Tandem Reviews

Visit Tandem

Tandem Bank is a new mobile-only bank announced in September 2015. Now with a banking licence, Tandem Bank looks set to hit your smart phone pretty soon! Smart Money People is the place for Tandem Bank reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Tandem Review Insight

Savings accounts

Market leading interest rate

Simple app and great interest rate.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
David 's avatar
David

Credit Card

O recomand cu incredere, este cea mai tare.

Reviewed on 22nd March 2021
Oprea Liliana's avatar
Oprea Liliana

App

Improving with time, some good rates

Good starting interest rates, but app was unpredictable. Since update things have improved and products getting better

Reviewed on 15th March 2021
Liam911's avatar
Liam911

Savings accounts

Really good app

Tandem is my main savings account. It's so easy to use/well designed and has such a good interest rate.

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
Jordan's avatar
Jordan

Simple and informative app

Pertinent information available at a glance.

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
David 's avatar
David

Great cashback card

Throughout 2020 was invaluable to me.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Ciaran Brooks's avatar
Ciaran Brooks

Saving made easy

Tandem takes the hassle out of saving with their round-up feature, which rounds up to the nearest pound any money you spend using linked accounts and credit cards. It then subtracts that amount from your bank account each week and keeps it safe, allowing you to save small amounts for a rainy day.

Reviewed on 7th July 2020
willjamesc's avatar
willjamesc

Genuinely helpful company.

I've been with tandem for two years I think now and they're my main of 3 credit... Read more

I've been with tandem for two years I think now and they're my main of 3 credit cards.
The app is easy to use with a response by an operator usually within minutes during opening hours. Easy to pay the balance with direct bank transfers, something none of my other cards use, which means the balance is paid instantly, no waiting for 1-2 working days.
They've helped me throughout a time where I was involved in an accident and couldn't afford to pay my bills whilst on statutory sick pay, didn't penalise or constantly call or write asking why I couldn't pay, took a quick message on the app to update them and they couldn't of helped more.
To recently when I made a transaction which turns out to be a fraudulent one, they explained the whole process when I realised and reclaimed my money for me.
One thing I've learnt from them is of youre after a company that actually cares about its customers, isn't pushy with sales, and has staff that listen and don't just write automated responses then pick tandem. For me it's a no brainer.

Reviewed on 28th June 2020
Shane hall's avatar
Shane hall

App

People use it as a dating app

I've had lots of guys pretend to be interested in learning the language but after a while it turns out that they are interested in me, not the language.

Reviewed on 12th June 2020
Michael Webb's avatar
Michael Webb

Surprising savings

I recently installed Tandem. A very easy app to navigate. When I switched on the round ups function, managing my autosavings: linked to my debit card - I was pleasantly surprised with my first two purchases in my local supermarket, both with high percentage of savings. Which were swiftly added to my bank account. Very impressed.

Surprising savings

Great funds on purchases

Rubbish service

Had my card declined and then received Text saying that until I agreed 6 fee my card would not work. Shameful treatment of customers. Check out their FB page for further comments by their customer base

Reviewed on 10th March 2020
Karen Boutros's avatar
Karen Boutros

Good savings opportunity

Good interest rates available, your money is safe and secure with tandem whilst also earning better than average interest rates in exchange for agreeing to a fixed term for savings yo be held by them. Tandem keep you informed along the way and pay out interest upon maturity of fixed term.

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Fiona sutherland's avatar
Fiona sutherland

Zero care for customers

Introducing monthly fee with high pressure sales tactics ("you have until x date, if not your account is closed and you can't apply again"). Product used to be good, now is surpassed by other FREE alternatives

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
James's avatar
James

Credit Card

Heading to the end of the road

Sadly Tandem is heading for the banking exit, charging for use of the credit card simply won’t work and is not value for money.

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Philip Walsh's avatar
Philip Walsh

Credit Card

Crazy treatment of existing customers

Look after your customers and they look after you. Introduce a monthly f***you fee and watch loyal customers leave and spread the word.

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Graeme Bruce's avatar
Graeme Bruce

Credit Card

Was a great card - no brainer

Superb to use for all spending with 0.5% cashback. Unfortunately now £5.99 per month to get that benefit.

Reviewed on 4th February 2020
Peter's avatar
Peter

Easy savings

Easy way to save without thinking about it. You know that jar of silver and copper in the corner that you’re forever filling, but have no idea how much is actually there? Tandem basically rounds up any card purchase to the nearest pound and puts it i... Read more

Easy way to save without thinking about it. You know that jar of silver and copper in the corner that you’re forever filling, but have no idea how much is actually there? Tandem basically rounds up any card purchase to the nearest pound and puts it into savings.

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Brian's avatar
Brian

Jokers

Had the card two months, now expect me to pay for the privilege.

Reviewed on 19th January 2020