Are You Owed Money Debt Collection Reviews

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Your Debt Collection Reviews

Review Are You Owed Money 's Debt Collection now

Scam

This company is a scam. As soon as we paid them for their services, we never heard from them again. They stopped replying to email and do not take our calls. I am noticing that many people have experienced the same. What a scam. These people need to... Read more

This company is a scam. As soon as we paid them for their services, we never heard from them again. They stopped replying to email and do not take our calls. I am noticing that many people have experienced the same. What a scam. These people need to be reported

Reviewed on 15th July 2021
Khaliyl Guevera's avatar
Khaliyl Guevera

Reply from Are You Owed Money

Are You Owed Money limited is a professional debt recovery company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 664900. We provide to you, as we do for all of our customers 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, real-time access to case information via your client portal log-in, which also provides additional contact information for the company. This is explained to you with your welcome information when you became a customer and within our terms and conditions of business. We do not accept that we have not taken your calls or that we have stopped replying to emails. You have spoken to our customer services team who have sent copies to you of previous replies to the emails you claim not to have received. To claim that as soon as our services were engaged we suddenly stopped responding to you is factually incorrect, as are your defamatory remarks pertaining to the integrity of our business. All of our contact and regulatory information can be found on our website www.areyouowedmoney.co.uk.

Reply to my review not entirely true

In my review of this company my charge about them not being upfront with the true cost of their fees still... Read more

In my review of this company my charge about them not being upfront with the true cost of their fees still stands.
I was under the impression that the fee I paid on first contact was the total charge. I find out later that they will also charge you in excess of 30% of the total amount recovered in commission. They should be sailing in a galleon flying the Jolly Roger☠️

Reviewed on 28th June 2021
Colin Goddard's avatar
Colin Goddard

I was not told of the true cost of this 'service' during my initial enquiry.

When I first enquired I was told that the cost to recover would be £120 inc. ... Read more

When I first enquired I was told that the cost to recover would be £120 inc. VAT.
The amount I wanted to recover was only £280 but I was told that the fee would be added to the original debt. In the event, the debtors mother contacted me, ( I appreciate that was partially due to AYOM contact), and said she would pay the debt and my fee. This she did, and AYOM then made a further charge on the account of £150. I had to bear this further charge myself, making a cost of £270 to recover £280. If I could wind the clock back I would definitely not engage AYOM.

Reviewed on 26th June 2021
Colin Goddard's avatar
Colin Goddard

Reply from Are You Owed Money

Thank you for your review. We are glad that the debt was paid and that, as advised, the agreement fee charged for our time and effort in recovery of the case was also repaid. You should also be aware from the terms and conditions of the contract that there is a collection charge on payment of the debt, also recoverable by the debtor, which we advised you at the time of the total sum when the offer of payment was made. You have not been charged £270 to recover £280. You were charged £100 (excluding VAT), to recover £300, which was repaid to you by the debtor meaning a cost of £Nil. We are entitled under the contract to a further sum from monies received and advised you of the total sum on 3rd June 2021. It then appears from the cease notes that you accepted a lower amount than the total advised. We are sorry that you feel aggrieved, had you not accepted the lower amount and instead taken payment of the full amount as advised then the cost to you would have been zero. Regards, the Are You Owed Money team.

They'll owe you money is a better name

Do not give your money to these parasites, genuinely considering legal action.

Reviewed on 10th April 2021
hadleygladly77@gmail.com's avatar
hadleygladly77@gmail.com

Radio Silence and utterly inactive!

I instructed this company last year for a long outstanding debt. OK, so Covid happened in the meantime, but they have been 100% ineffective, unresponsive, and 7 months later - no sign of the debts having been recovered and no sign of any activity. Their so-called client portal doesn't work, probably to hide the fact that they are ineffective.
Not worth even picking up the phone to these people!

Reviewed on 3rd March 2021
techno's avatar
techno

Reply from Are You Owed Money

Hi. Based on your username we are unable to locate your case on our customer database. Could you please email customerfeedback@ayom.co.uk with your case reference, contact telephone and email for us to investigate. Regards, the AYOM team.

