Family Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 290 reviews       Last review 1 week ago
  Visit Family Building Society

Family Building Society is a financial organisation specifically designed to help families who can work together to use their money and their assets more successfully. Smart Money People is the place for the Family Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Family Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Family Building Society Products 290

New-look annual savings summary

I very much dislike this: it means twice as much paper for my records, and the part that gives the actual details doesn't even state the year to which they relate, meaning I'd have to write this in if I tore this off to reduce the strain on my box file. (OK, that's hardly arduous, but a bit more thought would have meant I didn't have to.)

Reviewed on 8th January 2021

Avoid

Frustrating company to deal with, misuse of my data on two occasions absolutely incompetent. Complained about the issue and poor response and then a month later they repeat their same mistake. Asked for information multiple times that they already have. Delayed my house purchase. No one knows what they are doing. Baffling.

Reviewed on 30th December 2020
Jess's avatar
Jess

Reply from Family Building Society

Dear Jess, Thanks for your review and feedback. I understand that someone from our Loans Underwriting team has now been in touch to help with the issue you experienced. If you need any further help, please call our Family Service Team on 03330 140146 or email mortgage.service@familybsoc.co.uk

Windfall Bond

Staff are helpful. Money is safe. In keeping with most savings accounts, little return on investment.

Reviewed on 29th December 2020

Members Questionnaire

Their annual questionnaire shows a good grasp of what matters to members.

Reviewed on 10th December 2020

Savings

Savings with a flutter !!

See above !hmmmmmmmmmm......"......"....!

Reviewed on 2nd December 2020

Pretty good

They’re pretty good products that are well communicated. The 10k minimum is a bit high and exclusive and sadly I’ve never won. The interest is a little low... like everywhere else and their website is a little outdated. But it’s tried and tested and it works. I also really like the way they personalise their letters to me.

Reviewed on 28th November 2020

Savings

My accounts are managed on line but my experience has been that when I need to contact them they have offered great support- knowledgable, reasonably quick to resolve an issue ; and they answer the phone promptly!

Windfall account

Easy enough to open, good service, fun way to invest

Savings

Great staff and great products

We are modest users only with two savings products one of which was a Power of Attorney Account. With other institutions the procedure for opening such an account was fraught with difficulties. With the FBS it was simple but thorough and secure with staff being very helpful throughout.

Savings

The most consistent savings rates

Have been with the Society for over 30 years. Their rates are rarely uncompetitive

Reviewed on 24th November 2020

Savings

Excellent service from staff, who are excellently led.

Although, they offer excellent online facilities - my preferred way-if you have to use the phone there is easy access and if a helpful answer is not immediately possible, you are rung back in good time.

Reviewed on 24th November 2020

Savings

I always feel welcome when I visit the Epsom branch and this encourages me to continue using FBS. I have always found a competitive account.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2020

Very Good

Know what they are doing unlike the banks

Reviewed on 22nd November 2020

A very good Building Society

Always polite and helpful whenever I have had occasion to phone with a query.

Reviewed on 21st November 2020

Mortgages

The Family Building Society is a Flexible Building Society who are willing to listen.

Thankfully The Family Building Society were able to help us. A few years ago. as a retired couple with a substantial pension for life, we found it very difficult to obtain a mortgage. At the time we were told by various companies that if we had a regular salary from an Employer we might be considered. A good pension and other strong investments were not recognised. Particular, due to the Covid virus people are struggling to pay their mortgages and in many unfortunate cases have been made redundant from the salaried jobs. We, having a secure pension for life, have continued to repay our mortgage on time.

Excellent Company

Feel our money is safe with The Family Building Society

great product

ISA pays good interest rate. usually one of the highest on the market.

Savings

Clear, concise and uncomplicated information

I trust the Family Building Society. They give a savings rate that matches anything else I can get for the amount of money I have and how I want access to it. Their communications are easily understood and I feel that they do care about their customers.

Mortgages

Excellent mortgage provider for people age 70 plus.

I was refused a mortgage by two mortgage lenders because of my age, 70 years. My broker introduced me to FBS and i was given a mortgage with my husband jointly, and it was simple and trouble free to arrange and to continue with.

Reviewed on 19th November 2020

COMPETITIVE PRODUCTS

The Family Building Society has the easiest and best website I have ever come across... well done Directors. john franklin

Reviewed on 19th November 2020