By Miles Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 8,108 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

Read pay-as-you-go car insurance reviews of By Miles on Smart Money People. This innovative new company offers pay-by-mile car insurance policies for lower mileage drivers, along with a handy app packed with driving tools. If you're a By Miles customer already, why not share a quick review of your experiences with the Smart Money People community who look to your thoughts to help them choose!

By Miles Review Insight

Insurance Choice Awards logo Winner of 'Innovation of the Year' in the 2017 Insurance Choice Awards

Your Car Insurance Reviews

8,108 reviews

Review By Miles's Car Insurance now

Great service - best price

Use my link and you'll get £100 of miles for free when you sign up: ... Read more

Use my link and you'll get £100 of miles for free when you sign up: https://
bymiles.co.uk/ refer/HT17YOV
(just delete spaces when copy and pasting link)

I've had a brilliant experience so far - works out so much cheaper than any other comparison I've done, communication has all been super easy and a pleasure to use and they offer some great things like all policies including business insurance and no claims protection as standard!

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Emma Howe's avatar
Emma Howe

£100 free worth of miles Great company

Get £100 free worth of miles with the referral link https://bymiles.co.uk/refer/WJ64BNE

Reviewed on 4th November 2021
wadzy wadzy's avatar
wadzy wadzy

So good, I came for seconds!

I would say I have left reviews for maybe 4 or 5 organisations in the last 15 years. It’s just not my thing. But, I’m doing this because I just find the service absolutely top notch. The concept itself is absolutely clever and in my opinion, ingenious and at the same time very simple and straightforward. You pay an upfront charge for when car is not been driven and then get charged per mile you drive. At first, I thought it was a gimmick; there’s got to be a catch. Maybe the by-mile cost would be high. Maybe the initial lump cost would be high. But nope. The mile cost is 3.1p per mile (slightly up from 3.0 last year, but that’s minimal). For my own policy, the lump sum was £178.73 for the whole year. This is a reduction on my last year’s bill, which was more than£200 (still low for what it is fir me). You know the crazy thing, this is including the premiumI had to pay for having a speeding ticket! So, it could have been cheaper!
I drive very little. About 4 to 10 miles per day on a 5 day week. So, it adds up to nearly nothing when you compare to what I’d pay for other types of insurance (I was quoted between £500 to £750) by other insurance!).
Then there’s the app. Very sleek, smooth and functional with tools to help you do all sorts of things. As a geek, this was an absolute bonus. You can see every single journey you’ve made, know exactly how much you’re using and how far you’ve driven. Your whole policy and everything to do with it is on the app. No paperwork anywhere. The app can wirelessly diagnose problems with your car and give you the problem code (right now, I have a p0646 diagnosis, which I’ll be taking to my mechanic). You can pre-plan a journey to see what it’ll cost you before you start and loads more….all in a very simple and intuitive app.
Are they perfect? Well, you are best off using this if you do not drive a lot or drive short distances to gain the most benefit. Even so, there’s a cap on how much you’re charged per day, irrespective of mileage (can’t recall the exact cap). Oh, and if you park your car and can’t find it, the app can help you trace the car! Fir me, it’s the best type and way to insure your car. I was with them last year and did not hesitate to renew (even before I knew that I’d be paying cheaper). Do not hesitate. Go for it!

If you’re lucky and introduce someone, you do not even need to pay for the miles you drive. I did not pay a penny last year as I used the referral to get some family on. To get a £50 credit (and I get too), use this link https://bymiles.co.uk/refer/FE13VOG

Even if you chose not to, don’t hesitate to join them. You’ll thank me! And no, I do not work for them. Just a very happy customer.

Reviewed on 30th October 2021
Franky's avatar
Franky

Great company

https://bymiles.co.uk/refer/EO10VDL Get 50 quid off with the referral link.

