Virgin Money Travel Insurance Reviews

Speed

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review Virgin Money's Travel Insurance now

Bunch of bankers

Absolute rubbish service. staff rude very off-hand . Do not offer Internet banking as I have the wrong type of current account. Do they not understand there is a global pandemic. People need to be able to pay bills and access their account not just... Read more

Absolute rubbish service. staff rude very off-hand . Do not offer Internet banking as I have the wrong type of current account. Do they not understand there is a global pandemic. People need to be able to pay bills and access their account not just view it!!
Absolute bunch of BANKERS!

Reviewed on 24th October 2021
Shazzielew's avatar
Shazzielew

Ridiculous way of logging in

To log in to find out your policy number, you have to already know your policy number. Completely inane and useless way of operating. Nobody would ever dream of ever viewing their travel insurance until they needed something from it and yet the only thing anyone would ever need to know from it is necessary to have before accessing it. Any sort of sensible procedure at all would allow people to log in with their email or something, outwith the very information people only ever attempt to access it for.

Reviewed on 19th October 2021
JJ Logan's avatar
JJ Logan

Shocking

The poor reviews are entirely accurate. Read them. I wish I had. Better to keep your cash under the bed

Reviewed on 29th January 2021
MJ's avatar
MJ

In my 40 years of banking Virgin Money sets a new low!

I’ll keep this simple. Open an account at your own peril. Read reviews and the media .. be warned .. this has to be the worst bank in the UK!

Reviewed on 21st January 2021
Martin's avatar
Martin

Won't pay out for cancellations

In an 8 month battle for a travel insurance claim that was for a holiday cancelled at the end of March when the world was in a lockdown. Was asked for proof we didn't travel (even though the world was locked down) we ask you for different things every time despite them being sent to delay the pay out. Won't issue a refund if you were offered a voucher which terms and conditions don't state. Contacted citizens advice bureau who have informed me we are entitled to a refund from the travel insurance company. They hope people will give up if they're awkward I'm sure. Had to ask for their complaints department four times and got ignored though they replied to other aspects of emails.

Reviewed on 20th January 2021
Mia's avatar
Mia

Dont waste your money for travel insurance

I had travel insurance, my suitcase stolen in Barcelona did everything right, they want to wash their hand asking receipt of every single item. What?

Reviewed on 12th November 2020
Unver's avatar
Unver

Do not waste your money

Avoid at all costs. I had to cancel my holiday because of the first covid lockdown. The holiday was booked before anyone was even aware of Covid. My family who used different insurance providers were refunded within a month. It has been 7 months and there is still no progress. They just send a standard email every 40 days to say how it is being processed - with nothing actually happening. And yet they managed to find the time to process my renewal. It is criminal in my opinion that they are able to take money for a service they are clearly not providing.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2020
Stephen Worthington's avatar
Stephen Worthington

Shocking service

Hours of phone calls, lies, passing the buck, false promises to 'expediate' my claim and 'get a manager to phone within 5 days' and never ending excuses! No-one ever phoned (despite being told on 4 occasions they would). They never reply to emails. I ended up forwarding my complaints to the financial ombudsman. Depite saying they covered for cancellations due to covid restrictions Virgin Travel Insurance have now sent me 1/4 of what I should be entitled to and even that has taken 6 months! Shocking service I would not recommend to anyone. My view - steer clear.

Reviewed on 27th October 2020
Linda's avatar
Linda

Never pay out

They never pay out, i have a straight forward claim, i was stranded in Tenerife 5 Months, every time they want more info its 45 day for a reply, that will be 7 Months and no sign of the money i paid out, while stranded. Do not us them.

Reviewed on 24th October 2020
Tony's avatar
Tony

Well at least I learned who not to use in the future

My wife and I took out an annual travel insurance policy with them. They then introduced a coronavirus exemption. No option to adjust policy, leaving us with no other option to take out insurance with another provider. Getting a refund was so difficult it was as though they were doing it deliberately to put us off. No email option and long waits to get through on the telephone with promises to call back which never happened. To round it all off they sent us an email to say that coronavirus cover was reinstalled after we had taken out the policy with an alternate policy. In the end we were only able to get a partial refund on a policy we were never able to use. My impression is that as a company they just don’t care once they have your money. My only comfort is the knowledge that I am not having to rely on them paying out if I needed to make a claim. From my experience I would expect them to make it as difficult and time consuming as possible and they would do everything they could do to avoid paying. There are much better companies out there.

