Nationwide Tracker Rate Mortgage Reviews

Nationwide mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Nationwide mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Nationwide Review Insight

Best Mortgage Provider Winner of ‘Best Mortgage Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017

Your Tracker Rate Mortgage Reviews

Review Nationwide's Tracker Rate Mortgage now

Excellent rates, knowledgeable staff

Cheap mortgage rate, good overpayment... Read more

Cheap mortgage rate, good overpayment terms.
Fabulous in branch (mine is in North Herts)
Slow to answer the phone at times, but you ALWAYS get someone who knows the answer to your query. Good opening hours. They're like the informed, capable adults of the call centre world. (AVIVA pensions call centre manager - take note!)
Good app, strong seeming security, low mortgage rates. Plus its a building society so ethically you know they get a tick.

Reviewed on 4th March 2021
Sarsarsar's avatar
Sarsarsar

flexible

flexible and helpful. had confidence that they would what they said when they said it

Reviewed on 15th April 2019
montycryer's avatar
montycryer

Great Value For Money Nation Wide

Total transparency, always fair, great customer service, large product range & very competitive pricing provide customers with great value for money. What else is there to say!!

Reviewed on 12th December 2018
RichardH's avatar
RichardH

SImple to set up

Excellent communication, simple to set up

Reviewed on 20th September 2018
Abbie Webb's avatar
Abbie Webb

Good flexible product.

Easy to use this lender and great product and support.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2018
Sarah Mercer's avatar
Sarah Mercer

Quick and easy

Nationwide were extremely helpful when we applied for our second mortgage. They were easy to get hold of and we had one person who handled our file. We could contact them if we needed to. Bb

Reviewed on 9th April 2018
Jo Sains's avatar
Jo Sains

great service

Always get a good service from nationwide

Reviewed on 8th April 2018
jenna 's avatar
jenna

Great rates and efficient service

Reviewed on 11th February 2018
Yvette D's avatar
Yvette D

Easy simple great product and rate

Easy to apply. Admin is simple and plain English. Rate is one of the best on market. No penalties for repaying lump sums early

Reviewed on 31st December 2017
Simon butcher's avatar
Simon butcher

Great customer service

Had a great experience getting a new mortgage deal, phone call was at a time to suit us and all done over the phone. Very simple and great communication - text messages and emails which were sent very quickly. Also a great rate for us. Would reccomend

Reviewed on 15th November 2017
Emily Lucy Greentree's avatar
Emily Lucy Greentree

Flexible overpayments

Tracker deal allows unlimited overpayments with no charges. Also as I am a current account holder, received a cashback bonus. Good products, incentives and customer service. Their website is also very intuitive and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 8th November 2017
Ben Rose's avatar
Ben Rose

Excellent Service

Been a while since I had a mortgage but have to say these guys are ultra professional and I got the best deal I could find on the market, beating just about all the brokers but dealing with somebody face to face in a real bank not just a third a party who I know just wanted to earn the most commission out of me. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3rd July 2017
Steve 's avatar
Steve

Tip top for old and new

Have to say I have been a happy customer of Nationwide for decades - principally because they are loyal to their old customers as well as trying to entice new. We all enjoy great rates, thanks to their brilliant attitude and approach. Customer service is excellent too, and mistakes extremely rare.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017
Liz Rodgers's avatar
Liz Rodgers

Great custom service

My general day to day contact with nationwide has always been prompt and efficient. They are always well presented, well informed and have never let me down.

Reviewed on 9th September 2016
Carl Taylor's avatar
Carl Taylor

Nationwide BMR Mortgage

The recent handling by Nationwide of the rate cut to 0.25% by the Bank of England was excellent. They quickly adjusted mortgage rate by same reduction, and provided good explanation and detail of the change very quickly after the Bank's annoucement

Reviewed on 6th September 2016
DCass's avatar
DCass

Nationwide re-mortgage - existing customer to new fix

My 3 year fixed rate came to an end and I needed to re-mortgage in order to not end up on the standard rate. I looked at Nationwide products for existing customers to change to, did a comparison and applied to change online (available 3 months before the end of the current deal).

Everything was done smoothly online, the house valuation updated automatically, and was notified almost immediately of the product change acceptance. Didn't have to speak to anyone or get any new surveys done - excellent!

Reviewed on 6th September 2016
Barbara Kendal's avatar
Barbara Kendal

Very Helpful Staff

nationwide is a good wee bank there very helpful staff and the breach in Ballymena Northern Ireland are very Helpful too, Keep up the good work.

Reviewed on 5th September 2016
Andrew Wray's avatar
Andrew Wray

Supportive and reassuring every step of the way

Myself and my partner recently took out a mortgage with Nationwide and were really impressed with their service.... Read more

We received the usual updates via post, and also email and text message. I felt supported every step of the way and was left in no doubt we had made a good decision to take out such an important financial product with them.
They even sent us a lovely welcome package, which was waiting for us when we arrived in our new house! It was full of useful goodies and such a nice thought.
I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5th September 2016
Sarah-Jayne's avatar
Sarah-Jayne

Mortgages from Nationwide Building Society.

My partner and I applied to Nationwide for a mortgage to purchase our first house. We had obtained leaflets from most High St banks and building societies, and were honestly baffled by the terminology used, and the various terms and... Read more

My partner and I applied to Nationwide for a mortgage to purchase our first house. We had obtained leaflets from most High St banks and building societies, and were honestly baffled by the terminology used, and the various terms and conditions.
Upon recommendation from family we mad an appointment with our local Nationwide branch.
We were made to feel relaxed throughout the meeting, explaining the ins and outs of mortgages, insurance cover etc. in a professional but informal manner.
Any questions were answered to our satisfaction, and the whole process was made hassle-free by the personal manner of the Nationwide team.
We were kept informed by phone at every stage of the application, both for the mortgage and related insurance policies ie critical illness, buildings insurance etc.
These were explained well by Nationwide, and did not feel under pressure at any time.
Communication with Nationwide was excellent throughout, and if anyone asks us now for advice regarding choosing a mortgage provider we instantly advise Nationwide.

Reviewed on 31st August 2016
david hyslop's avatar
david hyslop

Lots of hoops, not much benefit

Getting the mortgage involved jumping through a lot of hoops that were not clearly laid out in advance, which was frustrating. It's not easy to overpay in a way that reduced the capital amount, nor is the provider very communicative. However, the regular payments are fine, and there have been no issues with spam or marketing.

Reviewed on 31st August 2016