Santander 123 Current Account Reviews

Santander 123 Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Santander 123 Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Santander customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Santander customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Santander 123 Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Santander Review Insight

Your 123 Current Account Reviews

Review Santander's 123 Current Account now

Worst bank

Staff is useless simple letter cant send by email making only troubles. Every Staff member telling different things worst bank.

Reviewed on 23rd June 2021
Laurynas Vasylius's avatar
Laurynas Vasylius

Good benefits for mortgage holders

Have only had the 123 account because it is linked to the mortgage but it has been good. It is used infrequently, and mostly for regular bills rather than day to day purchases but the cashback always offsets the account fee at the moment, and occasionally a little more too

Reviewed on 21st June 2021
Richard Ireland's avatar
Richard Ireland

Grossly Excessive Profiteering from the Estate of my late Mother

I recently retired as a senior lecturer at Nottingham Trent University , teaching mainly about crime and am not easily shocked but an experience my sister and I had with Santander bank has truly shocked me.... Read more

On the afternoon of 15 June 2021, my sister and went to the Nottingham, Clumber Street branch of Santander Bank. The purpose of our visit was to distribute money from the Estate of our late mother.

We were going to transfer money to the accounts of two of our sisters, who are both long term New Zealand residents. Unfortunately, were unable to do so. In light of the Covid situation, which is particularly bad in Nottingham and not wanting to return to the bank, given both my sister are pensioners and in high risk groups, in discussion with the bank worker, we decided the best way forward would be for the bank to issue two cheques that we could then post to New Zealand. The bank worker explained to us the advantages of having the cheques issued in New Zealand Dollars, rather than in Sterling. Two cheques were issued.

We entered the Clumber Street branch of Santander Bank. The purpose of our visit was to distribute money from the Estate of our late mother.

This complaint relates to two cheques issued by that branch. We were going to transfer money to the accounts of two of our sisters, who are both long term New Zealand residents. Unfortunately, were unable to do so. In light of the Covid situation, which is particularly bad in Nottingham and not wanting to return to the bank, given both my sister are in high risk groups, in discussion with the bank worker, we decided the best way forward would be for the bank to issue two cheques that we could then post to New Zealand. The bank worker explained to us the advantages of having the cheques issued in New Zealand Dollars, rather than in Sterling. Two cheques were issued.

Later that day, we told our sisters would be posting them the cheques but one of them said, New Zealand banks are no longer accepting overseas cheques.

The following day my sister cancelled the cheques. However, charges of around £3,000 were deducted by the bank. We have complained to the bank about these excessive and hugely unfair charges but have just been called by Emma Cordingley from the Banks, Glasgow, Head Office, telling me, we will not receive a refund. We accept we should pay some charges but certainly not around £3,000.

Our mother, who died in terrible circumstances, would be appalled by the behaviour of the bank..

The following day my sister cancelled the cheques. However, charges of around £3,000 were deducted by the bank. We have complained to the bank about these excessive and hugely unfair charges but have just been called by a worker from the Banks, Glasgow, Head Office, telling me, we will not receive a refund. We accept we should pay some charges but certainly not around £3,000.

Our mother, who died in terrible circumstances, during the height of Covid outbreak, would be appalled by the behaviour of the bank.

A complaint has been made to the Financial Ombudsman Service, with my MP copied in.

Reviewed on 18th June 2021
Mark Bower 's avatar
Mark Bower

Easy as 123..

Connection is crucial....hands on via text alerts.. informing of various activities including deposits, balance thresholds...clear home page with clear ins and outs and fast payments versatility. Smoothness makes the experience a pleasure.

Reviewed on 17th April 2021
Robert Edington's avatar
Robert Edington

Pretty good if you get enough cashback

As long as you set up all the direct debits etc and use the account the cashback more than pays for the account fee. App is pretty good.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Sambino13's avatar
Sambino13

Fantastic

Nothing much else to write, the title gives it away.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Billy's avatar
Billy

Exceptional quality bank account

It is reassuring knowing that my monet is safe with such a reputable and secure bank - I have been using Santander for years and have not once ran into any problems, and the customer service has always been excellent for any small queries. It simply does the job well, and the interest rate is good.

Reviewed on 8th April 2021

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Amit Takyar's avatar
Amit Takyar

Long term customer

I have been a santander customer since they were still Abbey national and I have always been pleased with the service I have received. I worked for them before the transfer... Read more

I have been a santander customer since they were still Abbey national and I have always been pleased with the service I have received. I worked for them before the transfer too.
I have had several different accounts and products with them and have always been treated very well. Easy to use website and app which has recently given new features to monitor the type of spending which I have made over the month, which is a good feature.

Reviewed on 31st March 2021
Simon Workman's avatar
Simon Workman

Used to be good

Constant changes and reduction in offers. Now not that great, but still marginally better than most high street banks (who offer you basically nothing and are generally unhelpful when you have an issue)

Reviewed on 27th March 2021
Jon Ingleson's avatar
Jon Ingleson

Simple flexible banking

Great mobile app and browser interface. Easy to find what you are looking for. Transactions easy to complete. Great financial analysis feature recently added to mobile app.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
BrianC's avatar
BrianC

I have been with them for a few years now and they have been very good

It has been a very good customer experience since I opened my account with them. I have enjoyed their services. I haven't even had any reason to phone them for any complaints whatsoever

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Basil 's avatar
Basil

vibbrni

sm spkjeni1111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Martina Spitalnikova's avatar
Martina Spitalnikova

Good

Good high street bank with good current account

Reviewed on 20th March 2021
Neil McAllister's avatar
Neil McAllister

Good products

Good rewarding selection of accounts for managing day to day banking business

Reviewed on 19th March 2021
Allan Gilchrist's avatar
Allan Gilchrist

Amazing!!

Fresh clean mobile banking. Makes the whole ordeal of logging into my account making payments all that easier. Trust them entirely with my money!!

Reviewed on 18th March 2021
amyjones's avatar
amyjones

Worst customer service

I don’t trust their app and their customer service stinks

Bob roberts's avatar
Bob roberts

Well packaged current account

Like most current accounts the benefits have reduced in recent years, but I believe 123 still offers a reasonable package of incentives as well as an efficiently managed banking service. The customer service has undoubtedly improved beyond measure in recent years - putting it among the top high street banking providers in my opinion

Cabezaroja's avatar
Cabezaroja

When I need it

I love the current account as it has and overdraft facility that allows me as an apprentice, pay bills and get food as I live on my own.

Rob Marcus's avatar
Rob Marcus

Lovely

Great service I get from online banking and through telephone .

Reviewed on 10th March 2021