Complete scam!

This company is a complete scam. They’ll tell you all the bad reviews are due to the nature of their business, people that owe money etc..this is not true! I employed this company a year ago, ref AY- 5159-3070 they never return my calls or emails, they haven’t got my money back and I’m now reporting to the ombudsman and police because I believe they’ve fraudulently obtained my money through deception!

Reviewed on 10th December 2020
Jenny Ann's avatar
Jenny Ann

Reply from Are You Owed Money

We strongly refute all instances of this review which question our legitimacy and integrity. Are You Owed Money Ltd are a fully licensed and regulated company. We comply with all UK laws and legislation. We will always seek to provide the best service possible for our clients but even in instances where recovery has not yet materialised, we will endeavour to keep working in line with our core values.

Scam Alert!!!

This is a scam company. Only reports of scam here are genuine. All other reviews are entered by areyouowedmoney themselves. Please note that you can find a genuine debt recovery service using networks like FSB - federation of small businesses - for free. Never sign up to a service that you find on google. 99% are crooks who are waiting for a vulnerable pray. They take advantage of the fact that you have little access to legal help. Make sure your insurance comes with a good legal expenses cover. I am now applying to court after chasing them for my money for almost a year with no success. Imagine how much time I would have saved, had I had joined FSB before. Thanks to my neighbour, I heard about FSB now and I can ask questions to small businesses like mine about similar problems that they might have experienced already.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2020
Alex's avatar
Alex

Reply from Are You Owed Money

We strongly refute all instances of this review which question our legitimacy and integrity. Are You Owed Money Ltd are a fully licensed and regulated company. We comply with all UK laws and legislation. We will always seek to provide the best service possible for our clients but even in instances where recovery has not yet materialised, we continue to keep working in line with our core values. Based on the username alone we are unable to locate you as an AYOM client. Please email customerfeedback@ayom.co.uk with a case reference number, email and phone number for us to investigate these allegations.

Con Artists

Steer clear. They do nothing. Talk a great talk. Complete waste of money. They should be in jail

Reviewed on 16th November 2020
Jackie's avatar
Jackie

Reply from Are You Owed Money

We strongly refute all instances of this review which question our legitimacy and integrity. Are You Owed Money Ltd are a fully licensed and regulated company. We comply with all UK laws and legislation. We will always seek to provide the best service possible for our clients but even in instances where recovery has not yet materialised, we continue to keep working in line with our core values. Based on your username alone we are unable to identify you as an AYOM customer. Please could you email customerfeedback@ayom.co.uk with your reference number, contact email and phone number for us to investigate your case and claims.

Complete waste of time

Don’t waste your money. Complete waste of time and money. They talk a good game and don’t do anything other than send a few emails. Customer service is terrible, they don’t want to know as soon as they have your money.

Reviewed on 22nd October 2020
David 's avatar
David

Paid an annual fee, passed a few debts to them, not received a penny, steer clear

paid them a four figure amount, promised reviews, status reports, progress, face to face with debtors...they sent texts and did nothing any amateur could do.... Read more

Never ever gave progress report probably because none to report.
Their credit report shows high risk, not at all surprising.

Reviewed on 21st October 2020
john's avatar
john

keep all your money

They failed to do anything on my case against lambert car sales Ltd other than make the odd phone call and send a letter. I had to apply to stop the company closing down. I had to attend court twice to win the case, I had to pay more money in fees. When it came to bailiffs collecting they got the money paid to them and it took 7 months to get anything out of them even then it was just the value of the car and no costs. I raised a complaint in December 2019 which is still not resolved. I paid £1200 to have a debt recovered which they said they would also recover but have not. It is as if they have no intent to recover their costs because they have taken it from me. They also keep a third of what is recovered. They collected £3171.88 and paid me £1704.08 7 months after collecting, as you can see they have kept more than a third. They do not reply to emails and my case handler is always not available. I have raised 2 complaints which they have ignored the only way I can get any response is to put it in the public domain, even then they complain about review platform policy and dispute negative feedback so it gets blocked without resolving why the negative feedback was left.