Reviewed on 1st October 2020
Richard Welsh's avatar
Richard Welsh

Just don't take out Travel insurance with Virgin Money, save yourself the hassle. Appalling to deal with and won't pay out.

Unprofessional, uncaring, evasive and completely insincere in everything they do.

Reviewed on 30th September 2020
Rick's avatar
Rick

Most appalling company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with

This company are very quick and happy to take your money but find every excuse not to pay out for a claim. My travel insurance claim has been "looked at" by so many different people it's unreal. They promise to get back to me and then ask for more information. They are now asking for the same information, months later. If everyone stopped looking and actually did some work I'm sure the claim could be resolved but I think it's all stalling tactics.
Dreadful company to contact and deal with. They just don't want to know.

Reviewed on 24th September 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

Virgin Travel Insurance don't ever pay out

Ridiculous amount of information required and find every excuse not to pay out. Never pay out.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Andy's avatar
Andy

The worst travel insurance ever!!!

Since April I have tried to get this company to review my travel claim. I have been fobbed off with numerous promises on timescales of when a claims advisor would respond to my claim. Numerous excuses why they haven't responded. I have complained and still not had anyone actually look at my claim and no decision as yet. I have now made a complaint to the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all cost!!

Reviewed on 17th September 2020
Lynne Harper's avatar
Lynne Harper

Horrendous

For 6 months now, Virgin has constantly misled me with false information, false hopes, false timeframes and frankly, nonexistent customer service. I was told in April that it would take 30 working days to resolve my case (submitted in March).... Read more

It's now been 117 working days since I submitted my claim.

1 month ago Virgin promised to escalate my case to a Temp 5, supposedly marking it as urgent. I was assured the case would be resolved in 20 working days or sooner.

Nope.

Phoned today to chase and spoke to a member of staff. She put me on hold to file a complaint for me. I waited 10 minutes and the line 'cut out'. I miraculously managed to get through to another advisor within 5 minutes, asked to be put through to the previous advisor...

only to be told SHE WAS ON HER LUNCH BREAK.

What.the.actual...?

Needless to say... Dealing with Virgin has been utterly painful, stressful and exasperating the whole time. I've already been in contact with the Ombudsman and will be pursuing further action.

Unacceptable is the politest way I can put it.

Meanwhile, Virgin are proudly showing off their fancy new website... How much did that cost?

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Lizzie Heather's avatar
Lizzie Heather

SCUM OF THE EARTH. AVOID AT ALL COST

I had a ski holiday booked for Feb 2020 and couldn't travel due to a stomach infection and... Read more

I had a ski holiday booked for Feb 2020 and couldn't travel due to a stomach infection and vomiting.
Put in claim and they "lost"my documents. Resent everything including another medical form via email and now been told they need the new medical form. Don't these vile people ever check their email??
Still no further on and its been going on since early february. I am now going to the financial ombudsman. Please please never use this company.

Reviewed on 4th August 2020
ady's avatar
ady

Disgrace!! Do not use.

The most disgusting and disrespectful company I have ever used. Due to the FCO travel advise I had to claim a full refund through my travel insurance as advised by my travel agent ( Virgin Holidays).... Read more

I did this 5 months ago...Still no resolution on a basic open close case! Communication is so poor with lead times stated as 50 working days to review information and complete claim. I’m 80 working in days I’m with no closer to completion.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2020
Tings75's avatar
Tings75

worst insurance company on the market

do not under any circumstances buy travel insurance from these cowboys. They will use every delay tactic at their disposal not to pay out.

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Frankie Oneill's avatar
Frankie Oneill

Still waiting four months after submitting a claim

I submitted a claim four months ago and so far no further forward, I am appalled at how they treat customers and at the total lack of customer service skills.

Reviewed on 21st July 2020
Lynne Harper's avatar
Lynne Harper

worth it

value for money and not a rip off. Downside is that it auto renews

Reviewed on 13th July 2020