Close Brothers Investments Reviews

Read Close Brothers investments reviews on Smart Money People, the UK's 1 independent financial services review site. If you're looking specifically for Close Brothers reviews, see what insight our community is offering before deciding if it's the right product for you. Or if you've used Close Brothers investments previously, please share a review of your own and help our community!

Close Brothers Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Investments Reviews

Review Close Brothers's Investments now

RIP-OFF

Complete RIP-OFF Dont even consider them if you don't want to get in depts!!! I cancelled MyPolicy insurance that works hand-in-hand with CLOSE BROTHERS. As all people I do work so not sitting at phone. After cancelling I let them that know,had nice con Read more

Complete RIP-OFF
Dont even consider them if you don't want to get in depts!!!
I cancelled MyPolicy insurance that works hand-in-hand with CLOSE BROTHERS. As all people I do work so not sitting at phone. After cancelling I let them that know,had nice conversation with operator whom I asked few times if I'm all sorted and free to which I was told I'm free from any financial links with the company.I didn't get any email or post from them afterwards. Now after about 2 months I recieve letter from the dept collecting company asking me to pay OVERDUE amount of £478. CANCELLATION FEE ALMOST £500?! WHERE WAS IT POINTED OUT? As financially carefull person I did have assurance from representative that I have no financial links and was discharged būt now I'm being CHASED BY DEPT COLLECTORS. Anyway I will require to go through conversation with operator, if needed through courts as there was assurance, moral compansation for ruining my time, mental harrasment, blackmailing to financial institutions.
No wonder it gets over 200 complaints daily.
ASSURACE,LIABILITY,TRUST??? That's a joke really!

Reviewed on 9th February 2022
Hariss Hans's avatar
Hariss Hans

Quick, efficient, competitive savings rates

Quick, efficient, competitive savings rates

Reviewed on 2nd February 2022
D Francis's avatar
D Francis

Always been a stalwart Bank..

Have been a savings customer for 8yrs and Close Bros have always delivered..

Reviewed on 2nd December 2021
Lady Penelope's avatar
Lady Penelope

Well-considered investments

A steady and above-average increase in my investments over the past 15 years.

Reviewed on 4th October 2021
Edward Moakes's avatar
Edward Moakes

Excellent customer service

I have several investments in various building societies etc but Close Brothers give me the most efficient, effective and reliable service. Notifications are always sent out in good time and their documentation is clear and concise making record keeping Read more

I have several investments in various building societies etc but Close Brothers give me the most efficient, effective and reliable service. Notifications are always sent out in good time and their documentation is clear and concise making record keeping very easy. Tax certificates are always sent without having to request them. I feel my investments are in good safe hands.

Reviewed on 10th February 2020
Rosemary Phillips's avatar
Rosemary Phillips

Great interest rates

Straightforward investment of money with excellent interest rate and great communication.

Margill's avatar
Margill

Very easy to deal with,handle enquiries efficiently and quickly

Pam Wright's avatar
Pam Wright

Great company to deal with

They keep you well informed with regular emails and posting. That along with very competitive rates make them a favourite to invest with.

James Moffatt's avatar
James Moffatt

F/R bonds

Hav had a number fo these products over th last decade or so and have found the admin.and payments of interest totally on due dates with hard copy back up docs.( unlike some providers)Have also attended seminar on INHERITANCE tAX WHICH WAS BOTH FIRST CLAS Read more

Hav had a number fo these products over th last decade or so and have found the admin.and payments of interest totally on due dates with hard copy back up docs.( unlike some providers)Have also attended seminar on INHERITANCE tAX WHICH WAS BOTH FIRST CLASS AND FREE.

Anthony's avatar
Anthony

Brilliant Company

My investments with Close Brothers have been very successful. Their customer service is excellent. They are a pleasure to do business with. I Highly recommend this company.

Liz Wood's avatar
Liz Wood

Great advice

We have been with Close Brothers or one of the companies they have taken over for about 10 years and our Financial Advisor has always been open and clear about our investments. In fact the company have been so good that our son and daughter also use the c Read more

We have been with Close Brothers or one of the companies they have taken over for about 10 years and our Financial Advisor has always been open and clear about our investments. In fact the company have been so good that our son and daughter also use the company for advice, pensions and investment.

Ann 's avatar
Ann

Very understanding

My husband managed my account with Close Brothers and when he died I had to telephone them. They were very kind and guided me through what I needed to do.

Joan Shaw's avatar
Joan Shaw

Safe saving

Long experience of Close brothers, they communicate effectively, reliably offer good rates and are a safe investment.

Liz's avatar
Liz

Fixed Rate Bonds

Close Bros Fixed Rate Bonds offer highly competitive interest rates and can easily be entered into on line. My queries were easily resolved by speaking with a real person,.

Roy Shirley's avatar
Roy Shirley

Good rates & good communicatiions

I have a 5 year bond with Close Bothers. I do nothing and the interest arrives automatically each year and I get an annual statement for tax purposes. Just what I want. No effort, no hassle and no admin.

Andy's avatar
Andy

Great product, clear information

Easy to talk to staff with plain English literature

Denise Whittaker's avatar
Denise Whittaker

Trustworthy Support

Have used Close Bros for many years. They are fair and reliable.

Rita Smith's avatar
Rita Smith

Savings

Easy to set up and access. Helpful staff

John Troup's avatar
John Troup

Excellent customer service

I have never had any problems dealing with Close Brothers. Helpful and trustworthy

Marian Wright's avatar
Marian Wright

Extremely efficient

All correspondence is professionally produced and easy to understand. Customer service skills are second to none, on the occasions I have telephoned I have found their staff to be very pleasant and knowledgable.

Carolyn's avatar