MCE Insurance Motorbike Reviews

Our MCE Insurance Motorbike reviews can help you to find out what life as a MCE Insurance customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Average

MCE Insurance Review Insight

Communication

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Motorbike Reviews

Review MCE Insurance's Motorbike now

To the wise, keep away from MCE Insurance

This company is serially poor, unresponsive, uncaring, has little ethical behaviours to its customers. Search engines should be notified to not even consider it as an option. Don't trust them with your hard earned money, the quote you get may be a few quid cheaper but your in for serious issues and day to day management if you go down the policy route. Has to be the worst company i have EVER dealt with - my recommendation is keep away!

Reviewed on 1st December 2020
Stuart Blatch's avatar
Stuart Blatch

Terrible

I've found the whole process of validating your documents on the app very stressful, I will never use this insurance company again.

Reviewed on 5th November 2020
dalej's avatar
dalej

Worse company ever

Worse insurance company ever...... Read more

Worse insurance company ever...
Poor customer service. Everything is directed not towards the customer. No possibility of agreeing to terminate earlier, you will lost all you money... The initial insurance price is small, but in the end you will pay a lot.
I really don’t recommend it.

no's avatar

Reviewed on 21st September 2020

Finding flaws to avoid payouts not incident related!!!

!!! DONT USE THESE !!! I had a Road Traffic Accident 2 weeks ago where I nearly died . Bike was a total loss (fire damaged) . Insurance voided my claim as my garage is wood and not made of Brick ......

Reviewed on 7th September 2020
Arfon-Rhys Davies's avatar
Arfon-Rhys Davies

Good price, terrible hold time and quality

They are relatively cheap for a first bike insurer as they are bike specialists, but their hold time, phone line quality and customer service is average at best. For an over the phone only company they really need to step their game up. I missed one payment and got given 3 hours to amend it (whilst at work) and they instantly smacked me with an additional £30 charge, and on a £56 p/m insurance that was painful and unexpected to have that little time to amend.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2018
barnaby gascoyne's avatar
barnaby gascoyne

Refused to pick me up

Having broke down about 2 miles from home and after ringing for an hour and not getting through, decided to just push my bike home, so they eventually pick up hours later to tell me because I’ve pushed my bike home they can no longer pick it up for recovery and repair.

Reviewed on 27th August 2018
Dan Henderson's avatar
Dan Henderson

Best I have had

a little expensive but very helpful and understanding if you miss a payment

Reviewed on 7th May 2018
Coral 's avatar
Coral

I wouldn't use again

They miss sold me a policy, (They admitted that) So I asked to cancel and for a refund. I eventually received a refund but I queried the amount as it didn't seem enough. They that replied that it was incorrect (apparently it was 'processes incorrectly') and then sent me a revised (larger ) refund.

Reviewed on 6th September 2017
Karen Weedon's avatar
Karen Weedon

Classic Bike Insurrance

A no-nonse Policy that did not include cover I did not require at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 27th August 2017
Christopher Elcome's avatar
Christopher Elcome

Did what it said on the tin

Simple, cheaper and straight forward bike insurance.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2017
Steve Lemon's avatar
Steve Lemon

They wont pay up

Here's a little tale for you...back on the 3rd nov my bike was nicked from outside my mums...I rang the police gave them all the details etc then rang my insurance firm MCE... remember that name. Now the bike wasn't started cos i would have heard it so it went in the back of a van.
Now the fun.....was there a steering lock on the bike?...NO...why not?....there was never one on there ( a vn,s steering lock is normally on the right hand side under a stainless cover, but mine never ever had one fitted from the manufacturer ) "okay" MCE say.....so i email all my documents to them....clean driving licence, never had any problems with payment off me etc;
So anyway today i chase them up on the claim...."tough" they say-"we are not paying you" !!! No steering lock was engaged on the bike!!! WHAT THE FECK !!..... there was never one on there.
Hard luck..was the answer
So i get in-touch with the insurance ombudsman and tell them the tale.
What they have said is " even if the steering lock was on there, if it went in the back of a van it wouldn't of helped".
So now this is going to carry on for another 8 weeks or so.
Again that's "MCE" folks cheap on quotes as-long as you dont claim.

Reviewed on 9th December 2016
Jon 'gosh' Kellaway's avatar
Jon 'gosh' Kellaway

Rip off merchants

I agreed to buy a Motorbike and pick up the next day which was a Sunday, the seller of the bike however had sold it and and not informed me until after I had taken out insurance with MCE, ... Read more

I contacted MCE on Sunday morning to inform them that I didn't need the insurance as the bike had been sold to someone else.

The policy for 12 months cost £99.00 and the cancellation fees for just a few hours of cover was £64.00

The laws states that there is a 14 day cooling off period when you buy insurance, The FOS Financial Ombudsman regulate the insurance industry to protect you from their nasty practices .

The bottom line is that MCE when asked if they were going to refund anything , I wa told NO.

MCE insurance brokers are run by people who couldn't care less and quite simply are there to to steal your money.

They are breaking the law.

The FOS says that they can charge a SMALL AMOUNT during the 14 Day cooling off period,

NOT £64.00

And presently they have refused to refund any monies at all from the £99.00 paid.

RATHER DISHONEST WOULDNT YOU SAY,

IM OFF TO THE FOS,

FOR EVERY CASE THE FOS INVESTIGATES MCE WILL HAVE TO PAY £550 admin fees, that is how the FOS is funded, not to mention the fines imposed upon them for treating their customers unfairly..

If you feel you have been wronged by this company make a FREE complaint about them to the FOS.

DOING NOTHING AND NOT COMPLAINING LETS THEM GET AWAY WITH IT, I URGE YOU TO COMPLAIN TO THE FOS AS I AM DOING.

Reviewed on 8th November 2016
Ian Macdonald 's avatar
Ian Macdonald

An insurer you have to chase who will pay out significantly less unless you challenge

I insured my bike with MCE, when it was stolen they delayed the process and stretched it out for months, in the hope that I would settle at a ridiculous figure. This figure was baseless; I provided current market examples and they said their examples where from Glass' Guide. As a consumer you can't see this guide for motorbikes (you can for cars), so that's unfair and someone should take that up with the FOS because even if you give them current market examples they refuse to acknowledge them.
I had to chase this insurance company multiple times, even just for an update. if you are claiming, ensure that you chase them and don't wait to be contacted. The people you deal with on the phone are quite nice everyday people, it is just a terrible insurance company.

Reviewed on 18th August 2016
Abbas's avatar
Abbas

MCE Motorcycle Insurance

Cheap, everything I need covered, easy online application. Not had to test their claims department yet so can't comment on that.

Reviewed on 15th August 2016