their goal and are getting a better understanding of money at this young age.

Ruth Williams 's avatar
Ruth Williams

GREAT WAY TO TEACH ABOUT MONEY

great to be able to teach my Granddaughter about the value of money and how to save for the future

Reviewed on 17th April 2021