AA: Personal Loan reviews

Based on 36 reviews, last reviewed 19th Jan 2023

Good service Good service, quick response, highly recommend Reviewed on: 14th January 2023

Very insensitive My late son had a loan with AA. He passed away in May 2020. After his death the loan was written off (as required by law). Every year since then AA se... Read more Reviewed on: 19th January 2023
Andy Lee's avatar
Andy Lee

About the Personal Loan

AA personal loan reviews on Smart Money People are honest reviews. If you're trying to determine whether this is the right personal loan for you, reading our AA personal loan reviews can help you to find out what other people have to say. Smart Money People launched in October 2014 to help people like you to find the best personal loans. If you have used a AA personal loan, we'd love you to write a quick review too.

Review AA: Personal Loan now

AA Personal Loan reviews (36)

Very insensitive

My late son had a loan with AA. He passed away in May 2020. After his death the loan was written off (as required by law). Every year since then AA send an annual statement (in my sons name) with an outstanding balance. I have rung every year (3 times now) and each time they assure me they will drop the letters. The letters are a terrible reminder of what happened and I just wish they would stop. Reviewed on: 19th January 2023
Andy Lee's avatar
Andy Lee

Good service

Good service, quick response, highly recommend Reviewed on: 14th January 2023

I felt like others - I need to write about my experience !READ IT!

Forget the eligibility checks! The real form will ask you for your debt, mortgage/ rent payments and they will ask you for your salary, be prepared to admit the truth. Firstly yes everyone advertises low APR rates, and by now be prepared to understand you will not get this rate, count yourself lucky if you do not, My application was processed and money in my account in 1.5 days, money always should be in your account by 14:30 - 15:00 before the working day cut off. I have given 3 stars for “Good Customer Experience” simply because of the following; I earn a fair amount which is considered a good wage, I have a low mortgage payment, and low bills. My Credit score is high, between Good/ Excellent between all the different credit agencies. Now AA and other lenders “obviously” know that if you “applied” for a loan and you know it will affect your Credit score with a hard search. You have done your search and now you are given double the Interest rate, this just makes me believe that the Lenders know…. after giving your financial history, and credit history, you have “Credit utilisation” to spare, than they will take advantage of that and offer you a double rate than advertised. This is what happened to me, unfortunately I am in a situation where I needed the money, this was my option and I am happy and content with the payments. Good luck to you all because the reviews are awful, and AA have a strict criteria, so if you missed payments I think it’s best not to apply. Reviewed on: 12th January 2023
R - Credit's avatar
R - Credit

Miss leading and dishonest

AA loans are to be avoided, they where recommended to me by a comparison site. Offered me a very competitive rate of 5% for a car loan. When I actually applied and they completed a Hard Credit search. They offered me nearly a 20% APR despite my credit being 991 out of 1000 on Experian. And earning £60k with zero debts at all. I was looking to borrow £20k and their quote I would have paid over £28k back!!! I was horrified - the next day I went into the main dealer and they financed me at 5% APR. Avoid AA like the plague! Their Trustpilot score is abysmal. Reviewed on: 12th January 2023
Stephen Burke's avatar
Stephen Burke

Do you have a different AA product?

AA has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products