row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Reviews

Are you a row.co.uk customer? Let us know how you find their Appliance Insurance and help others in our community! we're collecting row.co.uk Appliance Insurance reviews in order to help customers like you to the best possible products.

row.co.uk Review Insight

Insurance Choice Awards logo Winner of 'Innovation of the Year' in the 2017 Insurance Choice Awards

Your Appliance Insurance Reviews

Review row.co.uk 's Appliance Insurance now

TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT U GET

Started policy to cover my washing machine in 2018 at 5.99 per month. Increased premium yearly even though I made no claims until 2021. So 2019 it was 6.99 and from 2020 it was 7.99. So paid more than £250 of premiums. My washing machine broke down and I needed a repair. That’s when I found out that (even though I’d been paying premiums for over 3 years) that there was a £65 excess to pay on top of the premiums. Also I had to pay all the months to the end of the contract in advance. So, on top of the premiums, I paid another £136.91 to get my WM repaired. Now, you tell me, was it worth my paying all those premiums? I don’t think so. I’m sure if I’d called Hotpoint direct they probably would have charged the same to repair it so I received no benefit from joining ROW. Furthermore, they are insisting I set up the direct debit again, even though I have paid upto Feb 2022. They are trying to force me to continue with them even though the contract will end in Feb 2022. They have threatened to close my policy if I do not set up the DD with them again even though I have paid in advance till Feb 2022.

Reviewed on 4th May 2021
shabana12@talk21.com's avatar
shabana12@talk21.com

Warning, warning, warning!

Warning, warning, warning! If you are thinking of insuring your appliance with Row please stop. I think most of these reviews are about the application process which was easy enough because they want your money. I insured three appliances with Row in June 2020; a range cooker, an integrated fridge freezer and an integrated dishwasher. I pay just under £20 a month.

My cooker developed a fault in January and I contacted Row to arrange for the fault to be fixed, I then received an email which stated that I would be charged an insurance excess of £125 PLUS I would have to pay the remaining monthly payments to take me from January to the following June This took the total to over £180!

I have spoken with another company who have told me that the manufacturer of my oven would charge £125 to come out and repair my oven.

I am unhappy that I have been paying £20 a month for Row to do nothing more than to contact an engineer on my behalf. I believe that I have been paying £20 for a service which is completely unneeded and unnecessary. I am quite capable of calling an engineer from the manufacturer and arranging for the oven to be fixed.

When I took out the insurance I was under the impression that my appliances were insured and protected against fault or damage and my premiums were put towards the maintenance. I have no idea what they use my £20 a month for.

PLEASE USE ANOTHER COMPANY

Reviewed on 25th January 2021
Toni's avatar
Toni

Terrible stay away

Terrible stay... Read more

Terrible stay away.
Terrible stay away..just gave them call as I noticed this morning I've got trouble turning the lever to double lock the door and it compromises with home security which clearly states in the policy..they told me that they will send out someone but if this is happened due to door swelling they would charge me £160.what a shame I'm not a professional locksmith to know how this is happened.i guess as soon as you claim they look deep into the policy exclusions and scare you with big invoices so that you say ok ill just leave it. I got 4 properties with various policies with diff companies.never ever have I had a experience like this.

Reviewed on 17th June 2020
Diogo 's avatar
Diogo

Thanks

Thanks

Reviewed on 11th February 2020
Ra Ma's avatar
Ra Ma

Waste of money and terrible customer service - insure with a reputable company instead

Customer for 2 years, no claims. Washing machine broke down, made a claim, no callbacks, 6 phone calls and i can't reach anyone who can discuss my claim. 1 week later I am still without a washing machine. Insured with D&G previously and never had any issues with other appliances - other providers offer instant answers. Do not waste your money here!

