Swinton Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 123 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

Swinton Insurance reviews can help you to find out more about this insurance provider with over 50 years of experience. Swinton offer a wide range of insurance products; from car to home, bike to van, commercial to taxi insurance, plus services like breakdown cover. Smart Money People is the place for Swinton Insurance reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Good

Swinton Insurance Review Insight

Communication

Car Insurance

They don't cover my area

They don't cover my area as if I live in a foreign country! Talk about integration and no child left in poverty well if people are given insurance quotes based on where they are born or live surely you are partly to blame for poverty and inequality in... Read more

They don't cover my area as if I live in a foreign country! Talk about integration and no child left in poverty well if people are given insurance quotes based on where they are born or live surely you are partly to blame for poverty and inequality in my area.
If you think my area is not worthy of insurance then get bulldozers and bring down to ground!

Reviewed on 27th September 2021
Ana's avatar
Ana

Good value

Have used them a few times for my bike insurance, Always amongst the cheapest

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Captain pugwash's avatar
Captain pugwash

Really bad service

All sorts of problems. If you say you get paid on 7th so can't pay on 6th, they say its fine we have adjusted this.... Read more

And then they continue to take it on the 6th. Which it bounced on my credit file. This kept happening and I have had to cancel, really bad company. I had 4 bad issues in 3 months, always begging for my money.
One time it old them I get paid 300 I can pay 173 and they took nearly 250 I was literally in shock and all they did was say sorry. Please don't use this company. Plenty mire with good reviews.

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
Ryan holt's avatar
Ryan holt

Theives and scammers

Cancelled my policy 9 months in and because I brought online they charged me an extra £40 for cancellation charges. Which was half my original policy. Refused to continue the policy because I had sold my bike. And no waving of cancellation fee because I took the policy out online. Will never use swinton again.

Reviewed on 29th May 2021
daztats@gmail.com's avatar
daztats@gmail.com

Theives

Reviewed on 29th May 2021
daztats@gmail.com's avatar
daztats@gmail.com

£39 pounds to amend policy for installing a towbar

Got quoted £39 for adding a towbar to my car in my car insurance policy; not only that I tried several dates using their online procedure for amending the policy and always got quoted £39; even once I forgot to put the modification and still got quoted £39 to amend policy. Looks like a flat rate to modify policy. When contacted the customer service they didn't care much and told me they are just brokers and is nothing to do with them.

Reviewed on 25th May 2021
Marquitos 's avatar
Marquitos

Business Insurance

Knowledgeable broker that acts for your needs

I was looking for PL insurance for my Ltd company and Swinton have an online quote system which you can use then call them up quoting the reference and tailor you requirements to meets your needs. I got a very competitive quote for a bit of work in the trades and now i feel much more at ease having taken up the policy. Aviva were also good on price but they didnt offer the same extent of information in their auto-quote system for me to be able to understand how to make it work for me. Good to have more than one business insurance provider out there to use, especially when working in specialist environments like hospitals.

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Nick Binks's avatar
Nick Binks

Appalling!

I have never dealt with a company like this in my life! One word.... Appalling! After my Mother's partner passing in July she has had nothing but threatening letters asking for the outstanding balance as his insurance hasn't expired!! What? He has passed away!!!! After emailing them the relevent documentation proving he had passed away and been cremated we were told the account was now closed.... However.... She is STILL continuing to get threatening letters. The most recent arriving today October 28th. Absolute joke. If she hasn't been through enough. After calling again this evening and telling them what an embarrassment they were the call was answered by a cocky individual by the name of Luke! He didn't even apologise once for the inconvenience, let alone her loss. He wouldn't even give me the name or an email address of a manager and wanted to do nothing more than antagonise me even further. What delights you have representing your company! Bravo! I have requested an email from a senior manager tomorrow (for the third time), informing that the account has now been dealt with and closed. I'm not holding my breath. Please give these guys a wide berth. God forbid a love one passes whilst in contract with them. Charlatans!

Reviewed on 28th October 2020
Tara's avatar
Tara

Excellent Service

Excellent service and the website is easy to navigate around. I decided to renew my policy with Swinton as I was pleased with their overall performance and customer service. Thank you

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Glyn Williams's avatar
Glyn Williams

RIP off nobs

Rip off there wanting 600 pounds off me I only been with them 14 days Keep away from them Do Not Go With them

Reviewed on 28th May 2020
Amanda Noble's avatar
Amanda Noble

Scammers!

