Emergency Assist: Breakdown Cover reviews

Based on 10 reviews, last reviewed 5th Feb 2024

N/A

This product has not received a review of either 4 or 5 stars.

On 28th January 2024 had a tyre blow out managed to... On 28th January 2024 had a tyre blow out managed to drive to a lay-by on a very busy dual carriageway. Phoned EA but they wouldn’t attend unless I cou... Read more Reviewed on: 5th February 2024
David B's avatar
David B

About the Breakdown Cover

Looking for Emergency Assist breakdown cover reviews? Read on to see what people are saying about this company on Smart Money People. Our users comment on everything you could want to know in a breakdown cover policy − customer care, call out times, etc. so that you can make better decisions when choosing your next breakdown cover company - be it Emergency Assist or someone else.

Review Emergency Assist: Breakdown Cover now

Emergency Assist Breakdown Cover reviews (10)

On 28th January 2024 had a tyre blow out managed to...

On 28th January 2024 had a tyre blow out managed to drive to a lay-by on a very busy dual carriageway. Phoned EA but they wouldn’t attend unless I could prove I had a new battery fitted 11 months earlier due to a flat battery. I provided a receipt from Halfords but they still refused to attend as it didn’t have the car reg on it??. I explained on four occasions that Halfords don’t note car reg on receipts when fitting new batteries therefore physically impossible to provide something that doesn’t exist and if they did add one at this stage it would be fraudulent. All they offered was a charge of £125 for them to attend. As I was stranded I had to pay for a taxi to get home then pay for someone to remove damaged tyre and fit skinny spare. I’ve cancelled my policy with EA and signed up with Green Flag Reviewed on: 5th February 2024
David B's avatar
David B

SCAM BREAKDOWN COMPANY

This company would not attend my daughter when she was stranded with a flat tyre due to a pothole... they simply said "we don't do pothole call outs" !! we were and still are really angry about it as she was in the countryside and it was a Sunday and no local tow trucks were answering their phones !! she managed to get help eventually bit meant leaving the car jacked up on a verge til the next day !! She cancelled that cover immediately and now has cover elsewhere !! its a total scam of a company and seems to find any excuse not to attend !! Reviewed on: 20th January 2024
Ali 's avatar
Ali

Worst company ever

Worst company ever ,call handlers tell you different things ,told me I needed to pay to be recovered if I didn't have proof of a previous repair which I did have and then when asked would I be refunded on showing proof I was told NO , then when I called back the next call handler said I would be refunded but the recovery money had gone up from £105 to £269 , seriously avoid at all cost ,now with a proper breakdown company,it's true what they say you get what you pay for obliviously now I know why EMERGENCY ASSIST are so cheap ,cheap firm ,save your money and go with one of the 3 proper breakdown firms , EMERGENCY ASSIST SHOCKING COMPANY Reviewed on: 3rd January 2024
Craig w's avatar
Craig w

AVOID AVOID AVOID

£94.80 cancelled call out fee. Yes I know it's in the terms and conditions but when you phone back after 5 minutes to cancel callout you would think common sense would prevail? Reviewed on: 28th December 2023
Julia's avatar