HomeProtect Reviews

Ratings based on 9 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

HomeProtect reviews can help you to become Smart Money People by finding out what other HomeProtect policy holders have to say. HomeProtect are a specialist home insurance provider and offer insurance to cover a range of circumstances. Oh, and if you have first hand experience with HomeProtect, you can write your review on Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review platform today.

Good

HomeProtect Products 9

Non-existent customer service

Like other reviewers I have found HomeProtect's customer service, IT support and banking to be appalling. I took my policy out in April 2022 and every single month HomeProtect fail to take the payment. My bank says the direct debit is set up, HomeProtect Read more

Like other reviewers I have found HomeProtect's customer service, IT support and banking to be appalling. I took my policy out in April 2022 and every single month HomeProtect fail to take the payment. My bank says the direct debit is set up, HomeProtect say it is set up and yet every single month they fail to take the payment and I have to call up and make payment. They fail to respond to all emails, they never send confirmation emails they say they will, they pass you from handler to handler during each call. An Insurer who cannot handle basics of taking direct debit payments is very concerning, I dred to think how badly they would handle any claim. I wish I had never come accross them. DO NOT USE HomeProtect, shop around and use a competent Insurer.

Reviewed on 31st July 2022
Mrs K's avatar
Mrs K

Home Insurance

My first experience with HomeProtect was disastrous

My first experience with HomeProtect was extremely negative. I signed insurance Policy Ref: C28/0673726 on March 18, 2022. What happened: I decided to change direct debit bank. I called and notified HomeProtect. On June 24, I received an official confir Read more

What happened: I decided to change direct debit bank. I called and notified HomeProtect. On June 24, I received an official confirmation from HomeProtect about the change of bank details. However, when the time came for the next month payment (£78.39) the company used the old details (I was notified by the bank where I closed the account) and HomeProtect, of course, did not receive money. On June 30 HomeProtect notified me that my most recent instalment of £78.39 hasn't been paid, due to insufficient funds. I have been fined (£20) and I was informed that a loan agreement (at a rate of 12%) should come into effect. I called HomeProtect and begged them to use new payment details that I had previously informed them off and which they officially confirmed. In vain. They kept claiming that they used the new details. I contacted the new bank and got confirmation that HomeProtect has not made any attempt to collect the payment.
What I did: I realized that I was in a dangerous situation. Having money, I could make a payment because of unprofessional and incomprehensible actions of HomeProtect. I called HomeProtect again and said I didn't want to make monthly payments. I want to pay the entire balance before the end of the contract in a lump sum. This conversation took place on June 30. My new bank confirmed that HomeProtect received the amount (£655.02) on July 1. Until now (today is the 10th of July 2022) I do not have official confirmation from HomeProtect that my financial obligations to HomeProtect have been repaid in full. My calls with inquiries to HomeProtect did not lead to any results.
As a result: 1. I have already suffered financial losses (I paid a fine (£20) for HomeProtect mistake in the client's payment details). 2. I am in a state of uncertainty. The company refuses to acknowledge receipt of my money in the amount of £655.02. 3. All I hope is they don't try to get more money from me.
My advice: NEVER USE HomeProtect! IT IS DANGEROUS!

Reviewed on 9th July 2022
Marina's avatar
Marina

Home Insurance

Appalling insurance company. Avoid.

Appaling insurance provider. AVOID. HomeProtect does not provide protection, they do not even provide excuses - they simply ignore you, for months. Read the reviews - all positive ones are from people who have never had to make a claim. I called HomePro Read more

I called HomeProtect to make a claim against my Policy, to be told "we accidentally cancelled your policy without telling you, our accounts made an admin error, goodbye". They eventually admitted error, reinstated my Policy, took my money, authorised my claim, but are now neglecting to pay me the money they owe me. If you call, you are put on hold for hours, day after day. And they do not respond to emails. So I am out of pocket, stressed, and struggling to take more time off work to sit on hrs of unreasonable holding pattern that amount to nothing.

Reviewed on 13th March 2022
Jana's avatar
Jana

Landlord Insurance

Ripped off or what

Took out landlord insurance with these guys back in 2013. They remained competitively priced until 2018, then a bit of a sharp increase but due to lack of time to research alternatives swallowed that one and stayed with them. This years renewal comes thro Read more

Took out landlord insurance with these guys back in 2013. They remained competitively priced until 2018, then a bit of a sharp increase but due to lack of time to research alternatives swallowed that one and stayed with them. This years renewal comes through, increase of around £300 - I have made no claims with them and trying to get through to speak to anyone was a complete joke. I found a far more reasonably priced insurer, and surprise surprise Home Protect suddenly found the time to return my call to "see what they could do". Too little, too late. I am gone

Reviewed on 15th September 2019
Christine Evans's avatar
Christine Evans

Home Insurance

Very affordable insurance with great cover

Very fairly priced, with great cover

Reviewed on 22nd July 2019
Sven Imber's avatar
Sven Imber

Good company

Straightforward service, easy to understand insurance plans, good customer service

Reviewed on 16th July 2019
mccattack's avatar
mccattack

Good comprehensive insurance

Fantastically good value for money insurance which provides security for essentially every single potential incident.

Reviewed on 7th July 2019
Leszek Ekert's avatar
Leszek Ekert

value

excellent value for money and service

Reviewed on 6th July 2019
sam brown's avatar
sam brown

CheekyCharges Campaigner

Its ok but very expensive as we are apparantly on a flood plain and nobody else will insure us

Reviewed on 13th March 2016