Family Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 73 reviews Last review 1 month ago
4.26 / 5Great overall rating

Family Building Society is a financial organisation specifically designed to help families who can work together to use their money and their assets more successfully. Smart Money People is the place for the Family Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Your Family Building Society Reviews (73)

6th February 2019

Simple and Seamless

Good products, simple terminology, good communication. Have just re-mortgaged due to their performance over the last three years.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Janette, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. I’m so glad we could help you with your mortgage. Thanks, Vicky
4th February 2019

Family Building Society ISA

I think Family Building Society are really good with their interest rates so that is why I have stuck with them for so long. I always get informed about any changes which is also great.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
4th February 2019

Really helpful team

Great to have access to a support team who are friendly and helpful.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Claire, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. I’m so glad we could help you with your mortgage. Thanks, Vicky
3rd February 2019

Flexible product. Communications not ideal

A great product for parents wanting to help their children to buy a place. My one gripe is with the communications. The statements are infrequent (annual by letter). I would like to be able to check the balance on line.

Reply from Family Building Society
Dear Miss Galton, Thank you for your feedback regarding your account. As you have an online account you are able to view your balance online as long as you have entered your verification code successfully. If you need any further help, please email savings.service@familybsoc.co.uk or call our Family Service Team on 03330 140144.
3rd February 2019

Excellent customer service. Always extremely helpful. If anything requires clarification customer services always phone to ensure that we receive the correct information.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
1st February 2019

Brilliant so far

So far we haven’t had any problems. The girls on the telephone have been brilliant and everything has gone through smoothly

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jenny, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
31st January 2019

Overall very good.

Took a bit long firstly about two weeks getting answers to questions then with docs not arriving and then after a week docs not yet sent, but good result in being able to switch mortgage and also pay down my mortgage. NCBS honoured original terms despite the delay out of time. We got there
and staff were helpful so very happy about it all.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi again Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. I’m so glad we could help you with your mortgage. Thanks, Vicky
31st January 2019

Tracker Bonds

Having searched around for the best interest rates, we were fortunate to find the Family Building Society. The rates on tracker bonds are linked to bank rate and over the last few years the monthly interest we receive has been higher than any other investments.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
30th January 2019

Quick to answer, no long introductory message, positive replies

Your ISA market rate - 1.33% at the moment - is goodish news in a poorly performing market. I don't normally recommend services, since my experience may not reflect other peoples', but I make an exception for the FBS

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jon, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
29th January 2019

Windfall bond

Get the feeling that Windfall bond holders are second class savers, why not let us know each month, even if we have not won, by email?

Reply from Family Building Society
Thank you for your question regarding the Windfall Bond. The Windfall Bond draw is on 10th of the month and winners are notified within 10 days of the draw. We are required to verify the winning account holders before we can publish their information. We aim to have our winners list published on our website as soon as all account holders are verified, and some months this process can be quicker than others. However, your feedback is appreciated and I have passed your comments regarding e-mail notification to the relevant team, so that they can consider any improvements to our communications in this regard. If you need any further help, please email savings.service@familybsoc.co.uk or call our Family Service Team on 03330 140144. Thanks, Vicky
29th January 2019

A grand little Building Society

I hadn't even heard of this Building Society {BS} when a friend recommended the Family BS. I was looking put somewhere to put some money where I could get instant access and a decent rate of interest in these difficult times for savers. ...

The Family BS met that requirement. Opening the account was easy and straight forward and they seem like a decent set of people to deal with. I would recommend them.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
27th January 2019

ISA

I'm not a big saver but Family Building Society made it eay for me to set up and now with an on-line service. They don't bombard you with paperwork and offers just key one's that could afect your saving decisions

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
27th January 2019

saving/mortgage

Out of all building society's I chose family because there is a possibility I may apply for a mortgage. I will be 75 this year and the family does not say "hard luck go away" Never the less I am loosing money due to inflation, thus, if I think I will never be able to buy a house I will seek better return for my savings.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
26th January 2019

I can't use online access

I am trying to re-register for online access (I had this before but the system has changed). Seemed to go fine - I got the two emails and did the next step (creating password and deciding on a memorable word), Then I got an email asking me to call support. I did. They had a look. Asked me to re-register. Before I got round to this... I received the security letter (so perhaps it is working) - this told me to log in and then... but no when I try to log in "Account Locked" and "call support". So then I tried to re-register and... it sends me a reminder of my login ID and that is all. A wee bit miffed.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi David, thanks for your review and feedback. So I can get this sorted out for you, please could you email your details to savings.service@familybsoc.co.uk or call our Family Service Team on 03330 140144. Thanks, Vicky