Swinton Insurance Home Insurance Reviews

Swinton home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Swinton handle your home insurance claim? Our Swinton home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Swinton? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Swinton Insurance's Home Insurance now

Great value

Best value for money available for my circumstances

Reviewed on 15th August 2022
ryn's avatar
ryn

300% increase on renewal? No Thanks

My home and content s came through and the core policy has increased from £211 to £638. Over 300% No claim, no changes to the policy, No claim ever so have max 10 years no claims. Not even going to dignify ripoff Swintons renewal with a response as the Read more

No claim, no changes to the policy, No claim ever so have max 10 years no claims. Not even going to dignify ripoff Swintons renewal with a response as the only response to that is cancel and never go back

Reviewed on 2nd July 2022
Lee Oakley's avatar
Lee Oakley

Ripoff Company

Swinton Home Insurance charged me £56.98 to cancel my policy after 4 months, this is the same price for 12 months cover!!!!!!

Reviewed on 28th March 2022
Tina Green's avatar
Tina Green

Traumatised by my experience with Swinton.

I feel so terribly sorry for anyone who has taken insurance out with this unprofessional and morally questionable company. If you are vulnerable and have suffered them, you have my deepest sympathy. I have endured the most traumatic year of my life with Read more

I have endured the most traumatic year of my life without any support from Swinton - despite having three different home insurance policies sold to me by them.
After an unscrupulous landlord in the flat above me allowed a leak into my hone to continue for up to a year, without any attempted remedy, I have lived with leaks into my home every few days, two fire brigade visits and a ceiling that collapsed above me - and Swinton informed me yesterday that definitively I was not covered for this; the case is clear cut - property owner negligence - and my documents clearly state that I am covered for a leak from another property. In communication with Swinton, I have developed deep seated anxiety and mental frailty. I have been patronised on more than one occasion by home legal (their legal branch) and despite sending a wealth of evidence to them unequivocally proving landlord negligence, home legal refused my case. In communication with Swinton they had stated that there was a possibility of moving forward with a case initially, yet Swinton still informed me that I had no case. In addition they have refused to log my latest complaint.
Last year Swinton changed my home insurance to a company that uses a credit firm to set up customer direct debits. I was looking into a mortgage at the time and deliberately avoided purchasing anything on HP to ensure that I was not having other credit checks done, to ensure I sustained my healthy credit rating. Yet unbeknown to me Swinton facilitated the move to a company that carries out credit checks.
Getting through to anyone on the phone is challenging - and that is before coved 19.
Most times I have had to communicate with Swinton in the past year I have ended up in tears, distressed by the situation. I have been sold three null and void insurance policies by this company - none of which are covering me for my leak and I cook and eat beneath an exposed sewage pipe in my kitchen with half a ceiling - with no recourse to support.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Meridian Streep's avatar
Meridian Streep

Unfairly refused claim

Swinton Insurance refused a claim for damage to roof, even though an independent builder backed up the claim. I believe the refusal to accept the claim was unfair, poor customer service of course, and I would not want to use that company again.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
Andy Keen's avatar
Andy Keen

Excellent fast and trustworthy

Only had to claim once but there was hassle. Called and they asked the details asked if we wanted anyone sent or we could get someone to do a report. Sorted and paid in two weeks

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
amtucks's avatar
amtucks

Always reliable and great customer service

I've used Swinton for various insurance products over the years and love that I can often speak to someone local. Customer service has always been excellent.

Reviewed on 8th September 2019
AmandaT's avatar
AmandaT

Great for home insurance

Efficient and excellent service. Pleasant an knowledgeable staff

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
Kath Amis's avatar
Kath Amis

What you would hope

Easy to contact on the phone, they even offer advice outside of the policy and recommended local firms after we had moved house and didn't know companies in the area (locksmiths). Mostly though got our problem sorted quickly.

Reviewed on 21st July 2019
Elisabeth Ries's avatar
Elisabeth Ries

Perfect service!

