Dudley Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 2,063 reviews       Last review 20 hours ago

Dudley Building Society provides financial services on a local and national level. With ever developing ranges of savings accounts, mortgage products, financial advice, insurance, will writing and estate planning services; our purpose is to serve our Members. As a mutual Society the business is run for the betterment of its Members with profits reinvested back in rather than paying shareholders. With its Principal Office in the heartland of the Black Country the Society has five branches in the region, four of which have recently undergone significant refurbishment to further improve customer experience and the Society’s high street presence. Smart Money People is the place for Dudley Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services

Efficient, Ethical, Good Service

Responsive, easily accessible, good interest rates, ethical building society

Reviewed on 25th June 2022

Savings

Look after your money and watch it grow in this helpful building society

A friendly warm and helpful society

simply the best

lovely and pleasant people to deal with nothing is to much trouble

Sad

Have been very slow to raise interest rates for existing savings, and only increased minimally.

Reply from Dudley Building Society

Thank you for your feedback. We monitor our interest rates regularly to ensure we remain competitive. In light of the most recent Bank Base Rate increase we will be increasing our variable savings interest rates again in July.

Disappointing

No longer seem interested in savers.

Reply from Dudley Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. As a mutual organisation, our members are of the upmost importance to us, including our saving members. In response to the most recent Bank Base Rate increase, we will be passing on an additional interest rate increase across our variable rate savings products in July.

Savings

Poor childish, unprofessional service, contempt towards those who make complaints.

Dreadful poor quality staff, inexperienced and poorly trained. A gravy train for the board members the only ones who are interested in keeping the society going so that they can enrich themselves.

Reviewed on 23rd June 2022

Reply from Dudley Building Society

Thank you for your feedback, we're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the Society. We encourage you to get in touch with us so we can investigate the issue further.

Excellent customer service

Friendly team and excellent customer service would definitely recommend to my friends and family

Reviewed on 23rd June 2022

mortgage processing

easy system to use and very quick on agreeing cases

Reviewed on 21st June 2022

Friendly & efficient!

When ever I have even a small 'unimportant' question about my savings I always get a prompt friendly reply! Many thanks.

Reviewed on 20th June 2022

Savings

Received excellent service on my grand daughters regular saver accounts. Thanks

Reviewed on 19th June 2022

An Amazing Building Society

Been with Dudley for over three years now. I must say they were the only one willing to take a risk on me. Thank you Dudley

Itabina Ita's avatar
Itabina Ita

Excellent Building Society

When looking for a Building society to deposit a savings amount the Dudley is a the top of the list, efficient and easy to deal with. Good website, was able to open an account with no problem. I prefer to use a British Building Society rather than the ple Read more

When looking for a Building society to deposit a savings amount the Dudley is a the top of the list, efficient and easy to deal with. Good website, was able to open an account with no problem. I prefer to use a British Building Society rather than the plethora of international institutions that I know little about.

Jonathan Robins's avatar
Jonathan Robins

Self explanatory

Excellent voting website, straight forward

Self explanatory

Excellent voting website, straight forward

rescue service

At a time when as pensioners we needed help, the Dudley Building society came to our rescue,,, a Society that cares

Financial / Pension Advice

First class service

I was listened to. I got all the help I needed and more. I felt so reassuring to speak to someone who really understood my problem. So fantastic to be able to pick up a phone and speak to someone who cares about their customers. I felt as if my call matte Read more

I was listened to. I got all the help I needed and more. I felt so reassuring to speak to someone who really understood my problem. So fantastic to be able to pick up a phone and speak to someone who cares about their customers. I felt as if my call mattered. Excellent service .

Reviewed on 11th June 2022

Time wasters

Awful experience - complete waste of time. Lack of communication made it impossible to know if there was any progress - they clearly had no intention of sticking to the Mortgage in Principle they gave us.

Reviewed on 3rd June 2022
Emma Barrow's avatar
Emma Barrow

Kerry provided excellent service

Dudley Building Society Branch Review

Staff were helpful and friendly everything was well explained and clear. Service was excellent

Dudley Building Society Branch Review

Excellent service and communication from Brenda