Close Brothers Business Loans Reviews

Read Close Brothers business loans reviews on Smart Money People, the UK's #1 independent financial services review site. If you're looking specifically for Close Brothers reviews, see what insight our community is offering before deciding if it's the right product for you. Or if you've used Close Brothers business loans previously, please share a review of your own and help our community!

Good

Close Brothers Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Your Business Loans Reviews

Review Close Brothers's Business Loans now

Thieves, scammers, liars

UPDATE 23/01/2021 Close brothers have requested to take back my truck/work of business. Quote: We have not received any response since 16th December 2020 promoting termination of your account. In response to that I have 20 to 30 emails I can show to the courts. Emails blocked and returned. Phone calls that have not been returned along with all the evidence. There is nothing going to give me more pleasure than standing in court showing the whole world what a disgraceful, thieving, scam of a business this is. As in my previous postSadly my dad passed away in March due to covid. Close brothers asked to see a copy of my Dad's death certificate as Quote: People make up stories. The funeral bill was £6000 which I have not yet paid as I have worked very little since March. My mother then passed away in November due to ill health. I have constant threats from Close brothers. More so verbally on the phone as it's not recorded. Emails not replied to which I have saved everyone since march. Managing directors ignoring emails or claiming it went in the spam box. Again all saved history.
I will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service, the FCA and Trading Standard. When a business claims to take away my livelihood I will do everything in my power to keep hold of it, more so for my dad's sake and mine too. This is all I have left for God sake. Angry I cannot even express how I feel. I also want to note that my credit history is superb, never a missed payment. This business cannot continue treating customers in this way, just read the reviews. Close Brothers are rotten to the very core, regardless if your whole family is wiped out, you will get no sympathy or help from this business. And if you're going to post at the bottom the BS Quote: We take the feedback of our clients seriously sympathy text, then quite clearly you don't, read your own reviews. Dealing with Close Brothers since March has been depressing, sad, anxious and truly one of the worst experiences in my life in business. I have even been blocked by the managing director. Message blocked. Not a threat. A fact the world needs to see this business for what they are. See you in court.
Update Jan 30th 2021. Finally got through to a clueless woman the phone. I explained that I cannot reply to the threats Close Brothers have made as all my emails have been blocked. She replied that Close Brothers have every right to block you as a customer. How you supposed to reply then, you can't get through on the phones. Each and every single staff member working for this business a vile, total and utter thieves.

Reviewed on 30th January 2021
john's avatar
john

Making money from the Corona Virus!

Put my monthly payments on hold for 3 months due to my restaurant being closed due to the Corona Virus.... Read more

They have agreed but charged me an extra £135+ interest to do so.
Shocking way to make extra money when the world is in meltdown.
Avoid at all cost!!

Reviewed on 27th March 2020
Eliza N's avatar
Eliza N

You are always there for me

Each time I call I am received by an uncomplicated clear adviser It is always a positive experience and I have been fortunate to have enjoyed good rates each year with my savings account

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Susan Solomons's avatar
Susan Solomons

Fast and effective staff

Fantastic staff, happy to help at any time

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
Popsanddolls's avatar
Popsanddolls

High interest rate

It was easy to obtain a loan from Close Brothers. The customer service representatives were very friendly, clear and precise in their delivery of information. The interest rate is very high.

Reviewed on 9th August 2017