Monese Money Account Reviews

Ratings based on 5,383 reviews       Last review 3 days ago

An award-winning current account you can open instantly on your mobile. Our technology enables people to travel, live or work freely, anywhere in the world.

Your Money Account Reviews

5,383 reviews

Review Monese's Money Account now

Scammers!!!!

They scam people. It is the same story all over again. They close the account for months, they ask you to provide an account for them to transfer your remaining balance, and when you do, they ask you to provide another one, and another one, because “they Read more

They scam people. It is the same story all over again. They close the account for months, they ask you to provide an account for them to transfer your remaining balance, and when you do, they ask you to provide another one, and another one, because “they are not able to transfer to that account”. I will go to whatever length necessary to get my money back and punish them. I am consulting with lawyers because I am sick of them getting away with this!

Reviewed on 24th November 2022
Fabiola Dembrovski's avatar
Fabiola Dembrovski

Blocked account for 2 months

They have blocked my account when I upgraded phone and will not respond to emails, customer support, auto bot, phone There are hundreds of similar reports on this site and trust pilot. Do not touch this bank. I cannot get my money back.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2022
Ads's avatar
Ads

How does Monese have 4.5 average reviews??

Much like all the reviews I've seen, my account has been blocked and I've tried contacting via email multiple times, phone (there actually isn't a CS, it's all automated, don't bother) and even social media (they have published posts since but not replied Read more

Much like all the reviews I've seen, my account has been blocked and I've tried contacting via email multiple times, phone (there actually isn't a CS, it's all automated, don't bother) and even social media (they have published posts since but not replied to me) and nothing, no reply. I don't understand how it has such high reviews when this is obviously a scam? I will be now reporting and getting legal involved.

Reviewed on 18th November 2022
Aida Catarina Ferreira's avatar
Aida Catarina Ferreira

account temporarily locked

states that it will be resolved ASAP however this is not the case been waiting over 1 day for an email to be sent. can only contact them threw email too. absolutely joke of a service. fca have been contacted and legal representative appointed.

Reviewed on 13th November 2022
Mister M's avatar
Mister M

SCAM BANK

Transferred €12000 to a beneficiary of Monese on 16 Oct 2022. Monese closed their account and stated funds will be returned/ refunded to the sender. Until today no funds returned and no responses to our several emails ! Hellooo!!! What’s your story ???!!!

Reviewed on 27th October 2022
Yvonne Zwald's avatar
Yvonne Zwald

ACCOUNT BLOCKED MONEY NOT RELEASED

For over 8 months I have been using the monese there was no problem until September 20th, 2022, when my account was blocked and the reason they say is due to security. i have been waiting for an email from them on how I can reopen my account or to even c Read more

For over 8 months I have been using the monese there was no problem until September 20th, 2022, when my account was blocked and the reason they say is due to security. i have been waiting for an email from them on how I can reopen my account or to even close the account and release my bank to my other accounts. They have been no response or email from them. So I am starting to feel that they are scammers because you can not block a client account without informing the client of the reason why.

I can not recommend their service to anyone there are not trusted. IF ANYONE IS READING THIS CAN ASSIST ME WITH A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION THAT I CAN USE TO SUE MONESE.

MONESE I NEED MY MONEY BACK.

Reviewed on 22nd October 2022
Fuvkeer Simon's avatar
Fuvkeer Simon

SCAMMERS

They steal money from people. They freeze accounts, mostly once the money is over 2.000 Euro, and they keep the money. Beware of these bastards.

Reviewed on 19th October 2022
Oliver Krings's avatar
Oliver Krings

Full Funds Recovery

I was able to get in touch with an international group fund recovery genius that assured me positive outcome about my scam experience and file a fraud Claim against this outfit……RFRex AT PROTON DOT ME a reliable consulting and investigative company, offer Read more

I was able to get in touch with an international group fund recovery genius that assured me positive outcome about my scam experience and file a fraud Claim against this outfit……RFRex AT PROTON DOT ME a reliable consulting and investigative company, offers a reliable fund recovery service for scam victims to make the process of assets recovery easier and faster. This service offered aims to help clients get their money back fast. They are expert in dealing with any types of scams online and give offer reimbursements to the victims using disputes, monitoring digital fingerprints, cyber analysis as well as detailed investigative work. A free consultation is available on their website. Their goal is to inform and to help you recover your lost funds from the banks and credit card providers through our extensive knowledge in fraud detection and years of experience in dealing with these matters. We have a professionally trained group of recovery agents who have worked in the financial sector and have a high success rate including many satisfied customers. THEY DONT CHARGED ANY KIND OF UPFRONT FEE FROM VICTIMS. RFRex AT proton DOT me so reliable and trustworthy online fund recovery firm i can only recommended to the scam victims out there. please be safe, a lot of fake recovery firm online now to take advantage of you again so be careful.

Reviewed on 6th October 2022
Dhalen Richard's avatar
Dhalen Richard

THIEVES!

Like just about everyone else, they blocked me without warning whilst I was in a foreign country. Decided they had to close my account so asked for bank details to send money to - now refusing, or just too lazy to send the money through. ABSOLUTE SCAM of Read more

Like just about everyone else, they blocked me without warning whilst I was in a foreign country. Decided they had to close my account so asked for bank details to send money to - now refusing, or just too lazy to send the money through. ABSOLUTE SCAM of a company. Imagine stealing 1000s of people's money. YOU'RE SCUM.

Can't even get through to a human on the phone - keep hiding. See how long it lasts. FCA now involved.

Reviewed on 5th October 2022
Daniel Benjamin's avatar
Daniel Benjamin

Shocking.