Reviewed on 23rd January 2020
colin's avatar
colin

Do not pay them a penny

It was 13 days after l had a policy with them. There was a burning smell in the kitchen, l was expecting smo to come and check the washing machine, but they said l can not make a claim before 14days. Also, even if you cancel your policy in 14days they don't refund your money cos you made a claim- a claim that had no cost to them but £68 to you. If they had sent out an engineer for it, l would understand the cost, but they didn't.
You do not know when your only 2yrs old washing machine will get broken which comes with 10year parts guarantee anyway.
Finally my husband realised that the smell was not actually coming from the washing machine. So it cost us £68 in 14 days to have a policy with them. I feel like ripped off. Do not trust them, and read any Terms&Conditions very carefully before clicking on it!

Reviewed on 23rd October 2019
Sel's avatar
Sel

Very shocking this company removed my review

Very shocking this company report my review... by simply saying "don't believe you've had a genuine buying or service experience"...
Keeping paying my policy £17.10 for 12 months to such company and get nothing except rude rejection on their service....
Now they report me through "Trustpilot", however, if they wish to carry on arguing with this, I could spend a bit time on it although I am quite busy. Already emailed evidence of my policy to "Trustpilot"and waiting reply... Joking company!!!

Had been keep paying for 12 months, no one arrange boiler service, now my boiler got some problem, their team just reject to repair by asking tricky questions etc. When you try to argue with them, they just defenced them-self and dump all fault on customer.. Very poor service.

Now keep sending email asking renewal policy ! Never ever go with his company, really doubt Row.co.uk ethics. Beware! Row.co.uk. This has to be the worst company I've ever dealt with!

Already switched to alternative insurer next year !

Reviewed on 24th June 2019
lxz 's avatar
lxz

Easy to get a quote and set up my cover online

The customer reviews and rating looked good so I did a quote which took a few moments. This was easy and completed in 5 minutes.

Reviewed on 3rd April 2019
Helen's avatar
Helen

Cheap

Best company for added insurance

Reviewed on 27th March 2019
Jane Birch's avatar
Jane Birch

Excellent buying process

Very easy quick process to buy cover

Reviewed on 26th March 2019
David Seale's avatar
David Seale

Washing machine insurance

Fast and easy and value for money appliance insurance

Reviewed on 25th March 2019
Cassandra 's avatar
Cassandra

Quote for washing machine

Quick easy and fantastic prices very happy with my quote for washing machine now I can use my machine knowing I have full cover incase of any mishaps will recommend to family and friends

Reviewed on 24th March 2019
Karen 's avatar
Karen

Easy as Peas

Straight forward and easy to complete all of the information. Piece of mind that all my kitchen appliances are covered with 1 insurer so no problems if I need to claim they're all with the same one making life easier.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2019
Vanda's avatar
Vanda

Best insurance provider

Nice and easy website, recommend this to everyone

Reviewed on 18th March 2019
Saeeda's avatar
Saeeda

most competitive price online

Early days of policy, so most competitive , easy to understand website.

Reviewed on 13th March 2019
seika's avatar
seika

Frauds

Was drawn in by the very reasonable price ..big mistake. Insured washing machine and tumble dryer expecting instant help incase of breakdown. So when the dryer wasn't heating the clothes I immediately went to work trying to contact them .first of all you have to make your claim online then wait till they approve your claim .. well 48hrs later still no contact from the company .. so if your expecting a prompt fix for your appliance stay well clear of this mob ..

Reviewed on 6th March 2019
Colin's avatar
Colin

EXCELLENT

Brilliant website and great prices

Reviewed on 26th February 2019
cindy's avatar
cindy

New insurance cover

Very easy on line form and quick processing definitely would use again and. Recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed on 22nd February 2019
Philip Green's avatar
Philip Green

Easy & very helpful

Very Happy New to the website and glad to get my stuff finally covered

Reviewed on 20th February 2019
Kirsty's avatar
Kirsty

Brilliant and affordable

So easy to get quote. Representative rung back when asked to answer my questions. Really helpful. Really reasonable price

Reviewed on 19th February 2019