Family Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 107 reviews       Last review 4 days ago
  Visit website

Family Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Family Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Family Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Family Building Society's Mortgages now

Friendly mortgage enquiry.

I received a friendly and helpful response to an enquiry as to whether myself and my husband could acquire a later life mortgage.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to know we were able to help with your enquiry.

Choosing new mortgage product

Received information in response to my questions clearly and concisely. Extremely helpful

Reviewed on 14th December 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so pleased you found us to be extremely helpful!

Super fast renewal

I have to say, even “speed of light” would not do enough justice to the speed of renewal of my mortgage with the FBS. It took me a couple of clicks to ask for a product switch variation offer online. Less than 24h later, I got the offer, a simple 5p documents, along with two single-page documents to sign and send by email. Less than 24h later, on a Saturday (!), I received the product switch acknowledgment letter by email, telling me that FBS will switch my account when my current product expires. Done, end of the story :-)
And the total cost: GBP 100.
What's not to like?!

Reviewed on 13th December 2021
Walid Fayad's avatar
Walid Fayad

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review Walid. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience with us.

Review

Fully satisfied with the Society and service provided.

Reviewed on 7th December 2021
E. H. Williams's avatar
E. H. Williams

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to know we were able to help!

The Human contact

Easy to work with, speak with a person, efficient, a good selection of products a pleasant change from pressing numbers and being asked are you a robot?

Reviewed on 29th November 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to know you like our personal approach!

Family Building Society - a flexible friend

Definitely worthy of 'Five Stars'; very few mortgage providers offer mortgages to the elderly even if they are financially secure. The Family Building Society is one that does and does so efficiently and with reasonable terms, conditions and interest rates. Assessment and negotiation were thorough and the process helped and well supported by the adviser who kept us well informed.

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Jeff Norwood's avatar
Jeff Norwood

Reply from Family Building Society

Thanks for your review Jeff. We're really pleased we were able to help!

Mortgages for older folk

My previous household-name mortgage lender of many years standing could not provide a mortgage for older folk but FBS was willing to provide a loan which will end when I'm 75 which happens to suit my circumstances very well.

Reviewed on 12th November 2021
John's avatar
John

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review John. We're really pleased we were able to offer you a mortgage.

Excellent Service from Family Building Society

I spoke to Richard from the FBS today as I had a number of questions regarding my existing mortgage. My questions were fully answered in a very professional and friendly way. It was clear from the outset that Richard was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and I could not have asked for a better response to the queries I had

Reviewed on 8th November 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really good to hear you had such a positive experience with us and that Richard was able to help you.

Really helpful

Our initial 3 year tracker mortgage period was nearly over when we received information about switching to another discounted product. This was Good News! For various reasons we needed permission to let our property and the process for achieving this was a little prolonged (each time we submitted information the Society had requested we were asked for another document or piece of information) however everyone at the Society was very helpful and we have now received an offer on the new product.

Very pleased. Would recommend to anyone in need of a mortgage.

Reviewed on 4th November 2021
Keith Bell's avatar
Keith Bell

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your recommendation Keith. It's great to hear you we were able to help!

Advice and guidance from Skev Georgiou this morning-Thursdy 4-11-21

After no follow up from Francesca (despite two telephone messages left) and a no call from Matthew (appointment call arranged for 3pm on Tuesday 2-11-21 via Francesca) we called Head... Read more

After no follow up from Francesca (despite two telephone messages left) and a no call from Matthew (appointment call arranged for 3pm on Tuesday 2-11-21 via Francesca) we called Head Office.
My wife and I were very fortunate that our call was answered by Skev who was able to deal with all our questions which we had hoped to deal with on the 2-11-21.
Skev is a credit to the Family Building Society-he was very helpful and patient with us-many thanks.

Reviewed on 4th November 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review. We'll look into the issues you've raised but we're very pleased that Skev was able to help you.

Helpful response to interaction with Family B. Soc.

Since my introduction to Family Building Society I have always been treated with friendly and informed attention. The Society's services are clearly described and explained and the staff are well trained and helpful.

Reviewed on 27th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really glad we able to help!

Excellent customer service

Brenda answered the phone straight away and had the answers to my questions at her fingertips. Very impressive service. And it was a Monday morning too!

Reviewed on 25th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that Brenda was able to help.

Family Building Society: excellent service, highly recommended

Family Building Society have truly been excellent. In fact, more than excellent. Right from the start I felt they listened, understood my needs, and delivered beyond my expectations. Without question, all of the people I dealt with were polite, professional and did what they said they would do. The communication was brilliant, and I was kept informed every step of the way. In particular I want to say a special "thank you" to Richard Oddy, the person I had most contact with on a daily basis, as well as Keith Hickman who made every effort to make sure that the transaction went through in a timely manner. Each and every member of staff that I had contact with from beginning to end were very good. I felt I really was part of a family and that is special. Thank you all.

Reviewed on 24th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your review! We're really glad to hear that Richard and Keith were able to help you and that you had a positive experience overall.

Top company

A first rate company whose customer services department is second to none

Reviewed on 14th October 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased we were able to help!

Incredible support for landlords

Dealing with Family Building Society, and especially Linda originating our buy to let, could not have been easier. Very profession and efficient. Highly recommend to all landlords.

Reviewed on 30th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased Linda was able to help with your Buy to Let application.

Mortgage product assessment

We needed to discuss the options coming up as our current mortgage product is about to end and we need to decide what to do next. Extremely helpful person guided us through the options in a way that made perfect sense.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear we were able to help!

Recent Mortgage Application

We recently submitted a mortgage application and wanted to take the time to say thank you - the people we dealt with were incredible (Blaine, the UW and Michelle, the BDM). So quick to respond and willing to assist with any questions. They both made a slightly tricky application straight forward. Thank you so much, it really is appreciated by ourselves and our client.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2021
Ian Nance's avatar
Ian Nance

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Ian. We're really glad Blaine and Michelle were able to help with your client's application.

Initial mortgage discussion

I spoke at length to Brenda Williams about porting our existing mortgage and some additional borrowing. She was very helpful and now I feel certain that we can proceed to the next stage in the near future.

Reviewed on 10th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to know Brenda was able to assist you and we hope we can continue to help with porting your mortgage.

Later Life Mortgage

Richard of the new business team couldn’t have been more helpful. He took me through the whole process clearly and in detail. As an existing customer he confirmed to me what a good company this is

Reviewed on 9th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really good to know you had such a great experience with us.

Later Life Mortgage

Richard from the mortgage team couldn’t have been more helpful. He took me through the whole process very clearly and as an existing client he confirmed to me what an excellent organisation this is

Reviewed on 9th September 2021

Reply from Family Building Society

Thank for taking the time to lave a review. We're really glad Richard was able to help you!