Saga Travel Insurance Reviews

Do you buy travel insurance before going abroad? There are hundreds of different travel insurance policies on the market, all designed to help you stay protected while travelling...and giving you piece of mind, whether you're enjoying a sun swept beach or on an adverture-packed holiday. But with so many different policies to choose from, finding the right policy for you can be quite confusing. Reading our Saga travel insurance reviews can help you find out what other travellers have to say. You can also write your Saga travel insurance review too!

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review Saga's Travel Insurance now

Don't be fooled

Saga travel regularly receives five star reviews from people who are astonished at how easy it to arrange, that is, how easy it is to hand their money over to Saga. When it comes to making a claim, however, invariably, one finds that the cover, the basis Read more

Saga travel regularly receives five star reviews from people who are astonished at how easy it to arrange, that is, how easy it is to hand their money over to Saga. When it comes to making a claim, however, invariably, one finds that the cover, the basis on which one took out the insurance in the first place, is an illusion. I took out travel insurance based on a summary of coverage which included 'Replacement flights up to £1,500' I received a 12 page policy document AFTER I had paid the premium, a fact in itself which must eventually lead to a challenge in the courts, in which there was nothing that could have led me to doubt that I was covered for replacement flights up to £1,500. However, when my BA flights were cancelled, with replacement flights offered so far in the future, relative to the length my holiday, that accepting them would have entailed an unacceptable loss, I purchased replacement flights for an amount far exceeding the value of the BA flights. I believed at the time that at least some of this loss would be reimbursed by Saga. On making a claim, however, I was referred to page 20 of the fine print (my policy document was 12 pages) informing me that no such cover was in place and that I was entitled to a few pounds for every 12 hours of lost holiday, plus refreshments and phone calls. Inveigling people to sign a contract and pay the consideration on the basis of a summary of cover, only to later adduce details not evident before the contract was signed, details which contain all the criteria and caveats that negate that summary of cover is, in effect, obtaining money by deception. Saga insurance is so easy to arrange precisely because the risk to them of actually paying out is so small.

Reviewed on 6th August 2022
andrew C's avatar
andrew C

Ridiculous price

Paid £700 to insure my husband and me for 5 week trip to Australia. Expensive but my husband has prostate cancer that has been treated and is now managed by hormone injections every 3 months. Tried to insure again for a 12-day holiday in the Dominican Rep Read more

Paid £700 to insure my husband and me for 5 week trip to Australia. Expensive but my husband has prostate cancer that has been treated and is now managed by hormone injections every 3 months. Tried to insure again for a 12-day holiday in the Dominican Republic for a family wedding. Quoted £1780. Rang to argue that he would not need treatment in those 12 days but was told ‘computer says no.’ No discussion. The whole point of Saga is insurance for the elderly but when it costs as much as the tickets, it’s ridiculous. Now insured for half the price with ‘Staysure’.

Reviewed on 30th July 2022
Julie Tamsin Reeves's avatar
Julie Tamsin Reeves

wont pay when you had medical emergency

My wife had a trip to Turkey for one month and I insured her for 45 days and chose Saga as which magazine recommended them. Policy nr:337277. Durin the trip she got sever infection Shingles and went to see a doctor and received some medication and now Read more

My wife had a trip to Turkey for one month and I insured her for 45 days and chose Saga as which magazine recommended them. Policy nr:337277. Durin the trip she got sever infection Shingles and went to see a doctor and received some medication and now she has a scar on her face and her back as a result of this infection. when we send the claim Saga refused to accept it saying that the cost of Dr visit and medication is below the excess. Although the exchange rate at the it means they do not pay you for after care that she needs in UK to get rid of the scars she has got if she can! and nothing for the pain and suffering !

Reviewed on 24th December 2021
sina mosharraf's avatar
sina mosharraf

Review of Travel Insurance

Easy to set up. Not going on holiday until Monday so hope I don’t have to use

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
Ali's avatar
Ali

Great product

really good product and value for money

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
Jane Tait's avatar
Jane Tait

Excellent customer service

Had a really easy time purchasing Saga Travel insurance. Agents were friendly and answered my questions about what myself and my husband are covered for while Covid exists.

