Yorkshire Bank Current Account Reviews

Yorkshire Bank Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Yorkshire Bank Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Yorkshire Bank customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Yorkshire Bank customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Yorkshire Bank Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Yorkshire Bank Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Your Current Account Reviews

Review Yorkshire Bank's Current Account now

Great customer service

All round good bank - great app for current account which is so easy to use. Friendly staff there if you need them

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
dhew57's avatar
dhew57

Yorkshire's Great Bank

I have banked with the Yorkshire Bank for many years and in that time, the staff have always been, friendly , professional and informative.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Ally's avatar
Ally

Garbage bank

Since virgin money have taken over they have gone downhill RAPIDLY I’ve had to get the ombudsman involved twice and both times found in my favour.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Paul's avatar
Paul

Great Bank, Great Service!

I have been with Yorkshire Bank since I had a children's account and their customer service regarding my current account has been nothing short of exceptional throughout the 10+ years I have been with them. It is, however, a shame that there are no physical branches in London as I now find it difficult to do anything which requires a physical presence.

Reviewed on 3rd May 2020
Melissa's avatar
Melissa

Helped me with fraud

My card was stolen and used fraudulently, I phoned Yorkshire bank, the first CSR told me that it wasn't fraud because the person had used my PIN. I told him this was impossible as my PIN I not written down and nobody else knows it. Still he insisted the PIN was used.
After an hour of confusion I chatted to an online representative, who confirmed that the payments were made via contactless and to phone up again.
I phoned again and another rep this time confirmed it was contactless and definitely fraud, 5 days later I have a new card and the money has been refunded.
While I am happy to get it sorted I feel like if I hadn't have pursued them they would have just ignored my fraud report.
Very disappointed with the customer service in this case and also the overdraft fees are pure extortion of the poor.

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Ste's avatar
Ste

Fab service at Yorkshire Bank

I’ve been a customer here for years and whenever I need help their customer service team is so polite and helpful!

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Sophia Tennant Hosein's avatar
Sophia Tennant Hosein

Easy to manage

Great online banking and customer service

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
James Thompson's avatar
James Thompson

Nice banking experience since 2 years.

I have been using Yorkshire bank since 2 years now and it is my primary bank. It’s awesome and I love the services that’s been offered.

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Noman Malik's avatar
Noman Malik

Modern banking

Since they introduced their webchat facility via online banking, i can quickly and easily get any queries answered. Great work keeping up to date with the modern day customer

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Amie J's avatar
Amie J

Call centre in Scotland

There are about as Yorkshire as a kilt

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Nick's avatar
Nick

Friendly and helpful contact

Telephoned this morning to be greeted by friendly knowledgeable and exceedingly helpful chap. He dealt with all my queries satisfactorily and I replaced receiver a very happy bunny. Well done Yorkshire Bank. Would not wish to bank elsewhere

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020
Mrs Yvonne Spencer's avatar
Mrs Yvonne Spencer

Friendly and helpful contact

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020
Mrs Yvonne Spencer's avatar
Mrs Yvonne Spencer

Best bank I've used

I simply can't fault Yorkshire bank, nothing is too much trouble.

Reviewed on 10th January 2020
Tim Bain's avatar
Tim Bain

Yorkshire bank for all yorkshire folk

Been with them 25 years. perfect service every time

Reviewed on 21st November 2019
lydiadenton1's avatar
lydiadenton1

Worst of the worst banks

We all know banks can be a problem and their practices and attitudes are questionable at the best of times but I have to say Yorkshire Bank have the worst system I have ever... Read more

We all know banks can be a problem and their practices and attitudes are questionable at the best of times but I have to say Yorkshire Bank have the worst system I have ever encountered.
Their telephone customer relations are a pantomime and I would warn people against buying tickets for it.
I had previously gone through their security checks on the phone to resolve an earlier problem successfully transferring a total of £1000 to another bank with the help of a call handler.
At this point all was well and I considered it to be the end of the matter....but oh no. Minutes later I received a telephone message asking me to contact their fraud department. I'm not sure what sort of training they are given but it is woefully inadequate and seems to turn them into robotic characters devoid of initiative or ability to think for themselves.
It's a very sad reflection of what used to be a good bank with competent staff.
Anyway, what should have been a resolved situation with a satisfied long term and loyal customer ended with a so called manager (Kevin Walker) yes....he should be named and shamed, insisting I call into a branch (20 miles away and highly inconvenient) to offer id in order to unblock an account that was entirely needlessly frozen.
Concluding advice: Take your business to any other bank!

Reviewed on 9th October 2019
John's avatar
John

avoid at all costs

absolutely terrible... Read more

absolutely terrible bank
each phonecall to customer service is minimum 30 mins.
awful customer service, staff are a shambles.
app is jerky and temperamental
the overdraft limits are shockingly low and you have to literally get on your knees to beg for a raise (typically 300pounds every 3+ months)
8 weeks investigation period for any issues
overall, terrible bank AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Reviewed on 27th August 2019
fahad rashid's avatar
fahad rashid

Dreadful bank now

I’ve been a Yorkshire Bank customer for 40+ years but the last couple of years have been bad , mainly the online banking or Mobile app . The IT dept change passwords or platforms without informing anyone defeating the object of being able to easily pay bills or transfer funds . The complaints dept basically lie .

Reviewed on 20th June 2019
YBSsucks123's avatar
YBSsucks123

Brilliant bank

I've been disappointed by several banks, ut Yorkshire are a breath of fresh air, so helpful and efficient.

Reviewed on 10th June 2019
Tim Bain's avatar
Tim Bain

Ap not working!!

I reported this issue two days ago - still keeps blocking me out. They have a lot of my cash and I can’t access it using the ap.

Reviewed on 14th March 2019
Susan Keane 's avatar
Susan Keane

Useless

YB should rebrand themselves as the NIghtmare... Read more

YB should rebrand themselves as the NIghtmare Bank.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to create a business account with them.

God only know how bad their services are if anyone ever manages to solve the Crypton Factor style application and get through to actually opening an account.

Suggest : STAY AWAY.