Family Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 378 reviews       Last review 1 day ago
  Visit Family Building Society

Family Building Society is a financial organisation specifically designed to help families who can work together to use their money and their assets more successfully. Smart Money People is the place for the Family Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Family Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Family Building Society Products 378

Excellent company.

Has been pleasant and simple journey from start to present. Completely satisfied.

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Mike Chaplin 's avatar
Mike Chaplin

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Mike. It's great to know you had such a good experience with us.

Family Building Society - a flexible friend

Definitely worthy of 'Five Stars'; very few mortgage providers offer mortgages to the elderly even if they are financially secure. The Family Building Society is one that does and does so efficiently and with reasonable terms, conditions and interest rates. Assessment and negotiation were thorough and the process helped and well supported by the adviser who kept us well informed.

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Jeff Norwood's avatar
Jeff Norwood

Reply from Family Building Society

Thanks for your review Jeff. We're really pleased we were able to help!

Mortgages for older folk

My previous household-name mortgage lender of many years standing could not provide a mortgage for older folk but FBS was willing to provide a loan which will end when I'm 75 which happens to suit my circumstances very well.

Reviewed on 12th November 2021
John's avatar
John

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review John. We're really pleased we were able to offer you a mortgage.

Excellent Service from Family Building Society

I spoke to Richard from the FBS today as I had a number of questions regarding my existing mortgage. My questions were fully answered in a very professional and friendly way. It was clear from the outset that Richard was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and I could not have asked for a better response to the queries I had

Reviewed on 8th November 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really good to hear you had such a positive experience with us and that Richard was able to help you.

Really helpful

Our initial 3 year tracker mortgage period was nearly over when we received information about switching to another discounted product. This was Good News! For various reasons we needed permission to let our property and the process for achieving this was a little prolonged (each time we submitted information the Society had requested we were asked for another document or piece of information) however everyone at the Society was very helpful and we have now received an offer on the new product.

Very pleased. Would recommend to anyone in need of a mortgage.

Reviewed on 4th November 2021
Keith Bell's avatar
Keith Bell

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your recommendation Keith. It's great to hear you we were able to help!

Advice and guidance from Skev Georgiou this morning-Thursdy 4-11-21

After no follow up from Francesca (despite two telephone messages left) and a no call from Matthew (appointment call arranged for 3pm on Tuesday 2-11-21 via Francesca) we called Head... Read more

After no follow up from Francesca (despite two telephone messages left) and a no call from Matthew (appointment call arranged for 3pm on Tuesday 2-11-21 via Francesca) we called Head Office.
My wife and I were very fortunate that our call was answered by Skev who was able to deal with all our questions which we had hoped to deal with on the 2-11-21.
Skev is a credit to the Family Building Society-he was very helpful and patient with us-many thanks.

Reviewed on 4th November 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review. We'll look into the issues you've raised but we're very pleased that Skev was able to help you.

Could help customers more

I had successive reductions in interest rates to my online saver account until it was only 0.2% p.a.. I later found out that Family Building Society has another account - Premium Saver - which gives 3x as much interest and is equally suitable for me. Why don't Family Building Society advise customers when there is a superior product available?

Reviewed on 30th October 2021
Clare Wilson's avatar
Clare Wilson

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking to time to leave feedback - we’re always looking at ways to improve our service and will ensure your comments are passed on to the relevant team so that they can consider introducing any improvements to our customer communications going forward. We are sorry to hear you’re disappointed about not being informed of our new products. As a smaller Society it isn’t always practical for us to advise every member when a new product is released. We have to balance the money we hold for our savers against the money we lend on our mortgages and this affects the rates of interest and savings products we can offer. We are, of course, always happy to discuss our product range over the phone and all of our current products are also on our website, familybuildingsociety.co.uk

Very Helpful Service

I received a call back with 10 minutes and the staff member that phoned me was very helpful in dealing with my enquiry. Thanks and I look forward to being a member of the Family Buildibg Society

Reviewed on 29th October 2021
Graham Oliver's avatar
Graham Oliver

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Graham. We look forward to you joining us!

Mortgages

Helpful response to interaction with Family B. Soc.

Since my introduction to Family Building Society I have always been treated with friendly and informed attention. The Society's services are clearly described and explained and the staff are well trained and helpful.

Reviewed on 27th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really glad we able to help!

Savings

Small but in the competition

After initially receiving a poor response to an enquiry I made the officer responding to my disappointment was excellent and my account is operating well. I put the initial 'hiccup' down to the fact the first agent did not read my enquiry before responding. These things happen.
As to FBS in the marketplace, I am pleased at its competitive stance.and will continue to use it in the future

Reviewed on 26th October 2021
Frank Gee's avatar
Frank Gee

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your review, Frank! I'm glad we overcame the initial hiccup and that your account is operating well now.

Excellent customer service

Brenda answered the phone straight away and had the answers to my questions at her fingertips. Very impressive service. And it was a Monday morning too!

Reviewed on 25th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that Brenda was able to help.

Family Building Society: excellent service, highly recommended

Family Building Society have truly been excellent. In fact, more than excellent. Right from the start I felt they listened, understood my needs, and delivered beyond my expectations. Without question, all of the people I dealt with were polite, professional and did what they said they would do. The communication was brilliant, and I was kept informed every step of the way. In particular I want to say a special "thank you" to Richard Oddy, the person I had most contact with on a daily basis, as well as Keith Hickman who made every effort to make sure that the transaction went through in a timely manner. Each and every member of staff that I had contact with from beginning to end were very good. I felt I really was part of a family and that is special. Thank you all.

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your review! We're really glad to hear that Richard and Keith were able to help you and that you had a positive experience overall.

Great company

Had no problems since day one only been straight forward and nice people to deal with

Leslie Collinge's avatar
Leslie Collinge

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Leslie!

Great company

No Problems with this Building Socy

Leslie Collinge's avatar
Leslie Collinge

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your review, Leslie! We're glad to hear you had a great experience.

Top company

A first rate company whose customer services department is second to none

Reviewed on 14th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased we were able to help!

Incredible support for landlords

Dealing with Family Building Society, and especially Linda originating our buy to let, could not have been easier. Very profession and efficient. Highly recommend to all landlords.

Reviewed on 30th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased Linda was able to help with your Buy to Let application.

Mortgage product assessment

We needed to discuss the options coming up as our current mortgage product is about to end and we need to decide what to do next. Extremely helpful person guided us through the options in a way that made perfect sense.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear we were able to help!

Recent Mortgage Application

We recently submitted a mortgage application and wanted to take the time to say thank you - the people we dealt with were incredible (Blaine, the UW and Michelle, the BDM). So quick to respond and willing to assist with any questions. They both made a slightly tricky application straight forward. Thank you so much, it really is appreciated by ourselves and our client.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2021
Ian Nance's avatar
Ian Nance

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Ian. We're really glad Blaine and Michelle were able to help with your client's application.

Initial mortgage discussion

I spoke at length to Brenda Williams about porting our existing mortgage and some additional borrowing. She was very helpful and now I feel certain that we can proceed to the next stage in the near future.

Reviewed on 10th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to know Brenda was able to assist you and we hope we can continue to help with porting your mortgage.

Poor Service opening Windfall Bond

Information was miskeyed by Family BS when I requested a joint Windfall Bond, which resulted in unnecessary correspondence and delay with my application.

Reviewed on 10th September 2021
Nigel Bishop's avatar
Nigel Bishop

Reply from Family Building Society

We’re very sorry to hear about the issues you had in applying for a Windfall Bond and for the delays you experienced. Please let us know if we can do anything further to help.