Cedar Tree Travel Insurance Reviews

Want to read or write Cedar Tree travel insurance reviews? You’ve come to the right place, as Smart Money People is the UK’s #1 site for financial services reviews. Our community shares their experiences of using Cedar Tree so that people like you can make better informed decisions about their travel insurance options. Already had a Cedar Tree travel insurance policy? Post a review and help others by sharing your own experience today!

Cedar Tree Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review Cedar Tree's Travel Insurance now

Good clear travel insurance

Really easy process and clear illustration of what i was getting with my travel insurance

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
insuranceemma's avatar
insuranceemma

Poor

Purchased travel insurance policy via Top Cashback and was happy to pay that little bit more for the policy on the understanding that I would receive cashback from Top Cashback as an incentive. Cedar Tree, I am told by Top Cashback, refused to acknowledge the fact that I had gone through Top Cashback (which I did) and so refused to pay cashback. Very disappointed.

Reviewed on 26th August 2020
Graham's avatar
Graham

NO REFUND, LACK OF SUPPORT, BETTER GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

I have been with Cedar Tree for around 3 years now, not having to claim until half a year ago when my trip to Mexico was cancelled because of COVID by the airline. The airline only gave an option of a voucher which wasn’t a choice for me as wouldn’t know if I can travel soon, and when the airline goes bust you can’t do anything with it. But Cedar Tree made a point there that I should take the voucher and they won’t refund me even if I can’t travel next year. I have a Travel Disruption cover for situation like this but apparently it doesn’t work in this case. Not sure really when it works. In case of taking a voucher, I wouldn’t be able to seek assistance anywhere else, like my bank, Pay Pal, etc. so thank you for a great advice Cedar Tree. Also, to add to this, The European Commission called it unlawful for only giving voucher option and not a full refund by the airline (quote below), but Cedar Tree still advised to go with that option as they wouldn’t refund me if I was offered a voucher to use it later in the year. (btw, I have it all in emails).
Before Cedar Tree even starts considering your claim, you need to seek refunds yourself with other sources like your credit card, Pay Pal or directly with the company. With my trip, I managed to get better support with Pay Pal, booking.com, and eventually my bank. Cedar Tree response at that time still was that I should get a voucher. I will consider other insurance companies for the next term. And strongly advise if you are thinking of choosing Cedar Tree.

‘The European Commission is now to write a letter to all EU member states reminding them that airlines should be sanctioned if they violate passenger rights – including by refusing to offer refunds. An EU official said: ‘The law is clear. Passengers should be able to choose between a cash refund or other funds of reimbursement such as a voucher.’

Reviewed on 16th August 2020
Michal K's avatar
Michal K

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM

Purchased insurance for a holiday to Australia scheduled in March 2020. Absolutely awful service. On hold for 3 hours 40 minutes to make a claim. When the lady answered I could hear people laughing in the back ground, clearly too busy to answer the... Read more

Purchased insurance for a holiday to Australia scheduled in March 2020. Absolutely awful service. On hold for 3 hours 40 minutes to make a claim. When the lady answered I could hear people laughing in the back ground, clearly too busy to answer the phone.

Waited a week for a claims pack to arrive via email, no sign of it so tried to call again. Gave up after a few hours!

Reviewed on 27th March 2020
Mark's avatar
Mark

Excellent customer service

On our last trip abroad my eldest son picked up an ear infection so we were unable to flight home when we should of. Was helped with new accommodation and fight home A++

Reviewed on 4th October 2019
Duncan Robson's avatar
Duncan Robson

Excellent peace of mind

Had to make a claim, as it was a very upsetting time for us they sorted it all out very quickly and we got our money back.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2019
Louisa Sandford's avatar
Louisa Sandford

NOING THAT YOU CARE

All bases covered give me my security if anything happens,God forbid but you have to enjoy life and this is part of the package. Gives you confidence to really have no worries

Reviewed on 5th September 2019
Dave Speedy's avatar
Dave Speedy

quick and easy to set up ,no fuss and competetive pricing

does what is says on the tin, the right insurance at the right price.

Reviewed on 5th September 2019
george johnson's avatar
george johnson

Value for money

This company can offer insurance for people who have medical conditions. They are very helpful and try to find as cheap a price for the best cover

Angela Richardson's avatar
Angela Richardson

Helpful and easy to use

The few issues I've had it's been easy to contact someone. The information is clear and the price is good.

Hayley Leanne's avatar
Hayley Leanne

Best Experience

It's always hassle free and stress free travel for me. I don't need to run to different insurance companies for each and every issue I faced whether traveling, health, gadget, etc all in one place. Best experience using this insurance.

Sankalp's avatar
Sankalp

Good value for comprehensive cover

So far so good, good value, good cover policy, but not had to claim, so can’t comment on that

Nicoco 's avatar
Nicoco

Good company

I have been with them for a couple of years now. Last year I made a claim as my son fell ill during our holiday in Thailand. Everything went smoothly, they communicate well, I got all money back very quickly.

Karino's avatar
Karino

Very pleased

A reasonable cost and easy to set up. Easy to communicate via different methods too.

Rowena Bridges's avatar
Rowena Bridges

Competitive Price

Good price. App is good. Discount for renewing

Val Garrett's avatar
Val Garrett

Fantastic service

Great customer service and expert advice when having to make a claim. Renewal was a no brained...

Denise 's avatar
Denise

Indepth cover for all family,illnessess & All Ages

Fantastic friendly, reasonably priced,rewarded for remaining with them.

Suzanne Hutchison 's avatar
Suzanne Hutchison

Everything an online holiday insurance provider should be

Straightforward to apply, easy to follow, clear information and good follow up.

Steve's avatar
Steve

Good Value

Going on a worldwide holiday so needed the extra cover as I always have a Europe policy and cedar tree is good value for money

L Abbott's avatar
L Abbott

Easy and great value

Booking insurance with cedar tree is so easy and the rewards help by bringing the price down on future cover

Karen Meek's avatar