Great Western Credit Union Loans Reviews

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Your Loans Reviews

Review Great Western Credit Union's Loans now

Brilliant way to save

I trust Credit Union to help me save, their customer service is compassionate and efficient.

Reviewed on 18th August 2020
angela's avatar
angela

Fabulous costumers service

Good services and nice people working in that company

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Suyang Odin Princess Arly's avatar
Suyang Odin Princess Arly

Friendly, local service

BCU has a number of local access points across the area it covers which is very useful if travelling or digital access is a problem. But I have to also say it’s website has improved so much over the past months it’s made online interaction much easier ... Read more

BCU has a number of local access points across the area it covers which is very useful if travelling or digital access is a problem. But I have to also say it’s website has improved so much over the past months it’s made online interaction much easier too.

Reviewed on 29th July 2020
Karen Green's avatar
Karen Green

Greatest smallest credit uninon

Happy to help always. Professional very polite and kind staff.

Reviewed on 16th July 2020
Dezider Maximus Klempar's avatar
Dezider Maximus Klempar

No need rewiev

A good experience,you is good service

Reviewed on 15th July 2020
Corina Stefan's avatar
Corina Stefan

Everything about credit union is on point

Reviewed on 14th July 2020
Dora Adu's avatar
Dora Adu

Always friendly and helpful

Always happy to help and very polite

Reviewed on 14th July 2020
Sarah 's avatar
Sarah

On the road to redemption

Bristol Credit Union provided me with two loans since October 2019. I paid one off with no hidden early overpayment prices, and another is the most affordable unnoticed direct debit or standing order I have ever had. Bristol Credit Union allowed me to move into my new flat with ease and without any bother in style. Christmas was a doddle.
Thanks Bristol Credit Union.

Andrew Hill's avatar
Andrew Hill

Fantastic

Frequently go above and beyond. Highly recommended. I've been a member for 15yrs.

Asim Ilyas's avatar
Asim Ilyas

Ethical lender

Clearly outlined and explained lending process. Very low interest rate.

Ndi John 's avatar
Ndi John

Excellent Customer Service

Introduced to this company many years now. Had been made redundant and had a high credit card debt. Assisted me with paying back the debt and keeping within my budget!! Thanks for your help , can't stop praising you all.

Jacqui Cunningham's avatar
Jacqui Cunningham

If It Wasn't For BCU

Single parent living in locally no job no prospects just a spiraling downwards, no one to help finacially and trying to give your kids a better life also trying to give yourself a better life. To earn respect gain trust when banks and other lenders won't even give you a chance of non of the above.
But then I joined BCU who gave me support and trust to get that better life I desrve also my kids. They were the first people to tell me about credit scoring and why the banks won't help people like myself in similar circumstances. Even tho sometimes I would get angry if I was refused a loan but I was told why. I think being treated like a person and not judged by data and understanding why everyone is different is a good feeling. They don't make you feel worthless for the things you ask for or need. I know I need so much help through the six weeks holidays then buying new uniforms for school it's so hard.
After a few years of being a member I've acheived so much, but most of all trust I've never missed a payment and I can save a little sometimes but when something comes up BCU will transfer what I've got no penalties. They are a real friendly bunch who laugh and joke with their customers and call them by their first names that makes all the difference. Now they are giving to the less fotunate kids at BAWAC so they can compete and accomplish their goals in track and field. Which is amazing to bring these kids together to socialise and make friends from all walks of life along with their parents. So if it wasn't for BCU I wouldn't have acheived any of this neither would my family or the other youths. To be quite honest I don't know where I would be but I know it wouldn't be in a good place.
So don't feel embarrassed to ask for help as everyone needs help some more than others and BCU do listen and try to help in every way even with some good advice.
At least you feel like a human and not like a number.

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Marcia Brady's avatar
Marcia Brady

You only pay what you can afford weekly, Monthly

The percentage you pay back is really good, the people are lovely the form is really easy to fill out and just overall a really good place for people with not a lot of money!

Cherry constant 's avatar
Cherry constant

Brilliant

Credit union is a brilliant way to borrow money when in need and not miss a payment paying it back. Fantastic for families.

Laur's avatar
Laur

Best customer service.. really helpfully

Best customer service.. really helpfully ....

Bulent 's avatar
Bulent

'From the depths of Despair and Desperation...'

'When you've been at rock bottom, with nowhere to turn, your life ripped apart by circumstances beyond your control, all i had left was my self-belief...and willingness to continue to help others, Bristol Credit Union thankfully provided me with affordable funds that helped me through that period. I have been a customer/member for over 5 years and I owe my recovery to the understanding and standard of service, always with a smile, portrayed by all the staff and management. Unequaled by their high Service standards...Unbeaten in their Dedication, Bristol Credit Union deserve a Gold Award. Thoroughly, highly recommended in a much maligned industry.

Michael Grice's avatar
Michael Grice

easy to arrange

We used a loan from BCU to buy a second hand car. Then a couple of years later, our other car needed to be replaced. BCU were very flexible and allowed us to increase our loan, but stick to the same monthly repayments over a longer time. This really helped.

Harry Partington's avatar
Harry Partington

A banking system with humans who care

Its great to be able to save for the way you want to save - handing cash over at a community out reach session or at the office. When you need a boost of funds for what ever reason - Bristol Credit Union will help you and work with you with a loan. Staff are polite and reproachable and have a willingness to help. Thank you Bristol Credit Union!

Tracey Phillips's avatar
Tracey Phillips

Reliable and supportive

Bristol credit union has been a support when I have needed it. It's processes are quick and reliable and I can save direct from my payroll

M's avatar
M

Great service to consolidate loans

Most lenders wouldn't help BCU had some humans look at the situation and offered a solution which is helping me out of my sticky situation.

Barn's avatar