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
Eleanor Keenan's avatar
Eleanor Keenan

I needed travel insurance for my husband and myself. We both have medical problems and Saga offered a good price. I had a further query and the representative I spoke to could not have kinder or more helpful.it was very reassuring for us both.

Reviewed on 7th October 2021
Hilary Jackson's avatar
Hilary Jackson

Comprehensive cover

One of the few firms to offer cover to older customers that includes active pursuits and non standard holidays without requiring excess payments. This means the actual cost of comprehensive cover is really competitive.

niki.e.dixon@icloud.com's avatar
niki.e.dixon@icloud.com

Peace of mind

Peace of mind is what Saga Travel Insurance gives its customers. This is particularly in the current testing times. Great support and excellent customer service.

davbea's avatar
davbea

Clear, straightforward and supported by well uniformed staff.

The great personal benefit for me was that I didn’t actually need to call upon the service - just knowing I would br taken care of filled me with confidence to go on the organised excursions.

Joan Cawdron's avatar
Joan Cawdron

Get Covered With Saga

The Saga website is simple to use and their pricing is very fair. They also insure many people who cannot get holiday cover with other companies. I recommend Saga to anyone.

Teedee's avatar
Teedee

Brilliant customer service

Saga were absolutely brilliant when they dealt with my travel claim last year following my repatriation home at the start of Covid. They were professional and efficient. This is the first time I’ve ever had to claim from my travel insurance and Saga mad Read more

Saga were absolutely brilliant when they dealt with my travel claim last year following my repatriation home at the start of Covid. They were professional and efficient. This is the first time I’ve ever had to claim from my travel insurance and Saga made the experience stress free and simple at what was a very traumatic time for me. Thank you Saga Team.

Phyllis Richardson's avatar
Phyllis Richardson

Provides the cover you need

Saga has given us the best cover for health conditions at the best price. We would definitely recommend them and use them again

J cowen's avatar
J cowen

Great peace of mind having Saga holiday insurance.

Have had Saga travel Insurance a number of times with no claims made, then last year due to the pandemic I had to cancel my cruise. Saga were most helpful refunding my insurance premium.

Betty Brown's avatar
Betty Brown

Painless

Having dealt with other insurance companies before, who make you feel guilty for developing medical conditions, Saga made the process easy plus their prices were excellent. Fantastic Service

Martin Johnson's avatar
Martin Johnson

Disappointed

We were disappointed . We received no help when problems occurred on our tour and we were left feeling abandoned.

Superlative customer service.

When I had to call on the assistance of the holiday insurance they could not have been more efficient. Claim settled in full on our return from holiday. Everything done over the phone.

Margaret Wren's avatar
Margaret Wren

Very helpful and they keep in touch with you. Not the cheapest but the best.

Ruth Jones 's avatar
Ruth Jones

Excellent travel insurance product

Website was easy to use, covered off all my travel insurance queries and price was very competitive despite pre existing conditions. Happy with product.

Mark McNulty's avatar
Mark McNulty

Excellent Company, were there when I needed them.

I have used SAGA Travel Insurance on several occasions in the past. A few years ago when I became ill on a Holiday in the Canaries, I needed emergency ‘treatment’ in Hospital. My daughter, who was with me, was able to contact SAGA from the Hospital. Th Read more

contact SAGA from the Hospital.
The treatment I received in Hospital was excellent, accommodation was arranged at the same Hotel for my daughter, during my stay in Hospital. This continued on my discharge from Hospital until a Flight home had been arranged by Saga. Plus, as the flight home was at a different Airport from where we departed from, we were met on landing and driven from Cardiff Airport to Bristol Airport, where my car had been parked during our stay in the Canaries.
All the ‘staff’ involved in this ‘exercise’ were brilliant and my daughter and I could not thank them enough for their professional care and support .
A great Company who I have recommended, over the years, to numerous friends and family.
Thank you so much Saga for all the help I received during my period of ill health, together with the support you gave to my daughter, plus the support getting us back home to the U.K.
Thank you, Mrs Julie Lynch.

julielynch12016@outlook.com's avatar