Clydesdale Bank Business Banking Reviews

Clydesdale Bank business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at Clydesdale Bank is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of Clydesdale Bank business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Clydesdale Bank Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review Clydesdale Bank's Business Banking now

Just disgusting - No other way to put it, really.

Laughable really. I am supposedly a "private account customer" and I pay for that (not for much longer). I wrote the following to Clydesdale bank, and have been contacted today by some clown from "Virgin Money" who says that my complaint will be responded to in the next 4 to 8 weeks. Just read what I wrote, and reflect on their response! Says it all, doesn't it?

I am a private account customer acting as executor to my late father and I will need an account for September / October onwards for this purpose. I am happy to pay a reasonable fee for this safety and security.

Your "bereavement line" first of all tells me that you can't be bothered to answer because of Coronavirus, and then tries to throw me back to your website. (Which contains nothing to help me).

This is exactly the sort of clueless and infuriating lack of customer service that I have expected since you tied yourself up with the truly dreadful "Virgin" brand, and I can only say how thoroughly depressing it is to see it all starting to happen, exactly as feared. I suggest the following course of action:

1) Get rid of the Coronavirus message on your bereavement line - everyone is maddened by these excuses now and they have become the hallmark of abysmal service and a profound lack of care for customers everywhere.

2) Get that line answered promptly by a human being who sounds as though they care, not a machine - it is a bereavement line, remember?

3) Stop showing so obviously, that you are trying, with every fibre of your being, to try to prevent your customers from actually talking to anyone.

4) Show this all to someone who can make it all happen now, or these comments are going to appear all on feedback pages all over the internet.

5). Kindly have someone email me or call me to deal with my requirement.

6) Dump the Virgin brand, cut your losses, learn from the experience. It is not a good look, and pretty unpopular, having utterly wrecked our gyms, trains, flights, and now, it seems, our banks!

Yours most sincerely.

Reviewed on 18th August 2021
Albireo Double's avatar
Albireo Double

FOR YOUR SANITY - AVOID!

After 2 years of banking with them for my LTD company I gave up. The log in and platforms are overly fussy and confusing, so many steps, so many passwords and so MUCH FAFF! You can't export your statements into excel, they don't integrate with any accountancy software. ITS DIFFICULT. I've just opened a new account with Starling bank as I was so lightheaded with rage having to deal with clydesdale recently. Just don't do it.

Reviewed on 6th March 2020
Laura's avatar
Laura

Telephoning customer services utter waste of time

After 14 minutes and three attempts to seek advice over the phone I was promised a return call if I got cut off yet again. I’m till awaiting a c... Read more

After 14 minutes and three attempts to seek advice over the phone I was promised a return call if I got cut off yet again. I’m till awaiting a call.
I now have to wake up a 3 yr old and travel with him to my local branch to ask a simple but very important question and may lose a potential purchase in the meantime . This happens too regular and is not good enough.

Reviewed on 30th May 2019
Tony Washington's avatar
Tony Washington

No problrms

My business bank account is with Clydesdale bank. I have had no issues with them in the 2years I have been using them for my business banking. Overall good service, no complaints.

Reviewed on 13th January 2019
Fiona Gillis's avatar
Fiona Gillis

Very helpful

We use them for banking for our local charity. They are always helpful over the phone and even have a branch we can visit.

Reviewed on 6th November 2018
Phil Slade's avatar
Phil Slade

First Class Service

Wanted to set up a business account and transfer my current account for my existing provider. They had appointments on a Saturday where other banks didn’t, and the appointment was friend and efficient. Business Account set up immediately, personal account transfer went without a hitch and the after-care service ever since has been excellent. Wish I had switched to them years ago.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2018
Avril McPherson's avatar
Avril McPherson

Excellent Customer Service from friendly staff

Just opened a business account today at the George Street branch in Edinburgh. The only bank so far that could offer me a face to face meeting for opening a business account on a Saturday. They were fiiendly, welcoming and efficient. Also transfered my current account to them. I am optimistic I will get a great service and am looking forward to banking with them.

Reviewed on 14th April 2018