Dudley Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 59 reviews       Last review 16 hours ago
  Visit website

Dudley Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Dudley Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Dudley Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Dudley Building Society's Mortgages now

Poor Support

Faced with an issue of needing to reset my password I contacted the Help Desk. I explained that the reset password link was not generating an email. The canned response was that I should use the reset password link….

Reviewed on 26th January 2022

Professional

The staff at Dudley building society are helpful, understand and just lovely to talk to, they work with you not against you and all the banks and building societies out there would benefit from their working model. Twenty eight I have been a customer and I’m yet to find anyone that has been rude or not helpful, and no I am not related to anyone or personally connected.

Reviewed on 26th November 2021
Verified Member Dudley BS

Will never utilize Dudley again and encourage others to avoid

Since obtaining an mortgage with Dudley, my customer experience has been very far from satisfactory. Dudley does not put the customer first and is very limited with communications or advice. I have wasted a lot of time and money being with this provider and have learnt the hard way. Beware....

Reviewed on 8th November 2021

Reply from Dudley Building Society

We are very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with us. We encourage you to contact our Mortgage Team on 01384 216103 so we can try to resolve any issues you've encountered with our service.

Fantastic service wonderful team

I have had a mortgage for many years with the Dudley, and they have always been informative, courteous, helpful and so easy to talk to, finger on the pulse, up to date information, I trust them fully to be fair and manage my affairs with transparency. All the staff are lovely and friendly, so when I finish my mortgage next month I intend to use the Dudley to invest my savings with an e account, thanks again for all your help you are truly a great team

Reviewed on 29th October 2021
Verified Member Dudley BS

Friendly and effective customer service

After being locked out of my account due to technical issues I rang up DBS and spoke to... Read more

After being locked out of my account due to technical issues I rang up DBS and spoke to Brenda.

Brenda was very friendly and reassuring. She helped direct my query to the appropriate department to resolve my technical issue and gave me some guidance on another query that I had regarding a mortgage account.

Reviewed on 21st October 2021

Kingswinford branch review

Allowed my family lifetime discout off my first mortagge (0.5%( for the term (in 1986), motivated us to stay with society when moved twice after that

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
Kingswinford branch customer's avatar
Kingswinford branch customer

Excellent customer service

Excellent service and nothing is too much trouble Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 12th August 2021

Good All Rounder

Dudley are a great lender with niches that other lenders dont have. Great for expat.

Reviewed on 23rd July 2021

Excellent Service

Excellent service ,totally professional ,but also a company that cares about its clients ,I can't recommend them highly enough you don't feel you are just a number .

Reviewed on 2nd July 2021

Safe, steady, and responsive

Dudley is easy to deal with. The online service now makes seeing status & balances much easier and still with that friendly tough

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Verified Member Dudley BS

Helped us when most needed

We were really pleased Dudley could help us with our mortgage

Reviewed on 15th June 2021

Very helpful underwriting with Dudley BS

You can get all support with your case from beginning to the completion.

Reviewed on 28th May 2021
Verified Member Dudley BS

Nice building society nice people

Gemma was professional and friendly and dealt with my request for information about my mortgage in a confident and knowledgable way.

Reviewed on 5th May 2021

New online facility

Bit disappointed in your new on line facility. I was hoping there would be some more tools you could use especially in making repayments on your mortgage if you wanted an idea how much you can make overpayments and what effect this will have to the outstanding balance.
It has very limited use to the customer apart from telling you the outstanding balance. I think if you want more customers to use it additional tools needed to be added.

Reviewed on 25th April 2021

Reply from Dudley Building Society

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We will be looking to expand the Online Service functionality for borrowers in the near future.

Taking the risk

When I was looking for a lender to help me buy my flat, Dudley was prepared to do so when so many others had turned me down. I am thankful they took a risk to help me out. I have recently renewed my mortgage with Dudley for the next 5 years.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
Lena's avatar
Lena

Product suitability excellent customer service

Offered mortgage when other societies not doing so for over 60+. Succinct easy to understand information on phone & in writing. Competitive rates. Prompt efficient professional yet friendly staff/ customer service. Thank you

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Mrs Jones's avatar
Mrs Jones

An excellent service

DBS have provided a excellent service that has enabled us to be on the property ladder, within a short period of time

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
christiedl@hotmail.com's avatar
christiedl@hotmail.com

Dudley your the best.

Great products and service. Friendly ans supportive staff. More than a bank, building a community through providing great all-round service.

Reviewed on 10th April 2021
James Hartley 's avatar
James Hartley

Excellent all round service

As a .Ex Pat applying for a buy to let mortgage Dudley helped me with my application with very little fuss Also excellent customer service and advice

Reviewed on 9th April 2021
Ronaldo 's avatar
Ronaldo

Family supportive Building Society

My family, parents, sisters and nephews have all been members of the Dudley for many years, with savings and.mortgage accounts. The support and service provided over the years has been greatly appreciated, especially through recent challenging times due to COVID. Thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 9th April 2021