Reviewed on 28th October 2021
Jewel Haye's avatar
Jewel Haye

upfront cost is same as the total of others

Sounds like a great idea does'nt it. The trouble is ByMiles upfront charge is more than a normal yearly ins cost before any mileage is done at all. Do 10 miles per year or 10,000, you'll still pay more. Maybe because of the £60 administration fee? They do after all have to bill you 12 times, but be aware you'll pay for it. Oh and if you add recharging your battery due to the tracker draining it, and tracker fee of £50 and £800 excess if its disconnected, you'll understand why i give them 1 star!

Reviewed on 28th October 2021
gordon beaven's avatar
gordon beaven

My Best Motoring Decision Ever

Choosng ByMiles for my car insurance is my best motoring decision ever.... Read more

Choosng ByMiles for my car insurance is my best motoring decision ever.
Since my retirement I drive myself less often and I think it's totally fair that I'm only paying for my time and miles on the road.
Their customer service is great - they're quick to respond with information and/or practical solutions.
I recommend them to friends and family whever the subject of car insurance comes up.

Reviewed on 13th October 2021
Lola's avatar
Lola

Great product great company

Great product great company - website is great and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
jasmine mokrysz's avatar
jasmine mokrysz

Best car insurance I've ever had

So glad I found this car insurance company, they communicate with the customer and keep you informed of the amount of miles you have done each month, and you can chat to someone who is always there to help and assist you and the help is instant. Awards for this company are well deserved.

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Pearl Jackson 's avatar
Pearl Jackson

First year brilliant, renewal shocking

Tried By Miles as I have to vehicles so used them for one I don't use much. Great system, good price, all was good. Renewal (with no additional claims or issues) shot up in price and now the base price is more than other regular insurers and that's without taking the additional mileage thatBy Miles charge. Shame as I really thought it was a great idea.

Reviewed on 10th October 2021
museumsteve's avatar
museumsteve

Good insurance

Got it bot while ago its good see how it goes

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
Ammad Khan's avatar
Ammad Khan

Car insurance

Innovative and increasingly relevant tech for connected cars. It is the way forward. Their e-vehicle policy also sensible.

Reviewed on 7th October 2021
john 's avatar
john

Crap

Had insurance with these guys for a year its up for renewal they have doubles my premium and blamed the under wrighters absoukt joke got 4 years no claims hardly drove any miles robbing $@#/

Reviewed on 3rd October 2021
Lauren Holt's avatar
Lauren Holt

EXCELLENT SERVICE GREAT VALUE

EXCELLENT SERVICE, GREAT VALUE, WOULD REOMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE AND REALLY SMART IDEA TO GET PEOPLE TO DRIVE LESS

Reviewed on 1st October 2021
M.ASIM's avatar
M.ASIM

By Miles - recommended

East to install box, great value, good service & lets you track your mileage easily online - recommended.

Reviewed on 26th September 2021
Andrea Lainey Dee's avatar
Andrea Lainey Dee

Excellent!!

By Miles are an excellent choice for great value, great cover insurance and with the app you can keep an eye on where your car is and even diagnose problems! Perfect

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Jane Pickford's avatar
Jane Pickford

The best car insurance company!

Whenever I have trouble, the customer service team are always amazing and so helpful

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Lacey Moore's avatar
Lacey Moore

Easy and fair

Great app. No latency. Business model makes sense. Customers priced and treated fairly.

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
Claudia B's avatar
Claudia B

The best!

Such a great car insurance company!

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
Camilla Craze's avatar
Camilla Craze

Easy peasy

cheap insurance, just plug in the tracker and go! I like that you can plan a journey and work out the costs but its so cheap i dont bother now.

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
claire whitfield's avatar
claire whitfield

Amazing in every single aspect!

I had enough of seeing how car insurances were taking advantage of the market in the UK compared to any other country in the EU. ByMiles is changing everything, and making the difference. A car insurance that adapts itself to your needs.... Read more

Super happy with it.