Admiral Home Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 4,100 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

The Admiral home insurance reviews on Smart Money People are written by ordinary people like you. We’ve got thousands of genuine reviews to help you select the right cover for your home, lifestyle and budget.

Your home is likely to be the most expensive purchase you ever make, and home insurance protects everything inside your home too, from fixtures and fittings to your possessions, so it couldn’t be more important to make the right choice. Admiral is one of the most well-established insurance providers on the market, and our Admiral home insurance reviews span various levels of cover, as well as the different types of protection it offers, from buildings insurance, to contents insurance, to combined, so you’re sure to find recommendations relevant to you.

Have you ever had a policy with Admiral? You can tell us about it by leaving your own review below. If you’re not sure what to write about, why not include your experience with customer support, how you found the sign up process, or share your thoughts on whether it’s good value for money. Including details such as the kind of policy you’ve taken out or whether it was easy to claim can also help other homeowners make the right decision.

Smart Money People is the UK’s largest financial services review site. Together, we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services. Leave an Admiral home insurance review below.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Home Insurance Reviews

4,100 reviews

Review Admiral's Home Insurance now

Home Insurance

not much to say really only in touch by email

Reviewed on 15th September 2022
gaynor gulaiczuk's avatar
gaynor gulaiczuk

Very disappointed

Hi, I’m very disappointed with this company. I was looking for new home insurance and Admiral gave me one quote. However, when I wanted to pay it said that I need to call them. When I called, they told me that the price will be £100 extra because I called Read more

Hi, I’m very disappointed with this company. I was looking for new home insurance and Admiral gave me one quote. However, when I wanted to pay it said that I need to call them. When I called, they told me that the price will be £100 extra because I called my insurance company 2 years ago. They said to prove that I did not make a claim, I have to contact my old insurance and get a letter confirming this. My old insurance company sent this letter showing 5 years of no claims or accidents. However, they said it is not enough and they want to know what was I talking about with the insurance company 2 years ago. Just wasted my time and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 13th September 2022
Gareth Gasparian's avatar
Gareth Gasparian

Disaster

Went on to get an insurance quotation for contents insurance, I was on the phone for over 30 minutes, they asked me if I had any claims in the last 5 years, I said no, then they informed me of three claims I had, I advised them that these were with my FA Read more

Went on to get an insurance quotation for contents insurance, I was on the phone for over 30 minutes, they asked me if I had any claims in the last 5 years, I said no, then they informed me of three claims I had, I advised them that these were with my FAMILY LEGAL EXPENSES POLICIES, No claims for my contents, they advised me of the claims and the claim numbers, they advised me that they did not take into account Legal Expenses claims, BUT I HAD GET THEM PROOF OF THESE CLAIMS, If they have the information why does it not state LEGAL EXPENSES CLAIMS, so they advised me that I have to get proof of these Legal Expenses Claims, Dont waste you time with this company all they want to do is give you hassel as I have had no Contents Insurance Claims for over 30 years, DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME THEY ARE TIME WASTERS.

Reviewed on 29th August 2022
Dylan Dougan's avatar
Dylan Dougan

Don't buy travel insurance from these snake-oil salesmen

Do not take out a travel insurance policy with these charlatans or you'll regret it. I was admitted to St Luke's Medical Centre in Quezon City, the Philippines, in July suffering from dehydration and high blood pressure. In addition to charging me for med Read more

Do not take out a travel insurance policy with these charlatans or you'll regret it. I was admitted to St Luke's Medical Centre in Quezon City, the Philippines, in July suffering from dehydration and high blood pressure. In addition to charging me for medications that I was not actually prescribed, the Centre provided me with an inaccurate medical report and other documentation. For example, the Director of Emergency Care, Dr Arnel M. Tolosa, has claimed in writing that I had reported my symptoms on two occasions to the hospital - a complete and utter lie and I can prove it.

More seriously, they wrongly claimed that my condition had been caused by excessive alcohol consumption. In fact, I was stone-cold sober when I was admitted and had only imbibed a small amount of alcohol some seven hours before. The much more likely cause was food poisoning or a bad reaction to heat, which staff acknowledged to me verbally at the time.