Just a bunch of scammers. The experience was cost me 635 pounds. Stay away from the Muppets.

Reviewed on 3rd May 2020
C I's avatar
C I

Home Insurance

Traumatised by my experience with Swinton.

I feel so terribly sorry for anyone who has taken insurance out with this unprofessional and morally questionable company. If you are vulnerable and have suffered them, you have my deepest sympathy.... Read more

I have endured the most traumatic year of my life without any support from Swinton - despite having three different home insurance policies sold to me by them.
After an unscrupulous landlord in the flat above me allowed a leak into my hone to continue for up to a year, without any attempted remedy, I have lived with leaks into my home every few days, two fire brigade visits and a ceiling that collapsed above me - and Swinton informed me yesterday that definitively I was not covered for this; the case is clear cut - property owner negligence - and my documents clearly state that I am covered for a leak from another property. In communication with Swinton, I have developed deep seated anxiety and mental frailty. I have been patronised on more than one occasion by home legal (their legal branch) and despite sending a wealth of evidence to them unequivocally proving landlord negligence, home legal refused my case. In communication with Swinton they had stated that there was a possibility of moving forward with a case initially, yet Swinton still informed me that I had no case. In addition they have refused to log my latest complaint.
Last year Swinton changed my home insurance to a company that uses a credit firm to set up customer direct debits. I was looking into a mortgage at the time and deliberately avoided purchasing anything on HP to ensure that I was not having other credit checks done, to ensure I sustained my healthy credit rating. Yet unbeknown to me Swinton facilitated the move to a company that carries out credit checks.
Getting through to anyone on the phone is challenging - and that is before coved 19.
Most times I have had to communicate with Swinton in the past year I have ended up in tears, distressed by the situation. I have been sold three null and void insurance policies by this company - none of which are covering me for my leak and I cook and eat beneath an exposed sewage pipe in my kitchen with half a ceiling - with no recourse to support.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Meridian Streep's avatar
Meridian Streep

Appalling service

Swinton insurance turned out to be a nightmare even before the insurance kicked in. Due an error, of which we had no part whatsoever, Swinton made upsetting and urgent demands the night before Christmas, threatened repeatedly to cancel our insurance, and made changes to our no claims history to a period before we became their clients. Throughout our interactions with the company, customer service has proven to be unreasonable and unfriendly. Overall, becoming Swinton's clients has proven to be a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

Reviewed on 27th February 2020
Harry Tuttles's avatar
Harry Tuttles

Terrible Company To Deal With When Car Is Stolen

Terrible Company! I will never use Swinton Car Insurance Company again. I had a BMW stolen in June. They didn't really do anything other than chase money from me. The underwriter were great and done everything they needed to. Swinton on the other hand decide to chase me for £285 when I only had £160 left to pay on the policy. I've paid the full amount to get rid of these pests but will never use them again. I would seriously consider not using them as if you have a car stolen you won't get any support or courtesy car and all they will do is hound you for your money.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020
Steve Bird's avatar
Steve Bird

Fuss Free Renewal

Comparable prices and no huge hike at renewal. The whole process was so simple with polite customer service staff

Reviewed on 15th September 2019
TomG's avatar
TomG

Excellent company

I've been with Swinton insurance for a few years now, they are always very helpful with any queries I have.

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
steph lovatt's avatar
steph lovatt

Faithful and loyal

Always a happy voice at the end of the line and a very helpful one too.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
Gem Hordan's avatar
Gem Hordan

Unfairly refused claim

Swinton Insurance refused a claim for damage to roof, even though an independent builder backed up the claim. I believe the refusal to accept the claim was unfair, poor customer service of course, and I would not want to use that company again.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
Andy Keen's avatar
Andy Keen

Ok, nothing special

Competitive price but average service.

Reviewed on 11th September 2019
Paul Harrison's avatar
Paul Harrison

Excellent fast and trustworthy

Only had to claim once but there was hassle. Called and they asked the details asked if we wanted anyone sent or we could get someone to do a report. Sorted and paid in two weeks

Reviewed on 9th September 2019