Admiral: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 21,727 reviews, last reviewed 4th Jul 2024
67% decrease in 1 star reviews

I have found Admiral Insurance to be the best value... I have found Admiral Insurance to be the best value for money, for my car insurance. I also like the app, it is easy to use and has all of my informat... Read more Reviewed on: 16th June 2024
Susan H's avatar
Susan H

Don't use for third party claims! An Admiral driver hit my car, writing it off, totally his fault, no dispute there. I started a claim with my insurance company, only to have many call... Read more Reviewed on: 4th July 2024
Emma's avatar
Emma

About the Car Insurance

Find out what genuine customers have to say about Admiral by reading the Admiral car insurance reviews on Smart Money People.

Admiral was launched in 1993 specialising in car insurance. Nowadays, the company offers a variety of policies and has expanded its options for motor insurance to include policies for electric vehicles, learner drivers and a multi car policy.

Consider what’s most important to you. Do you value a low-cost premium, or would you benefit from the peace of mind that comes with a higher level of cover? Do you plan to include any optional add-ons? Do you have multiple cars to insure? Whatever your needs, learn what genuine customers think of Admiral to find out if it’s the best provider for you.

Have you had a car insurance policy with Admiral? Consider leaving a review on Smart Money People to help us increase trust and transparency in financial services. Were you satisfied with the cost of the premium for the level of cover you received? If you’ve used the multi car policy, did you find the price to be competitive compared to individual policies? Did you have to make a claim, and if so, how well was it dealt with? Leave an Admiral car insurance review today and share your experience.

Review Admiral: Car Insurance now

Admiral Car Insurance reviews (21727)

Don't use for third party claims!

An Admiral driver hit my car, writing it off, totally his fault, no dispute there. I started a claim with my insurance company, only to have many calls from Admiral asking to claim through them instead. After offering me £500 to swap, I finally gave in an let them deal with my losses. Big mistake! They undervalued my car (no surprise) and even though I kept rejecting it, they would not increase their offer. After creating a complaint, they did not change their minds, even with much evidence from the Internet of how much my car was selling for. They referred me to the ombudsman, washing their hands of me. What transpires is, the finance ombudsman only helps claimants that have a dispute with their OWN insurance, and therefore could not intervene as Admiral was not my insurer, even though legally they can approach me and take on my claim?!! A total loop in the law here with no protection for me whatsoever. Absolutely disgusted. I've lost money from my car write off and my insurance premiums have gone up, even though it was a total non-fault claim. Makes me not want to drive any more. The laws need changing so companies cannot get away with this. They knew what they were doing, so others please take note if they approach you. Reviewed on: 4th July 2024
Emma's avatar
Emma

CUSTOMER FOR 6 YEARS MY AUTO RENEWAL OVER THE PHONE...

CUSTOMER FOR 6 YEARS MY AUTO RENEWAL OVER THE PHONE FAILED AND THE LAST PAYMENT FAILED / WAS THEN TOLD I HAD NOT BEEN INSURED FOR 5 DAYS ASKED TO RENEW WHEN I PHONED THEM AND WAS TOLD AS I HAD MISSED A PAYMENT I WAS NOT ALLOWED THE MONTHLY DIRECT DEBIT OPTION / AFTER NOT MISSING ONE PAYMENT IN 6 YEARS / UNACCEPTABLE WAY TO TREAT A LONG STANDING CUSTOMER YOU DONT WANT MY MONEY THATS YOUR CHOICE GONE WITH RAC INSURANCE NOW Reviewed on: 17th June 2024
MARK's avatar
MARK

I have found Admiral Insurance to be the best value...

I have found Admiral Insurance to be the best value for money, for my car insurance. I also like the app, it is easy to use and has all of my information/documents/ date of renewal easily accessed whenever I need to. Reviewed on: 16th June 2024
Susan H's avatar
Susan H

TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT.

TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT..... ISH to cut a long story short. 3 weeks ago i ran a quote for a land rover i was considering buying through EVERY uk search engine. On every occasion Admiral came top of the lists by a fair amount. THIS WAS THREE WEEK AGO. i was coincidentally already a customer with them so changed over the 'new car' to the old policy knowing the new policy was die soon and hoping for an equally favorable renewal. CAN YOU GUESS WHAT CAME NEXT.... 3 weeks later i got the renewal. NO CHANGE in any circumstances what so ever. the renewal was £500 more expensive than it had been 3 weeks ago... i rang and spent 2 hours being passed from pillar to post. i also ran the car through every online web site again. this time strangely ADMIRAL were no where on the search engine. this time it was TESCO... every result showed they were now chasing my business. this is how a company hooks you in then 'SHAFT' you come renewal the fact that ADMIRAL would not quote on the latest search shows the new UK law forbidding Insurance companies penalizing existing customers over 'new business' is working.... show no loyalty to any company and use the search engines... loyalty is not valued by this faceless companies... needless to say i am no longer with ADMIRAL.. be interesting to see if next year they want me back Reviewed on: 13th June 2024
IAN M's avatar
IAN M

Do you have a different Admiral product?

Admiral has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products