Blocked my account no warning. Single mother with 4 children no access to bank. No reply’s on email or over the phone. Asked for alternative bank to send my money now not responding Absolute scum of a bank. I want my money !!!!

Reviewed on 2nd October 2022
Tracy Chorley's avatar
Tracy Chorley

Worst Bank I have banked with

With no warning or explanation Monese closed my account whilst still money on the account. Emails being ignored, when they finally respond is a robot generated response asking you to go on the app and get in touch from there. Really? When the account is c Read more

With no warning or explanation Monese closed my account whilst still money on the account. Emails being ignored, when they finally respond is a robot generated response asking you to go on the app and get in touch from there. Really? When the account is closed you have no access to your account, on the app. No further help to recuperate your money. So practically they have withheld money belonging to me with no hope of being returned. This bank does not serve your financial needs, this bank steels your money in the name of a " business decision " .Avoid !

Reviewed on 30th August 2022
Carmen Bisiker's avatar
Carmen Bisiker

Monese is a bunch of thieves !

Monese is a bunch of thieves !! They closed and blocked my account. I can´t do nothing to have my money of refunds back. I can't have the money of payments returns. If you pay with paypal with mobnese card, and if paypal refund you, you loose all mo Read more

Monese is a bunch of thieves !!
They closed and blocked my account.
I can´t do nothing to have my money of refunds back.
I can't have the money of payments returns.
If you pay with paypal with mobnese card, and if paypal refund you, you loose all money.
THIEVES.
You have been warned

Reviewed on 19th August 2022
Jose Monteiro's avatar
Jose Monteiro

Poor

I damaged my mobile phone and replaced it 8-10weeks ago. I'm using a new handset now. I work on a building site and damages can occur easily. I have used this app for 5-6 years. As soon as I download the monese app on my new handset, I was a Read more

I damaged my mobile phone and replaced it 8-10weeks ago.

I'm using a new handset now.

I work on a building site and damages can occur easily.

I have used this app for 5-6 years.

As soon as I download the monese app on my new handset, I was asked basic ID questions had my face pic taken, the account stopped working.

My wages were paid into this account, which I have been unable to withdraw or transfer. I have a family with kids to provide for.

I quickly changed my banking details to a reliable bank, reported this matter to the fca ombudsman, banking authority and local police fraud service.

I have asked for my account to be closed, a 5 year bank transaction statement to be sent via pdf and my fund transferred. I have emailed ever day for 10 weeks now but nothing.

None of this has been actioned.

I, four years ago, sent my new mobile number/email address which has not been updated.

It's a really sick and disgusting service.

I've sent my ID and all details over but nothing. The account is still blocked. I have calculated the interested that occurred and will be passing this onto Monese ltd along with a compensation request of £9.745.04

I simply want to close this account

The stress this has but on me is too much.

Reviewed on 4th August 2022
nicky singh's avatar
nicky singh

If you want to loose your money try Monese

Immagine you have ám account you can use when you make holidays.you transfer Always money tó this account when you make holidays.no more Than max 200 euro one .you do it 3 yrs.and all of a sudden ín the middle of your holiday you get an email saying we ve Read more

Immagine you have ám account you can use when you make holidays.you transfer Always money tó this account when you make holidays.no more Than max 200 euro one .you do it 3 yrs.and all of a sudden ín the middle of your holiday you get an email saying we ve closed your account.WHAT? And you can not call anyone because of my work I have been checked several Times and you are criminalised by them.and they do not answer your email.Lying they did not get any alternatíve account details.They are criminals.they want your money they closed my account with 70 Euro.but if you have your salary ön this account? Avoid them!

Reviewed on 30th July 2022

Reviewed on 14th July 2022
Bogdan Petrin's avatar
Bogdan Petrin

The worst bank

Stole all my money 10.000€ No customer support after you claim your money bank or try to transfer

Reviewed on 2nd July 2022
Peter Pank's avatar
Peter Pank

fraud stay away

fraud stay away they will block your account suddenly when you have good money in the monese account

Reviewed on 7th June 2022
Ramz's avatar
Ramz

Bad customer service

They always take a lot of time to respond. But they blocked my account more than a month ago and haven't answered any of my emails.

Reviewed on 16th May 2022
C's avatar
C

Scammers - Stay away!

Like hundreds (or even thousands) of people before me already wrote, Monese became a piece of garbage of a company, they keep blocking customers' accounts for no particular reason, out of the blue you just get an email letting you know that your account h Read more

Like hundreds (or even thousands) of people before me already wrote, Monese became a piece of garbage of a company, they keep blocking customers' accounts for no particular reason, out of the blue you just get an email letting you know that your account has been closed with all your money blocked. I only used this card to make small purchases while abroad and only transferred money when I needed it so luckily I only had a very small amount on the card but many people had all their savings on their accounts and apparently there is no customer service, nobody replies? I wonder what is going to happen but it looks like to me that Monese might declare bankruptcy soon so I suggest everybody take your money and run. This company is not a bank, they are a gang of scammers and fraudsters. If you had any business with them and got scammed, your account got blocked and your money taken, report them to every possible authority. This is the only way to have a chance at getting your money back. If you are thinking about opening an account: just don't. Choose Revolut, Wise, N26 or any other reputable online bank but stay clear from this piece of crap.

Reviewed on 14th May 2022
Carry's avatar
Carry

Blocked my account

They have frozen my account and left left me in poverty. I am disabled and will have to use a food bank. Terrible! Please post a review on either the AppStore or Android if your having issues. It’s the only way they’ll respect their customers.

Reviewed on 12th May 2022