Charter Savings Bank: Notice Account reviews

Based on 15 reviews, last reviewed 3rd Oct 2022

Great Notice Account Great Account with great Rate. Not so keen on the Dashboard but they do email me when funds have been received Reviewed on: 23rd January 2022
DaveO's avatar
DaveO

Poor communication 90 notice accounts. Rates increased, I was just out of cooling off by one day. They refuse to increase my account, now an easy access paying more tha... Read more Reviewed on: 3rd October 2022

About the Notice Account

Charter Savings Bank savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Charter Savings Bank. How easy is it to contact Charter Savings Bank? And how friendly are they? Our Charter Savings Bank savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Review Charter Savings Bank: Notice Account now

Charter Savings Bank Notice Account reviews (15)

Poor communication

90 notice accounts. Rates increased, I was just out of cooling off by one day. They refuse to increase my account, now an easy access paying more that my notice. You cannot call this an variable account, more a 90 day fixed . Its not mentioned anywhere in terms and conditions that this is the case. customer service is poor. Rates are good ,but sadly not passed on. Very disappointed. Giving notice yo close account. Reviewed on: 3rd October 2022

Great Notice Account

DaveO's avatar
DaveO

Go somewhere else

An absolute disgrace. No customer loyalty. You’ll get more from your bank than these Shylocks. They’ve USED our hard earned savings since 2015. All sweetness and light to begin with, new investors please sign here..... Terrible bother to set up. The paperwork they sent out for an online account was out of order, however no more paper interest statements or paper/email communication since 2018. Because of the appalling interest rates they wrote by letter saying the 95 days would be wavered if we wished to move to another of their products. Since 2018 they’ve never contacted us in any shape or form to warn of the rate drop, new products, or interest statement for HMRC. Online is useless. My username ID doesn’t work although I haven’t changed it. I’ve frantically tried to contact them because my interest went from 1.7% to 0.5%. Impossible to phone them - Covid excuse. Today I had a brief hiatus from treatment and tried again to phone (20th time this year according to my phone log/ last year no staff presumably). After waiting another 1.5 hours for someone/anyone to answer the phone I got through!!! I requested moving to a higher interest account but Sarah categorically refused. They also deny the 95 day waver. I must also wait 5 days for a supervisor to explain how I remove MY hard earned savings when the 95 days is up. Just don’t bother. When interest rates go up, the party will be over for these Shylocks milking our hard earned savings. No customer service. No customer loyalty. Plenty of better places to store your money. You’ll get more and better service from your bank. Ombudsman next. Reviewed on: 19th January 2022
S Rob's avatar
S Rob

BAD ATTITUDE TO CUSTOMERS

AFTER ISSUES WITH TRYING TO SET UP NOMINATED ACCOUNT ASKED TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER WAS TOLD IT MAY TAKE 48 HOURS. EVENTUALLY I SPOKE TO A SUPPOSEDLY MANAGER WHO THEN TOLD ME ALL WAS FIXED WITH NOMINATED ACCOUNT ONLY TO LOG IN AND FIND IT WAS UNTRUE. I THINK IF I WAS NOT WHITE AND AGED I MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET MORE TRUTH FROM THE MANAGER WHO IN MY OPINION SHOULD NOT BE EMPLOYED BY ANY BANK INCAPABLE PERSON. STILL WAITING OF PHONE CALL WILL MOVE MY MONEY WHEN I CAN A VERY AGED ENGLISH WHITE PENSIONER Reviewed on: 20th November 2021
FRANK's avatar
FRANK

Do you have a different Charter Savings Bank product?

Charter Savings Bank has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products