Charter Savings Bank: Fixed Rate Bond reviews

Based on 48 reviews, last reviewed 7th Dec 2022
75% decrease in 1 star reviews

top bank been with charters for bonds got good % every time they always answer probs via secure message service and promptley also got good rates with them on ... Read more Reviewed on: 29th November 2022
lizred's avatar
lizred

Frustrated that they don't action anything Over a month ago I tried to transfer money from the ISA account to the original account where the money came from, its taken 5 phone calls and nothing... Read more Reviewed on: 7th December 2022
Kussum's avatar
Kussum

About the Fixed Rate Bond

Charter Savings Bank bond reviews are honest reviews written by people like you. While many people look at the interest rates on offer, what about the Charter Savings Bank's customer service? Smart Money People is fast becoming the UK's leading source of independent Charter Savings Bank bond reviews. We need your help! By writing your honest reviews, you can help increase trust and transparency in the financial world.

Review Charter Savings Bank: Fixed Rate Bond now

Charter Savings Bank Fixed Rate Bond reviews (48)

Frustrated that they don't action anything

Over a month ago I tried to transfer money from the ISA account to the original account where the money came from, its taken 5 phone calls and nothing has been resolved. I made a compliant and was told someone will ring in 3 days, it's been 6 days and no call. I've sent another letter over a week ago and no response. They are still holding my mother's savings and i am unable to help her to transfer the money back. I would not recommend this bank. Reviewed on: 7th December 2022
Kussum's avatar
Kussum

top bank

been with charters for bonds got good % every time they always answer probs via secure message service and promptley also got good rates with them on another account were you can withdraw anytime so excellant , Reviewed on: 29th November 2022
lizred's avatar
lizred

Use to be good...

Unfortunately unlike other BS who increases the interest rate on your notice ac automatically , Charter does not, held for over an hour on the phone, 2 weeks ago to see if as an existing customer whether I can go into a higher interest ac without giving 90 days notice, I couldn't so pulling my funds out and going to a BS who cares about their customers money. Reviewed on: 1st November 2022

Cruel CSB

We have invested in a fixed bond with CSB that expires next summer. However, few months ago I had major surgery and can't work for the next 6 to 12 months, hence needed some of the savings invested to live on. Although the terms are strict about fixed bonds withdrawals, I have asked CSB to help and after 5 weeks of trying they asked for monthly outgoing expenditure which I provided. They paid approx 3 months' worth. When this run out, I had to ask for more again which CSB again asked for another monthly expenditure which I obliged. However, this time they are asking for bank statements on exactly what we are spending the money on as if we are liars and doing something else with the money. The difficulty is we are using credit cards and some of money paid in borrowed for our family which is not easy just to submit a bank statement. A Bank rep called us and wasn't interested in the circumstances just to say that's the terms if you want further withdrawals which he subsequently sent a letter to confirm his stance. This behaviour is cruel and immoral and total disregard for the difficult circumstances we are enduring in our daily life. We have decided to keep our dignity and self respect and had to take a loan and sell our car to survive for now. Please let this be a lesson if you are considering doing business with CSB. P.S One special thanks to Gregory Allyne whom dealt with our requests and understood our circumstances but unfortunately the senior management who made the cruel decisions. Reviewed on: 19th October 2022
Flymo's avatar
Flymo

Do you have a different Charter Savings Bank product?

Charter Savings Bank has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products