I have always been treated with respect by advisers over the phone and rewarded for my loyalty

Reviewed on 5th July 2019
Tany2's avatar
Tany2

Helpful staff

Staff were knowledgeable and helpful when we renewed our house insurance recently.

Reviewed on 7th September 2018
Tre's avatar
Tre

good value for money

Came up cheapest of insurance companies I knew. Site ok to navigate. If lost chat sorts it out pretty quick.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2018
bry maye's avatar
bry maye

Terrible Company. Waste of money!!!

Had a very unfortunate accident with a shovel in my front garden damaging a small garden wall (2ft tall) and they rejected my claim stating the wall showed evidence of wear and tear. The worst thing of all is that they sent some random self proclaimed Read more

The worst thing of all is that they sent some random self proclaimed surveyor from the local area to put together a report. I got CCTV at my property and this guy turned up, looked at the wall and left within 2 minutes maybe 3 by a push.

Absolute waste of money. Will never recommend to anyone or choose to go with SWINTON again. the 'Accidental Cover option' is a lie and borderline mis selling.

STAY AWAY!

Reviewed on 6th August 2018
Atif's avatar
Atif

Cheap, no hassle insurance

I was quoted a large sum with my previous insurance supplier. Swinton beat them by £20 per year. Great value for money!!

Reviewed on 29th July 2018
Stephen Carr's avatar
Stephen Carr

BEST AVOIDED

UNRELIABLE. DIRECT DEBITS INVARIABLY GO WRONG, IN FAVOUR OF SWINTON. LOTS OF GET OUT CLAUSES IN SMALL PRINT, IN FAVOUR OF SWINTON. POORLY TRAINED INSURANNCE CLERKS. TREAT CUTOMERS LIKE RUBBISH. A COMPANY BEST AVOIDED!

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
TREVOR JONES's avatar
TREVOR JONES

Electric bikes dumped by home insurer

Astonished to hear that electric bikes are not covered by home insurance, despite this being a fast growing and very important transport and fitness option for all ages and abilities. Yet another example of how UK industry lags behind our European neig Read more

Astonished to hear that electric bikes are not covered by home insurance, despite this being a fast growing and very important transport and fitness option for all ages and abilities. Yet another example of how UK industry lags behind our European neighbours. Electric bikes offer a real solution to urban transport issues - including recreational and the infamous school run congestion, and yet Swinton doesn't seem to have heard of them.

Reviewed on 28th September 2017
Christopher Trim's avatar
Christopher Trim

professional yet friendly

always approachable and friendly and no automated service

Reviewed on 27th September 2017
sarah debond's avatar
sarah debond

friendly and helpful

Swinton Home Insurance have proved best value, and are friendly and helpful people to do business with.

Reviewed on 26th September 2017
Roy Star's avatar
Roy Star

Saved £100 switching

Returned to Swinton after 8 years with Direct Line - they got too expensive. Usual raft of questions - some impossible to answer so best guessing. But it's the same no matter who you deal with. Doing it On-line was straightforward.

Reviewed on 20th September 2017
Mark Towers's avatar
Mark Towers

They made a mistake but put it right

I've used Swintons for a number of years for home insurance,this year I received my insurance documents with out the usual letter telling me how much our insurance would be.Most years the letter arrives saying the insurance will be so much ,at which poin Read more

I've used Swintons for a number of years for home insurance,this year I received my insurance documents with out the usual letter telling me how much our insurance would be.Most years the letter arrives saying the insurance will be so much ,at which point I usually start looking on comparison websites for cheaper quotes (like for like).
When this didn't happen this year ,I just telephoned their (uk based) call center ,I spoke to a lovely lady who said a renewal letter had been sent out the previous month and apologized for it not turning up.
The lady then calculated the cost of a new policy and gave a discount when I said I had a quote from an online comparison site cheaper.
Job sorted no fuss and I understood every word the lady said.

Reviewed on 5th September 2017