Santander 123 Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 891 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Santander 123 Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Santander 123 Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Santander customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Santander customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Santander 123 Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Santander Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your 123 Current Account Reviews

Review Santander's 123 Current Account now

A good bank

had an account with this bank for 15 years, cannot fault them.

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
Glasgowboy's avatar
Glasgowboy

Good service

The staff at branch very helpful and mind service

Reviewed on 22nd January 2022
Poodum4@gmail.com 's avatar
Poodum4@gmail.com

Good Cashback

Easy to use app, good online. Charges have increased though.

Reviewed on 18th January 2022
Mark Hutchings's avatar
Mark Hutchings

No fuss account

No fuss account with cash back and intrest

Reviewed on 17th January 2022
Helen d 's avatar
Helen d

Rewards account users

Account users receive payments for selected direct debits and interest on their balance in exchange for a monthly fee of £4; our fee is always absorbed by the payments we receive.

Reviewed on 17th January 2022
C R B's avatar
C R B

TRULY THE WORST

This is the most awful bank in the world period. Dont even go near them. I did an online transfer and they locked out my account and after 5 calls with one hour wait each timie, and two days still dont know when it will be done. It is being reviewed by back office and within their time ranges they say. Cannot say when it will be done. Their security question asks for a recent transactin amount! with your online account locked out

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
k t's avatar
k t

excellent value, do not need more

honest and reimbursed me for a fraud

Reviewed on 30th September 2021
David Fisher's avatar
David Fisher

Terrible service

Closed local bank, stopped emails, don’t answer phone, can’t contact, very poor bank

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Lize's avatar
Lize

123 account

the interest has fallen, and needs to come-up again

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
mark taylor's avatar
mark taylor

Good service

Best banking i have ever used [perfect]

Reviewed on 4th September 2021
Brian Janes's avatar
Brian Janes

Best Buddy

I can always depend on you Santander. Many thanks for the recent overdraft you have provided me. Very helpul and good to have. God Bless!

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Aurelio Reyes's avatar
Aurelio Reyes

Useless

Moved business account to Santander as branches were easier to get to but now they have shut them all meaning I have to go out my way to pay in a few cheques. Also customer service is woeful ! I shall move business account to someone else and will not use these clowns ever again

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
Aron Shilcock's avatar
Aron Shilcock

Very pleased

Happy customer Have been a customer for over 20yrs

Reviewed on 7th August 2021
Mark Roper's avatar
Mark Roper

Efficient easy to use. Good customer service

I’m very happy with this bank . I get interest on direct debits . Easy to use on line. I feel they are safe and secure

Reviewed on 4th August 2021
Avers's avatar
Avers

Worst bank

Staff is useless simple letter cant send by email making only troubles. Every Staff member telling different things worst bank.

Reviewed on 23rd June 2021
Laurynas Vasylius's avatar
Laurynas Vasylius

Good benefits for mortgage holders

Have only had the 123 account because it is linked to the mortgage but it has been good. It is used infrequently, and mostly for regular bills rather than day to day purchases but the cashback always offsets the account fee at the moment, and occasionally a little more too

Reviewed on 21st June 2021
Richard Ireland's avatar
Richard Ireland

Grossly Excessive Profiteering from the Estate of my late Mother

I recently retired as a senior lecturer at Nottingham Trent University , teaching mainly about crime and am not easily shocked but an experience my sister and I had with Santander bank has truly shocked me.... Read more

On the afternoon of 15 June 2021, my sister and went to the Nottingham, Clumber Street branch of Santander Bank. The purpose of our visit was to distribute money from the Estate of our late mother.

We were going to transfer money to the accounts of two of our sisters, who are both long term New Zealand residents. Unfortunately, were unable to do so. In light of the Covid situation, which is particularly bad in Nottingham and not wanting to return to the bank, given both my sister are pensioners and in high risk groups, in discussion with the bank worker, we decided the best way forward would be for the bank to issue two cheques that we could then post to New Zealand. The bank worker explained to us the advantages of having the cheques issued in New Zealand Dollars, rather than in Sterling. Two cheques were issued.

We entered the Clumber Street branch of Santander Bank. The purpose of our visit was to distribute money from the Estate of our late mother.

This complaint relates to two cheques issued by that branch. We were going to transfer money to the accounts of two of our sisters, who are both long term New Zealand residents. Unfortunately, were unable to do so. In light of the Covid situation, which is particularly bad in Nottingham and not wanting to return to the bank, given both my sister are in high risk groups, in discussion with the bank worker, we decided the best way forward would be for the bank to issue two cheques that we could then post to New Zealand. The bank worker explained to us the advantages of having the cheques issued in New Zealand Dollars, rather than in Sterling. Two cheques were issued.

Later that day, we told our sisters would be posting them the cheques but one of them said, New Zealand banks are no longer accepting overseas cheques.

The following day my sister cancelled the cheques. However, charges of around £3,000 were deducted by the bank. We have complained to the bank about these excessive and hugely unfair charges but have just been called by Emma Cordingley from the Banks, Glasgow, Head Office, telling me, we will not receive a refund. We accept we should pay some charges but certainly not around £3,000.

Our mother, who died in terrible circumstances, would be appalled by the behaviour of the bank..

The following day my sister cancelled the cheques. However, charges of around £3,000 were deducted by the bank. We have complained to the bank about these excessive and hugely unfair charges but have just been called by a worker from the Banks, Glasgow, Head Office, telling me, we will not receive a refund. We accept we should pay some charges but certainly not around £3,000.

Our mother, who died in terrible circumstances, during the height of Covid outbreak, would be appalled by the behaviour of the bank.

A complaint has been made to the Financial Ombudsman Service, with my MP copied in.

Reviewed on 18th June 2021
Mark Bower 's avatar
Mark Bower

Santander 123 Current Account

I've had my Santander 123 Current Account for many years now and it still beats its competitors. Although there is a monthly fee as long as you pay your bills by DD and keep max amount in you are quid's in.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Andy's avatar
Andy

Good service

Great service from Santander. I am able to manage my money much better with the excellent branch service

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Shanaz Younis 's avatar
Shanaz Younis

Easy as 123..

Connection is crucial....hands on via text alerts.. informing of various activities including deposits, balance thresholds...clear home page with clear ins and outs and fast payments versatility. Smoothness makes the experience a pleasure.

Reviewed on 17th April 2021