Santander Choice Current Account Reviews

Santander Choice Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Santander Choice Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Santander customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Santander customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Santander Choice Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Your Choice Current Account Reviews

Review Santander's Choice Current Account now

Just what you need

No issues since opening, simple to use on a daily basis, mobile app is great and functional since downloading.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Craig Stevely's avatar
Craig Stevely

Great App

Superb app makes banking very easy

Reviewed on 10th March 2021

Reviewed on 24th February 2021
Efe John 's avatar
Efe John

Useless customer service

I have been their customer for over 20 years. With COVID and several cancelled tickets, I started charge back process with them. 1st went fine. Then I had 2 other cancelled tickets and all hell starts there. From the link that they forgot to send me, to n Read more

I have been their customer for over 20 years. With COVID and several cancelled tickets, I started charge back process with them. 1st went fine. Then I had 2 other cancelled tickets and all hell starts there. From the link that they forgot to send me, to non working links, to non professional managers (Imran) calling me back to tell me it must be my laptop ( and I have 2 of them) - my stress level was rising up with every call. One of the managers was kind enough to provide me with the email address to send all documents and I thought it was all done. But no, I received another letter that they did not receive documents ( and I sent over 30). Then I had to spend another lunch break calling them and explaining they have everything. Then they had to investigate AGAN and I had a call back from another manager ( it seems they are advancing people who are not fit to be managers and they do not bother even to read the notes/ history before they call me back) who told me it was all good, I just have to wait and offered me £50 compensation for 13 calls ( and every call is minimum 40 minutes) for my stress and waisted time.Meanwhile, my interest free offer was ending and I was still awaiting for them to check everything so I ended up paying the interest for their mistakes. I refused her £50 and waited for the cancelled tickets to be refunded. Another 6 weeks down the line, 1 refund was issued but not the other ( this is already 3 months waiting) . I was abroad and called them yesterday and asked for someone to call me back. The manager called me today , named Tracy to tell me it was my mistake that I sent everything together for both references. This is the reason why they asked again (!) for documents. At that point I lost it as it was clear to be that she did not read anything, otherwise she would know that I went through 13 calls to send them finally documents via email as none of the links they sent were not working. She was rude, obnoxious and not fit to be a manger and she has no people skills. I called these people 15 times and they called me at least 6 times and to treat me like this? Disgusting! I will close my account with this bank as soon as I finish all this as they have the worst customer service ever. Big disappointment.

Reviewed on 22nd December 2020
G Markovic's avatar
G Markovic

Great Service

They are always alert to any fraudulent looking payments, also I went overdrawn on one occasion and they waived the fee! Good service!

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
glenn hutton's avatar
glenn hutton

Santander continue to ignore complaints

Santander continue to ignore complaints from the local residents and the parish council in Milton Keynes by allowing their staff to park on grass verges and damage them thereby making them unsafe for local people. Repeated emails to their 'executive compl Read more

Santander continue to ignore complaints from the local residents and the parish council in Milton Keynes by allowing their staff to park on grass verges and damage them thereby making them unsafe for local people. Repeated emails to their 'executive complaints team' are ignored or replied to with meaningless platitudes which are clearly written by the office junior.
For a multi-national company to act in this negligent and arrogant manner just shows that big banks really don't care about the little people, some of whom of course will be their own customers!

Reviewed on 7th March 2018
Jim's avatar
Jim

my account review

could offer interest to this account type

Reviewed on 10th February 2018
chloe brill's avatar
chloe brill

Always 100% reliable

Across 8 years of banking with Santander I have never had a bad experience with a member of staff. While friends have had to deal with rude or obnoxious staff members at other banks, Santander have always done everything to go above and beyond.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2018
DickieDotCom's avatar
DickieDotCom

Good choice account

No charges for going over your account amount and only one monthly fee

Reviewed on 20th January 2018
Ariel's avatar
Ariel

Great stuff

Great Customer services that are provided by ever reliable staff 24/7. I would definitely recommend to all people that are looking for the first account.

Reviewed on 21st November 2017
Timothy Nkurunziza's avatar
Timothy Nkurunziza

Not a fun experience

I don't like that I have to travel to the next city to use Santander and when I am in the queue the staff come and touch your arm apologising for the wait.....just let me queue In peace!!!! I find this overfamiliarty false and uncomfortable.

Reviewed on 15th February 2016