Want to share your consumer credit feedback? Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2019 is now open!Vote now

Family Building Society Savings Reviews

Ratings based on 58 reviews Last review 3 weeks ago

The Family Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at the Family Building Society. How easy is it to contact the Family Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Family Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Your Savings Reviews (58)

4th May 2019

Gold Crown Service

Very professional an efficient organisation to deal with....

Very professional an efficient organisation to deal with.
The Family Building Society have also demonstrated great customer service. They answer the phone quickly, their staff are respectful, polite, professional, a pleasure to deal with. I wish more organisations could deliver like FBS.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Kerry, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and to give us such lovely feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
3rd May 2019

Windfall Bonds - A Wasted Opportunity

I have just received the annual statement for our £120,000 'invested' in 'Windfall Bonds'. We made exactly £ 136.42. When we kept just £ 100k in Premium Bonds we received this sum most months in prizes! Yes, statistically the Windfall Bonds are more likely to pay out; practically, however, they are the poorer performer.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Richard, thanks for your review and feedback. I am sorry you are disappointed with the interest you’ve received from your Windfall Bonds. There are 2 elements to the Windfall Bond, an interest rate linked to the Bank of England Rate and the chance of winning in our monthly prize draw. The number of Windfall Bonds qualifying for entry to the draw varies from month to month, as some bonds are withdrawn and others purchased. In order to keep the chance of winning a prize constant and known in advance, 10,000 unique tickets are entered into each monthly draw. Each qualifying bond is allocated one of these tickets. In each monthly draw thirteen winning tickets are drawn at random by an independent third party appointed by the Society. A prize is paid for every qualifying bond allocated to a winning ticket. No prize is paid for any of the thirteen tickets drawn that are not allocated to a qualifying bond. I would stress that the draw is designed in such a way that each bond has the same chance of winning a prize each month irrespective of the actual number of bonds qualifying for a ticket that month. For more information about how the Windfall Bond works please visit https://familybuildingsociety.co.uk/Savings/Accounts/WB_how-it-works.aspx We do have other savings accounts, some which pay a higher rate of interest. Please see our website https://familybuildingsociety.co.uk/Savings/Savings-home.aspx
15th February 2019

Impressed with service

Had a bit of a problem using their online service, so phoned. Response received immediately with exactly the help I required.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
4th February 2019

Family Building Society ISA

I think Family Building Society are really good with their interest rates so that is why I have stuck with them for so long. I always get informed about any changes which is also great.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
3rd February 2019

Excellent customer service. Always extremely helpful. If anything requires clarification customer services always phone to ensure that we receive the correct information.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
1st February 2019

Brilliant so far

So far we haven’t had any problems. The girls on the telephone have been brilliant and everything has gone through smoothly

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jenny, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
31st January 2019

Tracker Bonds

Having searched around for the best interest rates, we were fortunate to find the Family Building Society. The rates on tracker bonds are linked to bank rate and over the last few years the monthly interest we receive has been higher than any other investments.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Janice, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
30th January 2019

Quick to answer, no long introductory message, positive replies

Your ISA market rate - 1.33% at the moment - is goodish news in a poorly performing market. I don't normally recommend services, since my experience may not reflect other peoples', but I make an exception for the FBS

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Jon, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky

Windfall bond

Get the feeling that Windfall bond holders are second class savers, why not let us know each month, even if we have not won, by email?

Reply from Family Building Society
Thank you for your question regarding the Windfall Bond. The Windfall Bond draw is on 10th of the month and winners are notified within 10 days of the draw. We are required to verify the winning account holders before we can publish their information. We aim to have our winners list published on our website as soon as all account holders are verified, and some months this process can be quicker than others. However, your feedback is appreciated and I have passed your comments regarding e-mail notification to the relevant team, so that they can consider any improvements to our communications in this regard. If you need any further help, please email savings.service@familybsoc.co.uk or call our Family Service Team on 03330 140144. Thanks, Vicky

A grand little Building Society

I hadn't even heard of this Building Society {BS} when a friend recommended the Family BS. I was looking put somewhere to put some money where I could get instant access and a decent rate of interest in these difficult times for savers. ...

The Family BS met that requirement. Opening the account was easy and straight forward and they seem like a decent set of people to deal with. I would recommend them.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky

They listen to customers

Online Account opening now very efficient and market leading products available.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
27th January 2019

ISA

I'm not a big saver but Family Building Society made it eay for me to set up and now with an on-line service. They don't bombard you with paperwork and offers just key one's that could afect your saving decisions

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky
27th January 2019

saving/mortgage

Out of all building society's I chose family because there is a possibility I may apply for a mortgage. I will be 75 this year and the family does not say "hard luck go away" Never the less I am loosing money due to inflation, thus, if I think I will never be able to buy a house I will seek better return for my savings.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky

good savings rate

been a good rate for saving.a great home to have your isa at the moment hopefully it will get even better.

26th January 2019

I can't use online access

I am trying to re-register for online access (I had this before but the system has changed). Seemed to go fine - I got the two emails and did the next step (creating password and deciding on a memorable word), Then I got an email asking me to call support. I did. They had a look. Asked me to re-register. Before I got round to this... I received the security letter (so perhaps it is working) - this told me to log in and then... but no when I try to log in "Account Locked" and "call support". So then I tried to re-register and... it sends me a reminder of my login ID and that is all. A wee bit miffed.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi David, thanks for your review and feedback. So I can get this sorted out for you, please could you email your details to savings.service@familybsoc.co.uk or call our Family Service Team on 03330 140144. Thanks, Vicky

Quick, simple and straightforward

Couldn't have been easier to set up an account. To make a payment or withdrawal is also straightforward, quick and instant.

Reply from Family Building Society
Hi Janet, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for giving us such positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky