Marshmallow: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 255 reviews, last reviewed 18th Jul 2024
38% decrease in 5 star reviews
55% decrease in 1 star reviews

thank you Doreen Really good service and Doreen helped me out with confirming my documents Reviewed on: 13th June 2024
IBRAHIM S's avatar
IBRAHIM S

Customer service terrible. Customer service terrible. Cannot speak to anyone and I have been waiting for 3 days to get a response to their ‘chat’ and still nothing. Emails are u... Read more Reviewed on: 18th July 2024
David w's avatar
David w

About the Car Insurance

Check out the Marshmallow car insurance reviews on Smart Money People, left by genuine customers to help you make an informed decision when choosing your new provider.

Marshmallow was founded in 2015, dedicated to providing affordable insurance to those often hit with outrageously high quotes, like students and expats. Marshmallow designed its own systems and writes its own policies, claiming to provide cheaper car and van insurance for all.

Perhaps you have a low credit score and find many insurers penalise you for this,or maybe you’re an expat without a UK driving licence, again, paying extra for your insurance? Marshmallow claims to have affordable policies for all, regardless of factors such as these. Read the Marshmallow car insurance reviews on Smart Money People to see how well the company lives up to these claims.

Have you had an insurance policy with Marshmallow? Did you find your premium cost reasonable in comparison to other quotes? Was the level of cover suited to your needs? How did you find communications with Marshmallow: was the customer service team friendly and helpful with fast response times? Did you have to make a claim on your policy, and if so, how well was it dealt with? Whether positive or negative, leave a Marshmallow car insurance review today to help us increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Review Marshmallow: Car Insurance now

Marshmallow Car Insurance reviews (255)

Customer service terrible.

Customer service terrible. Cannot speak to anyone and I have been waiting for 3 days to get a response to their ‘chat’ and still nothing. Emails are unanswered. Reviewed on: 18th July 2024
David w's avatar
David w

Don’t go in this company they are make fool please t...

Don’t go in this company they are make fool please try another company it’s very good my personal experience Reviewed on: 17th July 2024
Vyomesh P's avatar
Vyomesh P

Please avoid even if cheaper - horrendous experience

Thank you Marshmallow for the stress and for demonstrating that you have as much backbone and substance as the sweet you are named after. As a family that have worked in online companies this past decade, being online, a start-up and automated is not an excuse for being awful. If I were you I would be ashamed and embarrassed by how you have treated us as customers and looking through the various other comments around we are not alone in this experience. Please everyone avoid Marshmallow at all cost, they are not even good value unless you are expats returning. I have never been left feeling so wronged by a company in all my years. I could write an essay on our experience, my attempts to engage proactively with Marshmallow and the horrific way my family have been treated following being the victim to a road accident, but no one will have the time to read it, nor will most people believe it. I have left a full breakdown on Trustpilot for anyone interested in the details. Important thing is, please do not make the same mistake as us and do avoid this company Reviewed on: 12th July 2024
Dawn E's avatar
Dawn E

Absolutely awful service - DO NOT USE THEM!

Absolutely awful service from an insurance company - DO NOT USE THEM! If I could put less than 1 star I would because they deserve less. They do not care about customer service and only care about getting money from those who are vulnerable. Trying to claim £1000 off an individual whos car was stolen to make up for the fact that they wont be able to get any money from other places due to the vehicle not being recoverable. Will make sure that no one that I know uses this company, nor will I ever use again. Reviewed on: 19th June 2024
Jasmine T's avatar