Axa Home Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 43 reviews       Last review 1 week ago
  Visit website

Axa home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Axa handle your home insurance claim? Our Axa home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Axa? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Good

Axa Review Insight

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Axa's Home Insurance now

Avoid this awful company, a law unto their own

What a truly awful, despicable, underhand... Read more

What a truly awful, despicable, underhand company.

I had an escape of water back in 2016. they sent around unqualified cowboys who caused untold damage to my property. They tried to cover this up, and I had to hire a surveyor to fail their work as "unsafe"

Even then they dragged it out another six months before "patching things up". Almost immediately their work started to fail, and so I was given the mightiest run around - they don't record your calls, they don't make notes, they don't escalate things...and then after finally messaging their CEO, I was told "case has been closed, no contact".

I went to the FCO who sided with me and told them to resolve the problem. three months on (and more delays) they are saying as i didn't complain sooner, it's now out of warranty and my problem.

I've been left with 5 years of stress of chasing these clowns to fix problems they made, and they are trying to say they don't have to abide by the FCO or Trading Standards...as they didn't act on my complaints or record them.

Avoid this scum company.

Reviewed on 16th July 2021
K.james Carters's avatar
K.james Carters

As Long as you Do Not Claim its a Great Company

I have never experienced such mudled service before. Their loss adjusters are not properly qualified, their estimating software a mystery. I had my claim upheld in the end but it was a struggle. I did not renew my policy!

Reviewed on 29th March 2021
Clive's avatar
Clive

Big scam

ATTENTION ... Read more

ATTENTION
I wish I had read the reviews before signing up.
AXA assistance and Damand services.
My boiler was cutting off and pressure was dropping so I called the home emergency insurance provided by Halifax bank who I have been paying for the past 7 years. An engineer came out and said the boiler needs a new expansion vessel and a pressure relief valve and the boiler needs to come off the wall. He left saying the insurance company AXA will contact me. 1 day later no call, so I called them AXA asked for my service document which I emailed right away. AXA said the insurance does not cover the repairs and I need to pay £182 on top. When I asked how much I have left to spend they said £98 of the £250. So after managing the extra £182 I called back and said yes please go ahead with the job. Damand called took a payment of £185 and said the engineer will call before they arrive. So next day they arrive and detach the boiler off the wall they replace the expansion vessel and start saying that gasses are leaking. They cap the boiler off and pack up saying that the insurance company will call you and the boiler is dangerous you can't use it.
The insurance company AXA phone me and say that the service document is not correct its a gas safety certificate and we need a service certificate. So no work can be carried out until we give a service document. The service provider informed me it is a service document and it clearly states a service was carried out and the carbon monoxide had a safe reading of below 0.0007. Damand have damaged my boiler and broke the condense pipe. They get to keep my £185 for 2 parts and to repair my boiler. They have capped my boiler off. I have no hot water or heating and have 6 children under 10 years old youngest is 5mths. Damand and AXA now have the audacity to blame others for damaging my boiler. They are using the excuse of my service document so they don't have to repair my boiler. If we can't trust our insurance providers who can we trust.

Reviewed on 27th March 2021
M.baig's avatar
M.baig

Policy worth nothing as they will not pay out on valid claims

Vile company. Abusive liars, out to defraud legitimate claimants. Mis-sold me a policy and refused to honour it putting me through years of hell. Out 25k. They have used every trick in the book to wheedle out. Beneath contempt. Do not use Axa. To date they refuse to answer key questions.

Reviewed on 6th January 2021
Sophie M's avatar
Sophie M

Excellent and helpful

Claims made easy with approachable and helpful staff during what can be a potentially difficult time.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2020
NK's avatar
NK

Great value

Great service easy to fill in the forms etc. and great value

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Quizz Guy's avatar
Quizz Guy

Excellent Service

Efficient, caring, listening and competitive.

Reviewed on 7th July 2020
Elaine Graeme's avatar
Elaine Graeme

Axa insurance is a fraud

The rating is... Read more

The rating is zero.
Do not take out insurance with Axa, they are fraudsters. They take your money and claim you are insured. When you make a claim they tell you that you are not covered.
I have three separate documents, two stating that I am covered for legal assistance and one now refuting the previous two, all documents are from Axa.

Reviewed on 7th May 2020
No's avatar

A brilliant service from Axa Homesmart Insurance

Axa Homesmart insurance has been absolutely brilliant. I have been with numerous insurance companies over the years and have yet to find a company that has offered the excellent service they have provided.... Read more

All their call centres are staffed by individuals who are personable and professional. Their legal advice team - Lyons Davidson Solicitors - are fantastic and have given me excellent advice time and time again.

What's surprising is that their price for insurance beats all the other companies and that includes home emergency and legal advice.

