Bank of Ireland: Personal Current Account reviews

Based on 11 reviews, last reviewed 13th Jan 2023

Bank of Ireland Current Account is Tops I have been a current account holder with the Bank of Ireland for over 20 years. Staff are exceptional in my branch, I have paid zero in bank charges... Read more Reviewed on: 8th November 2018
Alan McLean's avatar
Alan McLean

Behind the times I have been with bank of ireland for numerous years and their service has never changed. The staff are friendly but the banking options themselves and... Read more Reviewed on: 13th August 2022

About the Personal Current Account

Bank of Ireland Personal Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Bank of Ireland Personal Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Bank of Ireland customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Bank of Ireland customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Bank of Ireland Personal Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Review Bank of Ireland: Personal Current Account now

Bank of Ireland Personal Current Account reviews (11)

Could be better

Using for last 5 years Application could be improved No over draft offered No credit cards offered Everything is slow Reviewed on: 13th January 2023

Behind the times

I have been with bank of ireland for numerous years and their service has never changed. The staff are friendly but the banking options themselves and particularly the online banking could improve massively. Very out of date, very limited in options within the online banking app even the apps appearance is very outdated. Reviewed on: 13th August 2022

Incompetent staff

I have been trying to get an international proof of payment from the Bank of Ireland for two transactions on my current account. They refuse to give me internationally accepted and legal proofs of payment and instead recommend that I provide a statement of my account and 'black out the unnecessary information' - their words-and combine it with their inadequate proof of payment. There is no way this is an acceptable method of doing business! It is an insult to any customer and humiliating for me to have to provide this kind of inadequate paper work in my business. They have previously given me this proof of payment for another transaction! Their inconsistency and incompetence has caused me a lot of stress. Reviewed on: 13th January 2022
lucia's avatar
lucia

Bank of Ireland Current Account is Tops

I have been a current account holder with the Bank of Ireland for over 20 years. Staff are exceptional in my branch, I have paid zero in bank charges over that period. Online banking service is superb. Reviewed on: 8th November 2018
Alan McLean's avatar
Alan McLean

Do you have a different Bank of Ireland product?

Bank of Ireland has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products