Voting in the British Bank Awards 2020 is now open.
VOTE NOW

Covea Insurance Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 5 reviews Last review 1 week ago

Our Covea Insurance Car Insurance reviews can help you to find out what life as a Covea Insurance customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Your Car Insurance Reviews (5)

30th November 2019

Covea; Thieving corrupt company

WARNING TO EVERYONE ABOUT Covea Insurance Plc and Apollo Motor Group THEY ARE THIEVING, ENGINE TAMPERING, CORRUPT, LYING CROOKS!

Long story short…

My wife’s car was hit in a corner of Sainsbury’s car park Newbury at the end of August (minor damage to bumper & wing) so it was picked up by Covea’s approved garage Apollo Motor Group of Portsmouth & taken to their Basingstoke branch.

Covea decided to write it off despite the car being mechanically sound when Apollo picked it up from us.

They had the car for 4 or 5 weeks but no-one contacted me to say it was a write off until I rang them. I decided to get the car repaired from an independent body-shop recommended by a friend who owns his own insurance brokerage rather than accept their insulting salvage amount.

The body-shop alerted me to a few things when I picked it up a few days later including the coolant container & lid being damaged so oil was mixing with the coolant.

On the way home I broke down on the M4 & was rescued by the AA. The body-shop said that the car had been tampered with because oil was mixing with the coolant & sprayed all over the engine. Only the bumper was damaged; now the car’s engine is ruined beyond repair.

Covea & Apollo deny any liability but they are lying! The body-shop is convinced Covea sabotaged the car & took parts for other vehicles which happens a lot apparently on ‘write-off’s; they also stole the spare wheel, jack & tow device from the boot but again deny that!

The body-shop is convinced they removed parts knowing they were going to write it off which is very concerning; it was also filthy when it was returned.

I HAVE REPORTED THE THEFT TO THE POLICE & now will pursue them thru’ the Financial Ombudsman.

The car was fully serviced & MOT’d recently so there was nothing wrong with it mechanically; but when I picked it up & drove it back it seized up & the damage is terminal…the engine has been tampered with & parts taken from it…the missing wheel & jack proves this.

Something very suspicious has happened since I decided to reject the salvage offer.

Finally my broker @GroveandDean have been so unhelpful too.

DO NOT INSURE ANYTHING WITH @CoveaInsurancePlc or use @apollomotorgroupltd

30th October 2019

Worst ever lost money and car

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates. ...

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates.
I was involved in a hit and run where the third party car was also insured by Covea. This made matters worse as they were 100% at loss.
I had my, then 4 week old and six year old in car.
I provided dashcam footage from witness, pictures of the driver running away on foot and pictures of my and third party car damage.
My car got recovered by the insurer to the repairer.
Now four weeks on, no hire car was provided and they have now confirmed car is deemed total loss as not economic to repair. Their repairer quoted absurdly and under valued my car.

I sent email to Covea saying I didn’t agree with the repair cost nor the value of car to which I provided manufacture proof of all extra specs, similiar cars for sale in my area (which was all over what they estimated), value estimated by Parkers. They then said a number lower than inital to which i found a joke.
They have not once called me to discuss claim - I’ve had to chase them!!
They have not provided a hire car! How do they expect me to go back to my normal life when I cant even take my daughter to school.
Every time I know i have to call them my anxiety levels go off the roof because they have messed me around so much. They have caused so much distress to me and my family. They have not once asked if we are ok or if we require any medical attention. They have failed me in every way possible.
Their customer service has been disgusting.
They do not care about their customers. They only care about the payments you make.

I’ve been left without a car, no money, no ‘life and depressed

30th October 2019

Worst company Lost my car and money

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates.
I had my, then 4 week old and six year old in car.
My car got recovered by the insurer to the repairer.

They have not once called me to discuss claim - I’ve had to chase them!!
Their customer service has been disgusting.

I’ve been left without a car, no money, no ‘life and depressed

9th May 2019

Terrible customer service

Honestly the worst customer service I have ever received from any insurer ever - which when we're talking about insurers is saying a lot. They ignore emails for weeks on end, their customer service line will hang up on you. Do not use Covea!

22nd August 2017

DO NOT DEAL WITH COVEA INSURANCE

This has to be the worst Insurance Company I have ever dealt with. Staff that would not know the truth if it met the face on....

Colluded with the Repair Centre to increase the cost of the quote they had already given me so that they were in a position to write of my car. The worst experience ever, NEVER DEAL WITH THIS INSURANCE COMPANY