Marshmallow: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 194 reviews, last reviewed 27th Nov 2023
100% decrease in 5 star reviews
11% decrease in 1 star reviews

Always happy to assist Marshmallow were on of the only companies to consider my clean driving history and no claims when moving from another country to England, they also as... Read more Reviewed on: 24th August 2023
DGrove's avatar
DGrove

Do not go with this broker I have a few thing for you to be aware of: Please do not look on the good review, as currently AI system able to generate the good review to push you... Read more Reviewed on: 27th November 2023

About the Car Insurance

Check out the Marshmallow car insurance reviews on Smart Money People, left by genuine customers to help you make an informed decision when choosing your new provider.

Marshmallow was founded in 2015, dedicated to providing affordable insurance to those often hit with outrageously high quotes, like students and expats. Marshmallow designed its own systems and writes its own policies, claiming to provide cheaper car and van insurance for all.

Perhaps you have a low credit score and find many insurers penalise you for this,or maybe you’re an expat without a UK driving licence, again, paying extra for your insurance? Marshmallow claims to have affordable policies for all, regardless of factors such as these. Read the Marshmallow car insurance reviews on Smart Money People to see how well the company lives up to these claims.

Have you had an insurance policy with Marshmallow? Did you find your premium cost reasonable in comparison to other quotes? Was the level of cover suited to your needs? How did you find communications with Marshmallow: was the customer service team friendly and helpful with fast response times? Did you have to make a claim on your policy, and if so, how well was it dealt with? Whether positive or negative, leave a Marshmallow car insurance review today to help us increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Review Marshmallow: Car Insurance now

Marshmallow Car Insurance reviews (194)

Do not go with this broker

I have a few thing for you to be aware of: Please do not look on the good review, as currently AI system able to generate the good review to push your review down until disappear from the first page. 1. The company have no contact number to discuss with live staff only on the chat, 2. Be aware of the fee, I apply and cancel the policy in the same day even it after an hour, I have to pay the fee £30 and if, off cooling down period the fee is £50, I read some review paid £150. 3. the chat support team so busy, I have to wait almost two hours just to cancel the policy, and I am not sure how long will it take to refund the money back. Reviewed on: 27th November 2023

Absolutely no common sense

Cancelled my insurance because I didn’t show my ID, even though they saw it last year and I’m still the same person, now they’ve changed their quote to be over £500 higher than it was last week Reviewed on: 21st November 2023

TERRIBLE they dont repair and they dont allow you to get repaired

I think Marshmallow sleep specialist company than an insurance company. They make a comfortable mattress with a pile of complaints and claims and just sleep on them. If you wake them up the only thing you get is a bunch of lies and just shuttle you between them and MRN( their repairing partner) Unfortunately I had a minor incident with my car 8 days ago and living with no car, until now no update and no ETA when they will pick my car for repair. Until they pick my car for repair, they don't give me a courtesy car. These guys say they assigned my case to MRN. MRN says all the garages they operate in UK have no capacity and I have time wait until my someone shows mercy but no one knows when that will be, days, months or years? I took list of approved garages from Marshmallow and spoke to the garages in my area, and to my shock they both said that they have still not received instructions from MRN about my car. I called MRN who said the approved garage list shared by marshmallow is invalid. I asked MRN to share valid list and they denied. Asked for ETA when they can pick my car., they dont have an answer for that. I have made necessary escalations to see if I can fix at near by garage and claim. They will charge £250 as penalty and this is over and above excess £250. I demanded a waiveoff of this penalty as they are delaying it to which both MRN and Marshmallow blame each other that the penalty is charged by other party and they can't waive off. Nothing happened in 8 days and no one know when something can be done. So in short they don't care, they don't repair, they don't work, they sleep but you don't dare to wake them up as it will only frustrate you Reviewed on: 17th November 2023

Very poor customer service

I insured my van with Marshmallow. Their automated system failed to recognise a document I uploaded as proof of employment. As they have no contact phone number I was not able to discuss the issue or find an alternative suitable document. They did not consider contacting me to resolve. Their solution was to cancel the policy and charge me handsomely with a cancellation fee. Avoid, what they would do if I needed to make a claim nobody knows. Reviewed on: 9th November 2023

Review Marshmallow: Car Insurance now