Admiral Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 8,938 reviews       Last review 1 day ago
  Visit website

Admiral car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Admiral car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Admiral before, you too can write a short Admiral car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Admiral Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Car Insurance Reviews

8,938 reviews

Review Admiral's Car Insurance now

Utter disgrace

I've just moved home and my other Insurers (house and van) changed the correspondence address without charge but not Admiral who wanted £25 to change it on the phone / £9.50 online! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
reg's avatar
reg

Plainly dishonest

Horrible to deal with, standby for over an hour on hold before talking to an unfriendly , pre-programed customer representative. blatantly dishonest policies , no hope on a fair pay out. Really obnoxious staff, whom live to be unhelpful and stop a pay out. Just a total unfriendly, unpleasant company

Reviewed on 6th December 2020
P Gavin's avatar
P Gavin

Unfairly increased 20% of insurance after two months of renewal

Very disappointed with the Admiral car insurance and because of their unfair decision, I cancelled my insurance with them. I had multicar insurance from last 2 years, cancelled one a month back as one car was sold. Now suddenly they increased my insurance by 20% on the basis of their unfair decision and also asking for £30 changes fee that I have not asked for. I still have 10 months left on my insurance. Spoke to their customer service team member that was totally useless. Cancelled my insurance immediately as don't want to be with such company and paid £55 for cancellation charges. They are just finding the reasons to get the money back that they refunded to their customer back in April.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2020
Yasin's avatar
Yasin

Faultless customer service

Faultless customer service - fantastic online and offline! I love the 'My Account' feature which allows you to view your policies online, and make quick changes and download your documents whenever you like. You can also change your payment methods and see offers. When I rang to ask a question about renewal I got an instant pick up and renewed with a £60 discount on the online price through asking just a few questions. Really excellent and helpful service.

Reviewed on 6th November 2020
Charlotte B's avatar
Charlotte B

Very good !

My best choice about Admiral car insurance !

Reviewed on 29th September 2020
Mihai Dumitru's avatar
Mihai Dumitru

Missold telematics insurance

If I could rate them 0 stars I... Read more

If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
I took out a telematics policy and made sure I had business insurance and a significant number of business miles as I am a community nurse. I clarified this with the advisor on the phone before taking out the policy and they told me this was fine.
3 months down the line I am being penalised on their “telematics policy” for driving and parking away from home too much!
When I questioned this with them they tried to tell me that I was meant to this as they told me they would monitor my driving and that just because I took loads of business miles out that they couldn’t predict the future and know I was going to drive around a lot??!!
I don’t understand how they can let me take out and pay for loads of business miles on a telematics policy and then penalise me later for it, they should have told me this before I took out the policy!!
I have never had any trouble with other companies on a telematics policy and driving around for my job as a community nurse.
Poor customer service and missold me insurance!!!

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Sophie McGregor's avatar
Sophie McGregor

Poorly organised

10 months after I switched from admiral they sent me a bill for £50. If that's how efficient they are with their own bills I'm glad I never had to put in a claim

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Ss's avatar
Ss

Car Insurance

Was super quick and easy to get a car insurance through themselves with no problems!

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Alex B's avatar
Alex B

Helpful and friendly

Easy to deal with, never had to make a claim. Price good for what you get.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Victoria's avatar
Victoria

Competitive

They have always been responsive and beat competitors' quotes for renewal every year

Alice Brewer's avatar
Alice Brewer

Great product

Good price, cover and advice when needed.

JoJo Young's avatar
JoJo Young

Competitive rates, great Comms

Changed to Admiral purely based on price, but their communications have been clear and precise

Lesley J Batten's avatar
Lesley J Batten

Amazing service

Every person is so lovely and we have both cars and house under a multicover policy

Gemma Thomas's avatar
Gemma Thomas

Easy to purchase

Easy to purchase with very helpful staff though disappointed their system added £200 on when my car arrival date moved forward. Haven't claimed so not sure how easy process is

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Verity's avatar
Verity

Good service

Multi car policy with Household Insurance too has given good discounts. Also refunding part premiums due to COVID is a good gesture.

Reviewed on 14th September 2020
SMS's avatar
SMS

Would recommend

Amazing I had alot of trouble with my previous insurer and eventually cancelled so I contacted admiral who helped me and found the best cover for me. Plus they constantly email with current situations and sometimes just a checking in email. Lovely.

Reviewed on 14th September 2020
Sabrina Nicholas's avatar
Sabrina Nicholas

peace of mind

when chatting by phone, pleasant and reassuring conversation. Outcome as wishes and confidence given as to my needs for both cars and house. Thanks

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Marion Stevenson's avatar
Marion Stevenson

Great prices and extremely helpful

I’ve had my car insurance with Admiral for years and they always give competitive pricing and great customer service. I’ve recently moved in with my partner and we have now taken out the Admiral Multicar policy which gave us both a saving!

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Megan Brown's avatar
Megan Brown

Very good

A very good example of insurance companies

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
Mike  .c's avatar
Mike .c

Prompt service, reliable company

Always answer on relatively short period. Happy until now whot their service.

Reviewed on 9th September 2020