Santander Zero Credit Card Reviews

Santander launched the Zero credit card in October 2016 after they removed the 123 credit card from sale. If you're looking for a credit card to use abroad, check out our Zero credit card reviews to see what people like you are saying about using this card for foreign purchases and cash withdrawals abroad.

Already used the Zero credit card on your travels? Please write a review on Smart Money People and help others who are looking for a credit card for foreign transactions!

Your Zero Credit Card Reviews

Review Santander's Zero Credit Card now

This is not a credit card for the use abroad, it is a nightmare when you are abroad

Admittedly, this was once upon a time a great product. Zero interest abroad. And it is true to its word. However, both me and my father in law, who I recommended this to, recently got stuck. This is no longer a credit card. It declines every transaction a Read more

Admittedly, this was once upon a time a great product. Zero interest abroad. And it is true to its word. However, both me and my father in law, who I recommended this to, recently got stuck. This is no longer a credit card. It declines every transaction abroad. I nearly got stuck in the Emirates and Qatar in February and my father in law just could not do larger purchases or cash in Spain, recently. And we both had notified Santander of going abroad. A good credit card company gives you a seamless experience and never lets you down. Santander always lets you down when you most need it. Tried to use it in Frankfurt last autumn at the car rental. Declined. 2 hours later I find a text message whether or not I approve of the purchase! Their customer services helpline is a joke, over 45 minutes wait. Excuse: COVID. I tried them from Dubai in February and had to give up. I then called them back in England: They are not interested in customer problems "computer says no" attitude. I still have the card, but I am not using it much now, instead I got myself the new Barclaycard cashback and travel abroad card. So far no problems. Perhaps one day one of the people in Santanders head office reads this and makes a change (fat chance!). But their security requirements may save them money, but makes the use of a credit card a joke.

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Martin Kittel's avatar
Martin Kittel

Fair fees for transactions abroad.

Nice not to be ripped off by a bank .

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
David Morrow's avatar
David Morrow

Works

Works everywhere without additional fees

Reviewed on 15th February 2022
allan.koura@gmail.com's avatar
allan.koura@gmail.com

Credit card

Good for travel due to the interest rate/conversion

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
KAKB's avatar
KAKB

Zero credit card - best for travelers

The santander zero credit card - no charges even when using abroad and in different currencies.

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
Mike's avatar
Mike

Fee free foreign spending

No fees when spending abroad and fee free foreign currency ATM withdrawals make this card the perfect companion when spending abroad

Reviewed on 5th November 2019
Hamish Archibald's avatar
Hamish Archibald

Nice simple credit card for travelling

Great simple card for travelling, zero fees for using your abroad in local currency and even zero fees on taking out cash abroad! No monthly fee, just would be nice to get some cashback or incentive in the uk.

Reviewed on 30th June 2017
Dan Clark's avatar
Dan Clark

Smooth, easy communication

I love being able to get straight through on a helpline, and to be greeted by a lovely tone by someone who is so happy to assist! Super friendly customer service. 10/10 for communications & ive never had any isssues with my service!

Reviewed on 24th June 2017
Samantha's avatar
Samantha

Trusty for travel

Loyal Zero customer. It's served me well for many years on all my travels.

Uploaded on 11th June 2017