Admiral Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 8,947 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago
  Visit website

Admiral car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Admiral car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Admiral before, you too can write a short Admiral car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Admiral Review Insight

Your Car Insurance Reviews

8,947 reviews

Review Admiral's Car Insurance now

Monthly payment not available

I am so happy to deal with admiral in all aspects of vehicle insurance. Lowest premium, quick and high claim ratio. But recently Admiral not allowing for monthly installment of premium, which means they don't want middle or low class customers. Initially monthly payment was an attracting factor, but now not available

Reviewed on 3rd July 2021
Anchu's avatar
Anchu

Totally useless legal insurance

Totally useless legal... Read more

Totally useless legal insurance
Had an accident where (so-called) 'third party' (the other driver/their insurance) immediately accepted liability.
After two full working weeks Admiral legal insurance have not given any useful legal assistance - other than declaring themselves incompetent (after 1 working week of waiting with phone lines closed) for defending my financial losses to third party, not having made any decision - or entered any meaningful conversation about whether they provide a lawyer to get involved etc (another 7 days after their own law firm had declared themselves incompetent).

Admiral insurance also initially tried to persuade me into me letting them handle the case - which would have cost me (with very high likelihood, given the prompt response of the 3rd party insurance) £500 of excess fees. Great, thank you Admiral

Reviewed on 18th June 2021
Markus Bauer's avatar
Markus Bauer

I'm winning to accommodate disabled people

I bought a brand new car and and with less than 2000 miles on the clock one of Admirals customers reversed into my parked car .by time I got home Admiral insurance called me to beat me from contacting my insurance in hope they can save a couple of quid. They wanted a garage to collect the car so they can inspect and do any work to be carried out I made them aware that I am under the seriously critical vulnerable as I have emphysema of the lungs and I do not wish for anybody else to drive my car because of covid-19. Which I didn't think was unreasonable .so I got a quote over the phone from a garage regarding what it would cost to repair my car it was just short of £2,000.
So I mentions to admiral just give me the money and I can deal with it in my own time . Admiral Insurance point Blank refused and was adamant that the PPE which they wear will be more than sufficient. If I caught covid it can have detrimental effects on my life. So Admiral was trying to save a couple of quid now they have retracted their services and refusing to help in any way shape or form apart from give me £50 compensation which I have declined. Everyone and everywhere you go everyone has been amazing in accommodating not just people with disabilities but all kinds of people in helping to get through this together.
Admiral Insurance is not willing to help people with disabilities instead they they retract their services even though you're the innocent party. I am not suggesting not to go with Admiral Insurance I am merely expression my experience particularly as a disabled person. would I recommend Admiral Insurance no I wouldn't

Reviewed on 24th May 2021
Pedro Flan's avatar
Pedro Flan

Totally incompetent and unacceptable service

I pay a lot of money for my admiral policy. When I did claim for an accident that I was not at fault ( not even in the car for) for I found their entire claims system very hard to use. I was told several times people would not talk to me on the phone and I should use the online service despite me telling them that there was no online option for what I needed. When I did get through I was out on hold for over 15 minutes at a time several times. They then tried to write my car off without assessing it and told me ‘they didn’t know the procedure for what to do otherwise’. I was then eventually told they would take it to a garage and that my excess would not be payable and that I would not have my no claims bonus affected. 3 hours after the car had been picked up they phoned me to arrange pick up and then claimed to have no idea where the car had been taken.
I was then not contacted for over a week until I eventually called them when i was told it had been deemed a total loss the week before but no one had bothered to call me. I was then told at that point they would deduct my excess from the value of the car and refused to give me any aid in claiming my excess back from the other company.

Overall I have found their service completley incompetent and unacceptable, I will not be renewing with them and would not recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Alicia Howell's avatar
Alicia Howell

Rip off to make changes to your policy

Like most insurance companies they are fine until you actually need something. Getting a policy was easy and a reasonable price which i paid for in one go.... Read more

Eight months into my policy i changed my car for one with a higher insurance group. Naturally you expect to pay a little more for this, however admiral wanted me to pay an extra £143 pounds.

When added to the £411, I had already paid, would of meant that i have, in total, paid admiral a whole year of car insurance, for the car that cost more to insure, despite the fact i would only be driving it for 4 months of my policy.

When i tried to complain i was told the difference in price was because the new car is a higher insurance group. I have already told admiral that i have no issue with it being more to insure.

My issue is that I am going to end up paying the equivalent of 12 months insurance on a more expensive car, despite driving a cheaper car for 8 months of the policy but admiral cannot seem to understand this. So last time i will be using them.