However, Admiral, being monumentally dishonest, unscrupulous and money-grabbing charlatans, have taken St Luke's fabrications at face value and are refusing to pay out my insurance claim for the treatment and the changes to my travel plans it necessitated. This has cost me around £1700. While Admiral refuse to accept the obvious flaws in St Luke's documentation, I can provide eyewitnesses who will swear on affidavits that I had ingested a tiny amount of alcohol that would not have caused my condition. I can also obtain a second medical opinion that would contradict the judgements made by St Luke's staff. But of course Admiral will not accept this evidence because it would compel them to pay up what they owe me.

Moreover, their organisation is riddled with incompetence from top to bottom. I have had a separate complaint upheld about being misled time and again by their phone agents. Their compensation offer? An insulting £50.

I have been travelling for work and pleasure for 20 years and never have I come across a travel insurance provider this greedy, unhelpful and downright mendacious. Avoid them at all cost - or you'll find it'll cost you an awful lot.

Reviewed on 25th August 2022
Tom Sykes's avatar
Tom Sykes

Excellent service easy to amend on line

Reviewed on 23rd August 2022
Karen 's avatar
Karen

the best

The best company to join…………………..

Reviewed on 22nd August 2022
Ivan's avatar
Ivan

Happy customer

Low cost insurance and very easy to communicate with admiral

Reviewed on 18th August 2022
Lorraine plympton's avatar
Lorraine plympton

Terrible experience

I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to renew my home insurance online. Tried half a dozen times and it just kept failing. So I called them and after another three attempts, including being cut off by their agent, finally managed to renew. The whole proc Read more

So I called them and after another three attempts, including being cut off by their agent, finally managed to renew. The whole process took about 45 minutes when it should hav3 taken 2.

Reviewed on 17th August 2022
wozziemail@btopenworld.com's avatar
wozziemail@btopenworld.com

Happy customer, and I'm not easily impressed

Was very impressed with knowledgeable and courteous sales rep

Reviewed on 16th August 2022
Joanne Holmes 's avatar
Joanne Holmes

Competitive prices and great service

I have used Admiral for some years now. Unlike other providers my premium goes down every year! Great website and customer service….in fairness a quality insurance provider.

Andy's avatar
Andy

Fantastic company

Fantastic company, always very competitive, always very helpful whenever you call, overall great experience everytime.

Sophie's avatar
Sophie

Could not be easier

Home car and 3 drivers on one good quality policy that i couldn’t get cheaper bought separately

Samantha's avatar
Samantha

Havent had to use it

I can only provide based on my knowledge of ordering which has been a delight and easy, affordable and documentation posted through with ease. Never hesturste not go recon

Tom Pickford's avatar
Tom Pickford

Cannot fault them

Have insured through admiral for years and never had any real issues! Renewals have been real simple and hassle free. Would highly recommend!

Tom's avatar
Tom

All about the sales, not about customer loyalty anymore

Apart from the odd sales email, admiral does not make contact until it’s time to renew my insurance - again, another sales email ! Customer loyalty doesn’t even come into the equation any more, like it used to be years ago . . . It’s all about the mone Read more

Customer loyalty doesn’t even come into the equation any more, like it used to be years ago . . . It’s all about the money, no or no the loyalty

Phil Harris's avatar
Phil Harris

Multicar & Home, Excellent Provider.

Without a doubt the best value for money policy I’ve found, which covers three cars and our Home insurance - especially catering for some specialist items such as my expensive hearing aids. Easy to deal with, easy to quote, and an excellent User Interf Read more

Easy to deal with, easy to quote, and an excellent User Interface for mobile app AND desktop.

10/10

Andrew Williams's avatar
Andrew Williams

Very helpful staff and efficient service

robin pellow's avatar
robin pellow

Best insurance ever

Don't go anywhere else, they are the best, always offer me a discount. I have 2 houses and 2 cars. Thank you Admiral.

Danut's avatar
Danut

Easy, reliable, saves me time and money!

Hayley's avatar
Hayley

Second year renewal at a reasonable cost!

I have Admiral multi cover and they are the first insurance company that haven’t bumped my renewal up by a ridiculous amount so I have renewed with them this year. I can also recommend their service . Thank you.

Stephen Stead's avatar