I was previously with Prudential who were also pretty good but not in the same league, and then swapped to Churchill who without doubt were the worst company I have ever dealt with on all fronts. They seem to have the most appallingly rude and incompetent staff you could possibly imagine across claims, customer service, legal and complaints. I can only presume the management team are just not up to the job.

I have just renewed for a second year with Axa and hope to stay with them in future. I highly recommend the company and their home insurance.

Reviewed on 25th February 2020
Julie Davies's avatar
Julie Davies

Home Emergency Insurance

Made a claim on their Home Emergency insurance for a gas leak after being cut off immediately as per law requires (November, no heating, hot water, Cooking). Paid plumber £750 to sort problem out but took 5 days due to his other commitments, not great but fair enough. Took a month to decide that I wasn't fully covered because the plumber reported the problem as a corroded pipe buried in the concrete floor feeding our gas fire. Ended up with £250 after chasing and chasing, lie after lie about the delays processing the claim..........Stay well clear. Crooks!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 19th December 2019
Adrian Melina's avatar
Adrian Melina

Roof claim

AXA agents for Hastings. No dispute about a roof leak claim. Came out ASAP to investigate, claim wasn't upheld but impressed with service all the way through

Reviewed on 31st August 2019
Chilledout 's avatar
Chilledout

AXA's Abysmal handling and customer service

AXA my home insurer recommended and made an appointment for a drainage company (Lanes For Drains) to visit my property on the 21st of May to fix a partially blocked bath. Upon calling AXA, I was told that I had an Home Emergency Cover Extra Policy, so as such there was No excess to pay, I was cover up to £1000 and this did not affect my NO CLAIMS BONUS.
Engineer upon arrival put snake machine down bath waste making a whole in the waste beneath the bath and proceeded to fill the bath to ensure blockage had gone. I coincidentally went downstairs to get a glass of water. Upon open my Living room door on the way to my kitchen, I found water coming through my ceiling in several locations, causing damage to ceiling, wooden floor below, blinds and a floor lamp.A result of the engineer filling the bath and making a whole in the bath waste, all the water coming through my ceiling and get in to my electrics

I Took videos and photos of the damage caused and the engineer who caused damage helping me to stem the flow of water. To be followed the next day by engineer denying he had caused any damage in my house

Further damage 3 days later caused in removing tiles to get access to the waste. Before removal, Area manager for drainage company attend giving me his direct number via business card and word, ensuring me that any damage done would be fixed and repaired back to original state.
(It was later found by a further engineer who changed the waste beneath the bath, that the blockage was caused by a build up of debris in the soil stack, not the pipes beneath the bath as all were brand new and replaced when I recently installed a new bathroom less than year ago.
3 Months later after supplying AXA and the drainage company with videos and pictures from the damage done, neither AXA or the drainage company have taken any responsibility for damage to my recently refurbished house and are deeming me liable for cause and refused to pay for the damage to both bathroom and living room, none of which was present before engineer arriving on the 21st of May 2019

AXA have shown zero understanding, empathy or taken any responsibility for what has taken place and offered a deplorable £300 to fix all damages, after asking me to get several quotes for the repairs, which I supplied ranging from £4000-£4500

I find this to totally disrespectful and unconscionable on their part to treat customers this way and to take no accountability

I have been paying and had home insurance for the past 20 plus years and never once claimed, so to be treated like this when I asked for help I find despicable.

As a result of this, I will be cancelling my policy and will NEVER spend money, recommend with or do business with AXA again.

POLICY NUMBER : DU HHS 5101386

Reviewed on 13th August 2019
Jason 's avatar
Jason

Renewal rip off

Renewal rip off when I went to cancel they offered me a reduction... no way loyalty first or bye bye

Reviewed on 23rd July 2019
Jill Fairbanks's avatar
Jill Fairbanks

Easy to deal with

Website is easy to sign in and access policy documents and its shows your level of cover so you easily tell what is or isn't covered without having to resort to pages of small print

Reviewed on 14th July 2019
Richard Rowley's avatar
Richard Rowley

never had an issue

always been reasonable cost and cover seems comprehensive. i've never needed to claim so can't judge on that process but the cover seems very good and always easy to renew

Reviewed on 8th July 2019

Reviewed on 8th July 2019
Claire Melvin's avatar
Claire Melvin

Good customer service

I have had an insurance with axa for the last four years - including a major claim. Im happy with the service

Reviewed on 7th July 2019
Vid Ram's avatar
Vid Ram

Viel gutes

Das was ich gehört habe super macht weiter so Daumen hoch

Reviewed on 20th November 2018
Heiko.fahle's avatar
Heiko.fahle

Good quality cover

Have used to cover buildings insurance in my rented out property. Great cover tailored towards. landlords, giving me peace of mind and competitive premiums

Reviewed on 23rd September 2018
Lynslatter's avatar
Lynslatter

Great service with home insurance

I had a recent claim and they sorted it out within minutes and the money was in my account within a few hours . Very helpful and efficient when you need them the most.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2018