Dial Direct Reviews

Dial Direct reviews can help you to become Smart Money People by finding out what other Dial Direct policy holders have to say. Dial Direct has helped more than 1 million customers with their insurance needs. Have you got experience of Dial Direct? if so, you can write your Dial Direct review on Smart Money People. Help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Dial Direct Review Insight

Channels

Dial Direct Products 12

Home insurance made easy

The whole process of taking out insurance with dial direct was easy and straightforward on their website. I found their prices very competitive and would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
LHemmins's avatar
LHemmins

Van Insurance

Do not use this company

Bit of a con.... Read more

Bit of a con.
Quoted me £500 for van insurance on confused for my personal van, which I accepted, only to be told that my 9 years company car insurance no claims is not valid, as I cannot get letters quoting every single registration of company cars I've had over 9 years.
I change my company car twice a year, so they want me to remember 18 car registrations!.
So then they doubled my insurance to £1000 approx.
This 'technical issue' was not stated in any of the text upon taking the policy.
All other insurers have accepted letters from my employers, with not having to get every single reg of company cars I've had.
Just be careful with Dial Direct's T&C's before you take a policy with them if your in a similar situation as me.

Then I get an email from Toni wanting to speak to me, im not interested, I am just stuck with you now for a year, probably with a big penalty if I want to leave, if they let me leave without a penalty, I will be gone...

***UPDATE***
just been back on confused and got quotes with NO COMPANY CAR NCB just to check, and I am getting quotes for £700, so I am being over charged by approx £300 by dial direct anyway!

Reviewed on 3rd July 2019
Neil Mason's avatar
Neil Mason

Easy to setup

Easy to set up the policy but renewal price is almost double last years fee and the only way to stop the auto renew is to phone - this can't be done online.

Reviewed on 6th August 2018
Christine Schneider's avatar
Christine Schneider

Home Insurance

We had to claim on our home insurance due to a plumbing disaster on the first day we moved into our home. The service was exceptional and they made a stressful situation so much easier to deal with. Promptly dealt with our issue and I have been very happy with the service

Reviewed on 20th September 2017
Rebecca Gray's avatar
Rebecca Gray

Home Insurance

Not impressed by renewal quote

I know Insurance companies put up their quotes year on year but the renewal quote for home insurance was nearly double last years

Reviewed on 23rd July 2017
Mari Sutherland's avatar
Mari Sutherland

Van Insurance

So easy to use

Very competitive prices for insurance but still get quality service. Easy to use online, an very nice to talk to on the phone clear an polite. Plus you get free rac cover with your policy

Reviewed on 4th July 2017
Leon Amor's avatar
Leon Amor

Pet Insurance Reviewer

usually cheaper than other companies

Reviewed on 17th December 2016
Natalie A White's avatar
Natalie A White

Brilliant Customer Service

DD put up our Insurance on 2 cars this year but after giving them a quick buzz we ended up with all bells and whistles on both cars for less than £350 this year. The rep was amazing in how she managed to get our prices down and touch wood we have had no problems for the second year running

Reviewed on 30th October 2016
Kristy Leanne Brown's avatar
Kristy Leanne Brown

Home Insurance

Easy to do business with

You can either phone or do everything over the website. So easy to do business with and price competitive too.

Reviewed on 22nd August 2016
Lynn's avatar
Lynn

Car Insurance

lesser known but good company

Have provided the lowest price for fully comp car insurance for the last two years for me even as a newly passed driver, also throw in additional perks such as free breakdown cover and can always get through to them relatively quickly on the phone.

Reviewed on 5th August 2016
louise allchorn's avatar
louise allchorn

CheekyCharges Campaigner

Bog standard, no frills service - will shop around more extensively next time

Reviewed on 13th March 2016
Hannah Jayne Martin's avatar
Hannah Jayne Martin

CheekyCharges

knew the arms were moving us 30 days after renewal - charged me £35 to change addy

Reviewed on 4th March 2016