Starling Bank Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 13,749 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Starling Bank unveiled their current account within an app for general download in May 2017. So if you're looking to read what people think of it, check our our Starling Bank current account reviews from early adopters like you below.
People leave...

People leave their reviews on Smart Money to help you make better decisions, so if you've downloaded the app, please write your own Starling Bank app review and comment on ease of sign-up, what you thought of their budgeting tools, and anything else to do with this innovative challenger bank!

With the power of your reviews, we're changing financial services.

Starling Bank Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Current Account Reviews

13,749 reviews

Review Starling Bank's Current Account now

Was not able to open an account

Starling refused me as a customer. I am a new addition to the country (I'm from Belgium) so I don't have a credit history here yet. They kept asking for other documents to see proof of address, forcing me to reinstall the app repeatedly, with the app asking for other types of documents after each reinstall. Cheeky. I provided them, amongst others, with letters from HMRC for proof of address. All turned down with them refusing to explain why. Infuriating. Welcome to our globalised world. Bye bye Starling.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
Frank Vandenberghe's avatar
Frank Vandenberghe

Very good customer service

Very good customer service. Fantastic experience

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Alvaro Gallego's avatar
Alvaro Gallego

Amazingly simple banking at your fingertips

The app is perfect and very simple to operate along with every bit of information you could possibly require about your finances.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Graham Cavanagh's avatar
Graham Cavanagh

Simply the best bank

I've been banking with Starling since going freelance two years ago, and can't imagine ever wanting to switch. The app helps me manage my finances, save and watch my spending in a way that just wasn't possible with my previous bank.

Reviewed on 10th August 2021
Andy 's avatar
Andy

Perfect

Having only just recently opened an account with starling (due to Tesco bank closing current accounts) I wish I had done it sooner. The functionality witching the app is fantastic. Easy to use, detailed transaction informative, fast and I mean fast transfers/payments, outstanding security features. Overall this is a true bank but on your phone. So good that I’ve moved my other accounts to starling. The app is awesome, so far I’ve not come across anything I can’t do with it.

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
Paul's avatar
Paul

Starling bank is by far the best bank I've been with so far and I am glad that I'm still with them. Thank you guys for giving me such an experience and a great service. Keep up the great work Starling!!!!!

Reviewed on 12th July 2021
Nana Agyei's avatar
Nana Agyei

Not brilliant

Not a great product, app is hard to use, difficult to carry out transactions, poor saving rates, lack of products, not really anything good going for it.

Reviewed on 24th June 2021
Kelvin Manson's avatar
Kelvin Manson

Brilliant!

App great,can keep up with expenditure so easily and even earn a little interest while I'm at it

Harry Brown's avatar
Harry Brown

The best card

I like this bank. Easy registration via phone in few clicks. The best rates when you travel. Better to use your Starling card in other country ATM then exchange the money in the banks. So highly recommend it.

Roger's avatar
Roger

Constanstly improving

Ease of use and constanstly improving user experience. Great support, without doubt setting the standard for services

Mansel's avatar
Mansel

Best online Bank

Wow ! Starling bank are brilliant, online service very user friendly and support team are super helpful.

shazwatson70@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
shazwatson70@yahoo.co.uk

Easy to use, great product, 24/7 support

The app and it's features are easy to use and meet all my needs. Support is always on hand and responds quickly. Cool spaces where I can save pots of money, set goals etc. And when travel allows, the best way to make international transactions and take money out while away.

J.Field's avatar
J.Field

So easy

Easy to top up. Notified of every use.

Johnb's avatar
Johnb

No nonsense banking

For the first time I have a bank that is simple logical and very understanding of circumstances. They are easy to contact and deal with problems simply

Helen B's avatar
Helen B

Best Bank Ever

Their modus operandi and Customer Service are better than any of the high street banks They are simply the best

Tony's avatar
Tony

SO easy & a Joy to Use,

Really love their app. so much better than my Primary Lloyds app. so in the process of migrating fully to Starling. Also great customer services.

James Parkinson's avatar
James Parkinson

Recently joined great bank , great to deal with .

Frank's avatar
Frank

Consistently the better bank

I have only good things to say, everyone I have dealt with from support, they are professional and have always fixed any issue I have had.... Read more

And it's still the best current account on the market, it may lack a few 'neat' features compared to other 'challenger' banks but equally I have not experienced any issues like I have had with them. Definitely leading for stability.

KC's avatar
KC

Security

Unnecessary security around a client making a small payment. Apparently I’m considered a possible mule’. Causing considerable embarrassment to my clients who tried to make payments and could not. Also consequence of being unable to access my funds for several days.

Reviewed on 28th April 2021
tracey.k.smith1@gmail.com's avatar
tracey.k.smith1@gmail.com

Easy to Use, Intuitive and Consise

Find the app very easy, quick and responsive. Always thought this new disrupter banks, app based service etc was for younger people, but I'm in my 50s and loving how customer focused the whole experience is. Conventional banks can be hard work to deal with and very set in their ways (I know, I've worked for Citibank and HBOS) but Starling seems to be very forward thinking.

Reviewed on 27th April 2021