Reviewed on 16th August 2020
a mac's avatar
a mac

useless company

i work in the finance industry and this is by far the most incompetent company i have had to deal with. they are USELESS!!

Reviewed on 23rd July 2020
Mark's avatar
Mark

Not to be trusted

AYOM collected the money due from my customer but will not pass it to me. The case details which I should be able to access on line are incorrect and don't show that they have collected the money although they have told me in emails that they have all the money and I should get it at the end of March. (They collected the money in December.) Now it is June and apart from a contact from them because I gave an honest review of my experience, they have not answered emails or recorded delivery letters.

Reviewed on 4th June 2020
Martin's avatar
Martin

Very happy

Took a little while during the last 3 months to sort everything out but they kept me informed during the case. Recovered my entire debt and I've just received my money.

Reviewed on 3rd June 2020
Bryan Ross's avatar
Bryan Ross

Response

After the last review, I had a response from my case manager (Will), it took him 2 emails to revert to type.

Reviewed on 23rd May 2020
John Ross's avatar
John Ross

Truly shocking service and support

They have not even attempted to provide me with the service promised. They refuse to respond to my emails. I am working harder than anyone at this company in typing this review. I am seriously considering taking a debt collector to a small claims court to retrieve my fee. Go Figure! AVOID!

Reviewed on 11th February 2020
John Ross's avatar
John Ross

Couldn't be happier

Great service thanks to my case manager for sorting it out so quickly.

Reviewed on 21st January 2020
NK91's avatar
NK91

My account manager worked very hard

Can't fault my account manager on this one. Made sure they kept me informed of what was going on and managed to sort out my case within a couple of months thanks to a payment plan. Would recommend and use again.

Reviewed on 21st December 2019
SP Designs's avatar
SP Designs

Good service

Very happy with my result. Thanks.

Reviewed on 10th November 2019
JamieF's avatar
JamieF

Are you owed Money is a scam company ! Not to be trusted

We hired them in May, paid 1000£ to them as a fee, we are now mid October, we have not received a penny from the money our debtor owed, despite the fact that our debtor has fully repaid them. When we hired them they never informed us they would agree to a weekly payment plan, that it would take months to possibly get our money back by monthly cheque, they do not return calls, they do not update us. We made a complaint and when we called the complaint department, they said they were too busy to take our call, I emailed the woman twice and she never answered my email, the whole point of hiring a debt recovery agency is to get the money back swiftly. Stay away from them. They are scam

Reviewed on 10th October 2019
valery demure ltd's avatar
valery demure ltd

Reply from Are You Owed Money

The allegations of fraudulent activity in this review are slanderous and we will discuss actions regarding this review with Smart Money People. The issues addressed in this review are the same as addressed to us via this client's complaint which was handled via our procedure. As stated in our response to the initial complaint: As per the terms and conditions of our agreement, any monies recovered are subject to a minimum holding period of 90 days before being accounted to our client. This is to protect our clients, and ourselves, from the risks associated with possible clawbacks or payment disputes. Due to the nature of our industry, we are at risk of monies received being clawed back by debtors at a later date. Whether this be from a card payment, as part of insolvency proceedings or payment disputes, to name a few, we must protect the payment in order to reduce the risk associated with this. We have an article about clawbacks on our website which explains in some more detail here: https://areyouowedmoney.co.uk/ayom-blog/post/chargebacks-holding-period.php Once payments have passed the 90 day holding period, they will then be reviewed for processing by the finance department. Payments that have passed the holding period are added to the next available payment run so depending on where that falls, will depend on when a payment is going to be processed. It is not processed on the 90 day threshold as our finance department must allocate time in their schedule to complete other business duties so they consolidate the processing of payments to certain times of each month. The remaining payments are due to be processed in February and March. We are still pursuing the debtor for payment to clear the balance and I can advise on approximate processing dates for these when they come in. As this client's complaint is still in process we cannot make further comment at this time and are attempting to answer all queries while resolving the final payments of the debt which will then all be passed to this client once the funds have been marked safe from clawback.