Danske Bank UK Choice Current Account Reviews

Danske Bank Danske Choice Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Danske Bank Danske Choice Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Danske Bank customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Danske Bank customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Danske Bank Danske Choice Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Choice Current Account Reviews

Review Danske Bank UK's Choice Current Account now

This bank needs investigation

Unbelievable treatment from this bank Unbelievable treatment from this bank. My elderly father had to move from his home of 20 years to sheltered accommodation due to his physical and mental decline (depression) . He also has diabetes. . I myself am also Read more

Unbelievable treatment from this bank
Unbelievable treatment from this bank. My elderly father had to move from his home of 20 years to sheltered accommodation due to his physical and mental decline (depression) . He also has diabetes. . I myself am also disabled and doing My best to cope with changing his details to his new address.
I've been trying to organise a letter to have his address changed as he's unable to get to a bank. I'm unable to drive and he's had to give up driving. Unfortunately they don't appear to care.
His card snapped the other day as his address isnt updated he cant ordera new card. So I called was advised to bring aforementioned letter in. Nothing else was requested.
I called again to find an open branch as my dad has outstanding bills to pay and needs food. (Saturday)
Was not told I needed to bring other things. Why this wasn't mentioned before during any of my calls I don't know.
I dashed up to the Belfast branch who threatened to put a stop on his account.
I explained I have Been using my rent money to pay for what my dad needs. And asked them how I could pay for his opticians (glasses) due on Monday and his food.. apparently this wasn't their problem and they are happy to let him starve.
Never liked this bank. Like them even less now.. who leaves am 81 year old man without any means to pay his bills or buy food..

Updated - Again, today Monday 18th July, i tried yet again and I have not been able to sort this matter. The demand for a doctors letter (unable to get until next week at the earliest) to ensure he's able to make decisions for himself Has left him without any means to buy food.
My disability means I cannot drive and I have no money left to buy any of us food. With his diabetes this puts his health at risk.
I will be holding Danske responsible if anything happens with regards to his health until this is resolved.
A good lesson to learn here, is if you are elderly or have elderly parents - do not bank here. They clearly do not care if they live or die!
Praying I can get something for him to eat until this is sorted.
Who knows where his bank statements are going or who has access to them as they refuse to allow me to update his details over the phone. He has tried doing it himself and its still not allowed.
It's a farcical circus. I have made a formal complaint and if not satisfactorily dealt with I will be pursuing it via the ombudsman.

I really didn't think this bank could…
I really didn't think this bank could go any lower than rhey have.
I'm living on porridge, cereal and bread so my 81 year old diabetic dad can eat after his account was frozen.
Apparently they aren't "medical professionals" and yet I am classed as one .. when I mentioned my dad has "suspected dementia".
My mental health and physical health has declined rapidly, as being disabled myself this entire situation has put me in a very bad place. I used every ounce of energy I had trying to deal with this and am not recovering enough to have the energy to make an appointment with them, AND drag my father with me for what I now assume will be a nazi-esque interrogation.
Now they are, in my opinion attempting to make him homeless as i was told there would be no problem with his direct debits therefore he would have a roof over his head.. apparently they are now bouncing his rent payment and probably everything else. I suspect this is A good little earner for them as no doubt Dad will have to pay for those ones that have and will bounce and end up homeless.
I genuinely wonder how these people sleep at night. Or how they would feel if it happened to their parent.

To add insult to injury - they didn't bother to even spell my name right!

Not to mention they attempted to contact our solicitor without permission. Seems they are a law unto themselves

Reviewed on 3rd August 2022
TJ's avatar
TJ

Dedicated Danske

Excellent staff always provide great service and are very thorough, professional and friendly! They always go that mile extra by being so patient and just so nice!

Reviewed on 8th June 2022
Claire McGreeghan 's avatar
Claire McGreeghan

Excellent Customer Service

Danske Bank are a friendly people person bank they look after their customers and customer service is excellent. They are friendly helpful and I know my money is in safe hands with them

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Nichola Legge's avatar
Nichola Legge

Probably the worst bank you'll come across

They sent out some nonsense request to update my personal details. When challenged they said that they had been asked to by the FCA. When challenged, they then started to change their story, again and again. So I refused to comply. After being a customer Read more

They sent out some nonsense request to update my personal details. When challenged they said that they had been asked to by the FCA. When challenged, they then started to change their story, again and again. So I refused to comply. After being a customer with them for over 15 years they then blocked all of my cards, direct debits etc and in effect tried to make me destitute.
So, goodbye Danske Bank.

Reviewed on 22nd March 2022
Jon Smith's avatar
Jon Smith

Always helpful

I’ve been a customer for35 years of I have any questions about my banking they are always able to explain and fix the errors

Reviewed on 22nd January 2022
Maeve Millar's avatar
Maeve Millar

Danske Bank current account pays you £5 (net) per month and has an excellent electronic banking app.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Stephen Fleming's avatar
Stephen Fleming

Not great bank.

Try get my money out my account £70,and how I have been charged for £27.00, so will be ringing in morning.

Reviewed on 15th March 2021
Kim Elliott's avatar
Kim Elliott

Nice

Excellent service and productive approach confidently proving that view

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
Muhammed Sayeed 's avatar
Muhammed Sayeed

Great Bank

This bank is always very good to its customers and are very understanding...I wouldn't bank anywhere else...

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Sonya Ritchie's avatar
Sonya Ritchie

My experience with Danske Bank

The colleagues are fantastic. I can’t rate this bank highly enough! The security is so tight - my card got scanned in a shop in Leeds and they blocked a transaction in India before they could take the money, and sent me a text message about it which was g Read more

The colleagues are fantastic. I can’t rate this bank highly enough! The security is so tight - my card got scanned in a shop in Leeds and they blocked a transaction in India before they could take the money, and sent me a text message about it which was great. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7th January 2019
lynsarah's avatar
lynsarah

A great account with everything I need.

Having had no credit when I first joined I had a lovely team who helped me through every step. Kind and patient employees who are happy to help. The account covers every single item we need it to for our daily use as a young family. It is easy to get help Read more

Having had no credit when I first joined I had a lovely team who helped me through every step. Kind and patient employees who are happy to help. The account covers every single item we need it to for our daily use as a young family. It is easy to get help over the phone anytime we need it and I do feel they are a great bank and account

Reviewed on 11th February 2018
Tammy Stevenson's avatar
Tammy Stevenson

Simple, Easy, Great App

Very efficient service and easy to manage all my banking transactions through my Danske Bank app

Reviewed on 6th November 2017
Matthew Small's avatar
Matthew Small

I recommend 100%

Quickly, safely, it helps as needed

Reviewed on 1st June 2017
Marzena Chrostowska's avatar
Marzena Chrostowska

Feel like I'm being acussed of theft by bank.

Have a receipt saying my withdrawal from ATM was unsuccessful but still debited from my account, and danske say I have to wait until they investigate if I'm telling the truth. So much for customer loyalty, after 43 years with northern bank and now danske. Read more

Reviewed on 16th March 2017
James McParland's avatar
James McParland

Top notch in every way!

The best bank account about, easy to manage both online and in branch, and always a great service included. 5*

Reviewed on 21st April 2016
Frank Page's avatar
Frank Page

Fantastic

Danske are fantastic always there to help have a 24/7 help line it's fantastic and their ebanking is so straight forward & handy

Reviewed on 15th February 2016