Skipton Building Society Lifetime ISA Reviews

Looking to read or write reviews of the Skipton Building Society lifetime ISA? Our community members leave their feedback about this recently launched ISA product so that you can make better informed decisions when choosing your own provider. Already taken out the Skipton lifetime ISA? Please post a quick review and tell others what you think of it!

Skipton Building Society Review Insight

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Lifetime ISA Reviews

Review Skipton Building Society's Lifetime ISA now

Lifetime ISA makes saving easy

Hoping to buy our first home, but struggling to put away much money to get the deposit. I heard about Skipton from a friend and now my partner and I both have a LISA and find it easier to put money away knowing the gov top up anything we save. It also sto Read more

Hoping to buy our first home, but struggling to put away much money to get the deposit. I heard about Skipton from a friend and now my partner and I both have a LISA and find it easier to put money away knowing the gov top up anything we save. It also stops us from spending it. The accounts were easy to set up and information clear to understand, on the few instances I’ve spoken to staff they have been knowledgeable and friendly. The app is also nice and easy to use.

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
EdieS's avatar
EdieS

Invaluable when not much choice out there

When searching for a way to save for a house 3 years ago, Skipton were one of the few offering lifetime ISAs. They have allowed me to save consistently and securely.

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Medi's avatar
Medi

The Lifetime ISA is the Gift that Keeps on Giving

I have been a Skipton Building Society customer for over 3 years now, and it is without a doubt one of the best decisions I have made in my adult life. The first product I used was the Lifetime ISA. Without this account I would not be the position I am in Read more

I have been a Skipton Building Society customer for over 3 years now, and it is without a doubt one of the best decisions I have made in my adult life. The first product I used was the Lifetime ISA. Without this account I would not be the position I am in right now where I can put in offers on properties to buy. The 25% interest applied to any savings is frankly incredible! The fact that savings in a Lifetime ISA can only be withdrawn (without penalty) for a first-time buyer mortgage or retirement has been fantastic as it has allowed me to commitment to saving for my future. Admittedly, without the penalty I may very well have wasted a significant proportion of my savings instead of securing it for my future. I will be forever grateful for this product from Skipton Building Society and I know that it has given me the 'leg up' that I needed towards being able to buy my first home!

Reviewed on 9th July 2020
Josh's avatar
Josh

Interest rates dropped through the floor

After being with Skipton for 3 years and the BoE rate drop the rates applied to the isa have dropped steeply.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020

Quit renting

Great way to focus on getting money into an account and it costs more to withdraw, provides a focus if saving for something like a first home

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Stocky14's avatar
Stocky14

Lisa

A really great experience with Skipton. Fantastic from start to finish and helped me on the journey to owning my own house

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Beth hoyle's avatar
Beth hoyle

Local

A few local branches, however interest rates have been decreasing

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Mike's avatar
Mike

One of the few products on the market

Competitive rate with the other 2 products on the market for Cash LISAS

Reviewed on 15th April 2019

Lifetime Isa for first home

One of the few banks to offer a lifetime isa and make it easy to understand through their website. The ISA can be managed online and email notifications let you know when the bonus is being applied. Very good and informative bank making it easy for young Read more

One of the few banks to offer a lifetime isa and make it easy to understand through their website. The ISA can be managed online and email notifications let you know when the bonus is being applied. Very good and informative bank making it easy for young professionals to hop onto the property ladder.

Reviewed on 12th January 2019
Joe's avatar
Joe

Great product

Great service, easy to use and have recommended to various friends

Reviewed on 9th January 2019
Joe's avatar
Joe

They're one of the few that offer a Cash LISA

It's been a smooth process and due to the method of transferring the HTB to LISA i got 25% for the entire HTB balanced (which ended on the last tax year). Couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 9th November 2018

Simple and Efficient

Skilton Life ISA was simple to set up, easy to deposit money each month and the HMRC bonus is instant for helloing first time buyers. The house value is limited to £250k for the U.K. on a help to buy but the Life ISA is £450k

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
Sophie's avatar
Sophie

Lifetime ISA

Unique opportunity for first time buyers to get onto the property ladder and give themselves security in retirement.

Reviewed on 14th January 2018
Tim Jocys's avatar
Tim Jocys

The only company to offer an online cash lifetime ISA.

Reliable, unique opportunity to invest in a cash lifetime ISA to give people the opportunity to get on the property ladder or secure retirement.

Reviewed on 14th January 2018
Tim Jocys's avatar
Tim Jocys

Helping us where the big banks let us down

Skiptons did an amazing job launching the lifetime isa. At a time where house prices are higher than ever it has never been harder to be a first time buyer! Skiptons are giving us a method to cut through the pain and get into our first home quicker!

Reviewed on 8th January 2018
David Nixon's avatar
David Nixon

Great Savings Product

I have encouraged both of my children-aged 18 and 20- to open a LISA with Skipton this year. It is great to know that they will both be saving for a house deposit in the future and getting a great bonus. The easy online application helped a great deal.

Reviewed on 1st January 2018
paula meadows's avatar
paula meadows

Only Cash LISA on the market

its been smooth for the most part hoping to transfer in my H2B ISA soon.

Reviewed on 7th November 2017