Reviewed on 31st March 2021
Jake 's avatar
Jake

Awful Service. Incompetent Advisors. TRIED TO RIP ME OFF

When my car insurance was going to renew, I spoke with a telephone advisor to get several different quotes (I wanted to compare how much my insurance would cost with/without black box, when I change address, If I changed jobs, IF I changed my annual miles etc). The guy I spoke to was nice, he assured me nothing would change until i had confirmed any of the above, but my policy did change. My details were changed without my knowledge and as a result my insurance went up by £100! I called back to complain and a different advisor couldn't help me. She didn't understand what had happened and couldn't answer any of my questions (questions that the previous advisor could). She made me answer hundred of questions then gave me the same quote after an hour. Was a total waste of time. So I decided to leave Admiral and go elsewhere - I found MUCH cheaper insurance with someone else with ALL of the benefits that Admiral were offering WITHOUT a box.

What makes it worse is Admiral have never got in touch to tell me when they will remove the box. They don't insure me anymore. They tried calling me ONCE and I couldn't take the call so they never called again. OH. and the had the audacity to write me letters asking why I had cancelled my direct debit to them even though they didn't insure me any more and my account was 100% paid! It's been a horrible experience and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 21st February 2021
MC1's avatar
MC1

Great prices

For the second year running, Admiral Car Insurance has offered me the best value for money.

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
Sueann's avatar
Sueann

Fantastic service when renewing my policy with Gareth!

I spoke to a lovely chap called Gareth in the Renewals team 30/01/2021. They lowered my renewal offer by over £200 and even though I am now still paying £5 a month more than the cheapest quote I got through Compare the Market, I thought Gareth's brilliant service and enthusiasm throughout this process made me decide it was worth the extra £5 a month to stay with them. I also think the Admiral App is brilliant and I did unfortunately have to deal with an accident I had last year and they were extremely helpful then too! This is now my third year with them and I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 30th January 2021
James Fields's avatar
James Fields

Great Insurance Solutions

This is my second year with Admiral and I am still impressed. They helped me alter my insurance choices. I have had no issues with service

Reviewed on 30th January 2021
pattyyoung@virginmedia.com's avatar
pattyyoung@virginmedia.com

Utter disgrace

I've just moved home and my other Insurers (house and van) changed the correspondence address without charge but not Admiral who wanted £25 to change it on the phone / £9.50 online! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
reg's avatar
reg

Plainly dishonest

Horrible to deal with, standby for over an hour on hold before talking to an unfriendly , pre-programed customer representative. blatantly dishonest policies , no hope on a fair pay out. Really obnoxious staff, whom live to be unhelpful and stop a pay out. Just a total unfriendly, unpleasant company

Reviewed on 6th December 2020
P Gavin's avatar
P Gavin

Unfairly increased 20% of insurance after two months of renewal

Very disappointed with the Admiral car insurance and because of their unfair decision, I cancelled my insurance with them. I had multicar insurance from last 2 years, cancelled one a month back as one car was sold. Now suddenly they increased my insurance by 20% on the basis of their unfair decision and also asking for £30 changes fee that I have not asked for. I still have 10 months left on my insurance. Spoke to their customer service team member that was totally useless. Cancelled my insurance immediately as don't want to be with such company and paid £55 for cancellation charges. They are just finding the reasons to get the money back that they refunded to their customer back in April.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2020
Yasin's avatar
Yasin

Faultless customer service

Faultless customer service - fantastic online and offline! I love the 'My Account' feature which allows you to view your policies online, and make quick changes and download your documents whenever you like. You can also change your payment methods and see offers. When I rang to ask a question about renewal I got an instant pick up and renewed with a £60 discount on the online price through asking just a few questions. Really excellent and helpful service.

Reviewed on 6th November 2020
Charlotte B's avatar
Charlotte B

Very good !

My best choice about Admiral car insurance !

Reviewed on 29th September 2020
Mihai Dumitru's avatar
Mihai Dumitru

Missold telematics insurance

If I could rate them 0 stars I... Read more

If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
I took out a telematics policy and made sure I had business insurance and a significant number of business miles as I am a community nurse. I clarified this with the advisor on the phone before taking out the policy and they told me this was fine.
3 months down the line I am being penalised on their “telematics policy” for driving and parking away from home too much!
When I questioned this with them they tried to tell me that I was meant to this as they told me they would monitor my driving and that just because I took loads of business miles out that they couldn’t predict the future and know I was going to drive around a lot??!!
I don’t understand how they can let me take out and pay for loads of business miles on a telematics policy and then penalise me later for it, they should have told me this before I took out the policy!!
I have never had any trouble with other companies on a telematics policy and driving around for my job as a community nurse.
Poor customer service and missold me insurance!!!

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Sophie McGregor's avatar
Sophie McGregor

Poorly organised

10 months after I switched from admiral they sent me a bill for £50. If that's how efficient they are with their own bills I'm glad I never had to put in a claim

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Ss's avatar
Ss

Car Insurance

Was super quick and easy to get a car insurance through themselves with no problems!

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Alex B's avatar
Alex B

Helpful and friendly

Easy to deal with, never had to make a claim. Price good for what you get.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Victoria's avatar
Victoria

Competitive

They have always been responsive and beat competitors' quotes for renewal every year

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Alice Brewer's avatar
Alice Brewer

Great product

Good price, cover and advice when needed.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020