Teachers' Pensions Pension Reviews

Ratings based on 4 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Whether you're a newly qualified teacher or approaching retirement, read our community reviews of the Teacher's Pension to see what education workers like you have to say about this product.

Already signed up to the Teacher's Pension? Please leave a review of your own and help others by sharing details of your experiences dealign with this company.

Average

Your Pension Reviews

Review Teachers' Pensions's Pension now

2 years and 2 months and it still isn't sorted!

We have been trying to sort out an issue with my pension for over two years. It should have been a relatively straightforward issue but the level of incompetence one encounters from this organisation couldn't be scripted. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 15th November 2022
Steve's avatar
Steve

Really slow and no communication.

The most convoluted, confusing website I have seen. Applied in October 2021 for early retirement due to ill health. Finally got a decision in October 2022. I was told I would be paid within 10 days and they have a task tracker to measure the progress Read more

The most convoluted, confusing website I have seen.
I was told I would be paid within 10 days and they have a task tracker to measure the progress of the claim. Mine was stuck on 20% complete for the whole 10 days.
On the 10th day I rang them to find out if there was a problem. They told me they were waiting for information from my school. (I have a good relationship with my school and they have done a fantastic job of looking after me while I worked there). School had already informed me that they had sent the info the previous week. Oh, lo and behold he found the info that the school had returned "that day". Task was then deleted and a new one replaced it and you guessed it, it will take 10 days to complete.
Wife and I are now facing eviction from our home, I tried to explain this to the helpline but he was abrupt and honestly didn't give a stuff.
If you are considering early retirement I would honestly suggest you have a flutter on the lottery instead. I think your chances might be slightly better than mine. See you on skid row.

Reviewed on 4th November 2022
Mike's avatar
Mike

Beyond appalling: they treat bereaved families with contempt

Beyond appalling. My experience with this inept organisation following my mother's death in August beggars belief. I've sent emails, phone calls, their official forms and I'm still waiting for help! The bereavement department doesn't answer emails, doesn' Read more

Beyond appalling. My experience with this inept organisation following my mother's death in August beggars belief. I've sent emails, phone calls, their official forms and I'm still waiting for help! The bereavement department doesn't answer emails, doesn't have a phone number, refuses to release information on the money owed to my mother's estate unless I supply my bank account (contrary to official advice for executors) and, to crown it all, sent me five duplicate standard letters today costing their members several pounds and not answering the questions I'd asked in any way shape or form. I hope the CEO is proud of this shocking excuse of an outfit he presides over. They are treating bereaved families with contempt.

Reviewed on 21st October 2022
Sharon Breen's avatar
Sharon Breen

Not as good as it was!

A teacher's pension is good, in comparison to other (non DB) pensions, but the new version is far inferior to the original final salary scheme I signed up to years ago. I am now no longer able to retire until state pension age, which delays my retirement Read more

A teacher's pension is good, in comparison to other (non DB) pensions, but the new version is far inferior to the original final salary scheme I signed up to years ago. I am now no longer able to retire until state pension age, which delays my retirement plans by 7 years!

The website is not too bad - it cannot predict accurately the pension of someone who is on both schemes (both Final Salary and CARE), though, which will be many people since the recent switch to the CARE scheme. Other thann that, it's quite easy to log in and keep an eye on how your pension is growing over time, and that is much better than the old annual paper statement we used to receive.

On balance, I would recommend anyone eligible to sign up for the TPS - it still trumps most private and employer pensions, and anyone who can do should certainly not hesitate to join.

Reviewed on 15th August 2017